Sponsored

Let's talk Aux Switches - what are your plans?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting to note, and I have no clue if its true, but my dealers Bronco expert mentioned that the first three switches are your "high amp" switches and the last 3 are low amp. He did not specify what the cut off was, but mentioned I wanted to keep high draw equipment on the first three toggles.

I will be equipping my Bronco with additional upfitter switches on top of the 6 included. They fill up quick. I will likely move all my lights over to a Switch Pro's 6/8 button panel and keep the 6 built in switches for low amp draws.

Items going on upfitters so far:
1.) I installed an RGBw lighting kit first thing. Bronco is DARK inside at night. Very bright LEDs under all the seats. Master switch to disable (maybe, on the fence on this one)
2.)ARB fridge
3.) Rewiring 12v in center console through an upfitter because it is always on.
4.)master for Switch Pros upfitter switches (if needed)
5.)Solar cut off for the panels that go on the roof to keep truck battery topped off etc while camping. The juice goes into a high capacity "power station" generator as a second power source for vehicle.
6.)GRMS radio
7.)Master toggle for 3 channel dashcam (front, back and inside)

I'm still building my lighting setup so I don't have the exact info. It will either be full Rigid with a 40" lightbar on bumper, 4 pod lights for mirror mounts for ditch lighting and their rock lights. If its Baja, its the 40" linkable bar for the bumper, ditch lights, rock lights and backup lights.

For those unfamiliar, this is a Switch Pros upfitter panel:
1635278204598.png

Not my photo, just some generic example.
Ford Bronco Let's talk Aux Switches - what are your plans? 1635627998850
Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aux switches will be a TBD adventure for me. Maybe some fob lights, rear dust light, etc. I’m not a light bar guy so it all depends on how the headlamps function.

Odd coincidence…but I totaled my 85’ Bronco in 1993 while listening to Thunder Kiss. I still have the rear emblem.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting to note, and I have no clue if its true, but my dealers Bronco expert mentioned that the first three switches are your "high amp" switches and the last 3 are low amp. He did not specify what the cut off was, but mentioned I wanted to keep high draw equipment on the first three toggles.

I will be equipping my Bronco with additional upfitter switches on top of the 6 included. They fill up quick. I will likely move all my lights over to a Switch Pro's 6/8 button panel and keep the 6 built in switches for low amp draws.

1.) I installed an RGBw lighting kit first thing. Bronco is DARK inside at night. Very bright LEDs under all the seats. Master switch to disable (maybe, on the fence on this one)
2.)ARB fridge
5.)Solar cut off for the panels that go on the roof to keep truck battery topped off etc while camping. The juice goes into a high capacity "power station" generator as a second power source for vehicle.
6.)GRMS radio

I'm still building my lighting setup so I don't have the exact info. It will either be full Rigid with a 40" lightbar on bumper, 4 pod lights for mirror mounts for ditch lighting and their rock lights. If its Baja, its the 40" linkable bar for the bumper, ditch lights, rock lights and backup lights.

I've been eyeing this Switch Pro for a future build myself. If done properly, it can look very clean and I love how each can be custom labeled with pics. I actually think it looks better than Fords Aux switches (looks more factory built). Curious where you plan to mount it in the Bronco.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been eyeing this Switch Pro for a future build myself. If done properly, it can look very clean and I love how each can be custom labeled with pics. I actually think it looks better than Fords Aux switches (looks more factory built). Curious where you plan to mount it in the Bronco.
Im doing all self install, so over the coming weeks I'll be rolling out some small tutorials for the guys who are also too cheap to pay someone to do this stuff. Err, I mean.. handy. The guys who are handy. Thanks to another member who turned me on to the concept, I believe my switch pros will live in a 3d printed enclosure attached to the overhead switch assembly. Probably canted 30 or so degrees towards the driver instead of just parallel to the switches.

First comes a small walkthrough on in cabin lighting (its WAY too dark in the hard top at night) and then a 3 camera dash cam/security system install.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m gonna hook up a million candle power spotlight to the middle of the spare tire that I will flip the switch on anyone tailgating my ass.

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.)ARB fridge
6.)GRMS radio

That’s pretty slick. I have no clue. But, I feel like I’m going to go crazy adding stuff to mine.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im doing all self install, so over the coming weeks I'll be rolling out some small tutorials for the guys who are also too cheap to pay someone to do this stuff. Err, I mean.. handy. The guys who are handy. Thanks to another member who turned me on to the concept, I believe my switch pros will live in a 3d printed enclosure attached to the overhead switch assembly. Probably canted 30 or so degrees towards the driver instead of just parallel to the switches.

First comes a small walkthrough on in cabin lighting (its WAY too dark in the hard top at night) and then a 3 camera dash cam/security system install.
Wow, overhead and tilted. I am looking forward to seeing your tutorials. Back in HS I bought a generic overhead console from JC Whitney to mount a couple of driving computers, with one that even talked to you. I become well known for all the gadgets in my car.... and this was back in the 80s. Fun to relive the fun in a new modern vehicle that is easy to modify! I may have to jump on board with some of these ideas.

OCDON

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I agree the cabin is way to dark. This is first on my list for upgrades. Looking forward to seeing your set up.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree the cabin is way to dark. This is first on my list for upgrades. Looking forward to seeing your set up.
Im picking up the last few little pieces I need today and will be doing the "re-install" this afternoon. I found a much easier solution for wiring up to the aux switches. Totally forgot about the wire behind the glove box! I want it on the upfitter so I can kill the light when the doors are off, so its not so distracting/eye catching for other drivers. Entire install with parts is under $50.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was looking to hook up one switch to a dash cam, so I can switch off parking mode while parked in my garage to save the battery. But it turns out the fuses to the switches are not always on, and turn off with the vehicle.

I ended up just wiring to the battery for now with my own fuse and switch, but is there an easy way to rewire the aux switch so that it can stay on with the vehicle off?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threads like this make me wish I had learned more about power and wiring when I was young. I only got as far as licking 9-volt batteries.

OP
OP
Lucky Nut

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone successfully hooked up a "kill switch"? If so, I'd love to hear the step-by-step.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I would like to hear from all the experts out there on the reasoning behind connecting a winch to an Aux switch. I have seen quite a few threads that mention connecting a winch to one of the switches, but I do not know why? Is it just to have the power cut off until needed? I have run a winch for years on my Jeep direct connect to the battery and just plug in the controller when I need to use it.
Sponsored