Sponsored

Let's talk Aux Switches - what are your plans?

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before you jump down my neck about using the search function, I already did. I've read all there is on the subject in this forum. I thought now that people are actually taking ownership of their Broncs we could revisit the topic.

What are your plans for those nuke switches? I'm thinking fog lights and roof mounted roman candle tubes for those pesky cyclists who love to ride in the middle of the road. Maybe a air horn that plays the intro to Thunder Kiss '65?
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me i'm doing the following: Aux2= Rigid roof mounted light bar, Aux3=Pillar mounted rigid 4" lights, Aux4&5=Baja Design modular bumper light kit

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've already hooked up pillar lights to Aux 2, Aux 3 (or whichever one.. who cares?) will be for a roof light bar, when someone decides to make one that isn't a rectangular techno light (and isnt a $1600 baja design)

the others? Honestly, no idea. I suppose I could wire a winch to an aux switch. be able to control form inside the vehicle??

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure yet. Don't really have any use for extra lights and just for looks it's too much $, plus don't like the wind noise from a light bar. I might add side lights that are built into the mirror (though I already have two in each mirror with my BL), since I have soft top I can't add any side lights (nice for camping) on the roof. Maybe someone makes some to mount on the roll bars inside and shine out? I can't go to SEMA, but hopefully we'll have lots of info coming in via youtube etc.
I'm sure I'll find something to add, but doubt I'll ever fill up all 6. If they would not have been part of my vehicle as is, I'm not sure I'd have ordered them.

Maybe some color changing mood light for late night camping under the rig? Could be fun with some music and the right mind set (cough) ;-)

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Diode Dynamic SAE Fogs will be integrated to the OEM circuitry.

Aux 1: Low bumper mounted Driving Pods
Aux 2: High Bumper mounted LP9’s
Aux 3: Cowl Mounted Spot Pods
Aux 4: Cowl mounted Ditch pods
Aux 5: Reverse Pods
Aux 6: Winch

In conjunction will be a 6 gang switch box for LP9 High-low control, amber DRL controls, Engine bay lighting, Rock lights, oracle light up letters…

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting to note, and I have no clue if its true, but my dealers Bronco expert mentioned that the first three switches are your "high amp" switches and the last 3 are low amp. He did not specify what the cut off was, but mentioned I wanted to keep high draw equipment on the first three toggles.

I will be equipping my Bronco with additional upfitter switches on top of the 6 included. They fill up quick. I will likely move all my lights over to a Switch Pro's 6/8 button panel and keep the 6 built in switches for low amp draws.

Items going on upfitters so far:
1.) I installed an RGBw lighting kit first thing. Bronco is DARK inside at night. Very bright LEDs under all the seats. Master switch to disable (maybe, on the fence on this one)
2.)ARB fridge
3.) Rewiring 12v in center console through an upfitter because it is always on.
4.)master for Switch Pros upfitter switches (if needed)
5.)Solar cut off for the panels that go on the roof to keep truck battery topped off etc while camping. The juice goes into a high capacity "power station" generator as a second power source for vehicle.
6.)GRMS radio
7.)Master toggle for 3 channel dashcam (front, back and inside)

I'm still building my lighting setup so I don't have the exact info. It will either be full Rigid with a 40" lightbar on bumper, 4 pod lights for mirror mounts for ditch lighting and their rock lights. If its Baja, its the 40" linkable bar for the bumper, ditch lights, rock lights and backup lights.

For those unfamiliar, this is a Switch Pros upfitter panel:
Ford Bronco Let's talk Aux Switches - what are your plans? 1635278204598

Not my photo, just some generic example.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen this using one of the switches for a radio a couple times now, what's the benefit? Better than have it hard wired and just run it off? Or are they always on? I've only used handheld so far, but want to install a midlands soon, just waiting if that rumored 50W actually materializes.

Also, why a switch for the fridge? Unless you keep it in the truck all the time and want it off if there's nothing in it, why not just plug it in?

Just curious, overlanding for days is going to be a new adventure for me. thx!
Sponsored