First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco's on a Train somewhere and it being an OBX I can't get the rims and tires off fast enough. This will be my first truck and so I've been doing a lot of research trying to make sure I get it right. Tire load range in regards to ride quality seems to be a bring out some alarmists, while most people running D\E\F rated tires seem to be happy as clams with them. I looking for people to post their tire size\type and Load range and if they feel it has a good ride or is to harsh for them. Thanks!
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost every modern tire rides great at the correct pressure. Almost all ride poorly at the wrong pressure. Taste in tires though is like taste in women(or men). Get what you like for YOUR application, run them at the correct pressure, and rock on.

Load range of the tire is just one of many things to consider when you choose your tire.

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ride quality is subjective. What is acceptable to some is not to others. Going from a "C" to and "E" (which is probably one of the most common changes) is going to have a stiffer ride. The "E" tire is also going to weigh more which will effect your acceleration, braking, MPG, etc. All tires are a compromise in one way or another.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The air pressure is what affects the ride. My E rated tires on my F350 are 65 and 80 psi. It rides like a stage coach. Dropping down to 35 psi on a bronco will help a lot.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost every modern tire rides great at the correct pressure. Almost all ride poorly at the wrong pressure. Taste in tires though is like taste in women(or men). Get what you like for YOUR application, run them at the correct pressure, and rock on.

Load range of the tire is just one of many things to consider when you choose your tire.
The Bronco came with load range C for a reason. If you are going to use your Bronco as a Bronco and air down your tires this will become even more obvious why they put C range tires on.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco came with load range C for a reason. If you are going to use your Bronco as a Bronco and air down your tires this will become even more obvious why they put C range tires on.

That's hilarious. Your Bronco came with tires to meet EPA standards at the lowest price point. But rock on. As I said before, taste in tires are like taste in women. Use what works for you and drive on.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ride quality is subjective. What is acceptable to some is not to others. Going from a "C" to and "E" (which is probably one of the most common changes) is going to have a stiffer ride. The "E" tire is also going to weigh more which will effect your acceleration, braking, MPG, etc. All tires are a compromise in one way or another.
The E range tires aren’t going to air down well for off road situations either. There won’t be much sidewall flex with the higher ply sidewalls.

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's hilarious. Your Bronco came with tires to meet EPA standards at the lowest price point. But rock on. As I said before, taste in tires are like taste in women. Use what works for you and drive on.
You are incorrect.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Lucky13!

Lucky13!

Outer Banks
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm really just looking for people's first-hand accounts with E\F rated tires on a Bronco. I get that it's subjective, that's fine.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm really just looking for people's first-hand accounts with E\F rated tires on a Bronco. I get that it's subjective, that's fine.

My E tires ride great, on and off road, but I picked the tire I need for my type of driving and I have them at the correct psi for my vehicle and application. It's all subjective and we all use what we think works best, otherwise why would we use them. I would just avoid definitive statements about what is best for everything and everyone.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife’s came with fuel MT load range F. They ride fine I have not looked at what the actual rating in lbs is for these tires as the bronco can’t tow anything near the max load range even for a C load rated tire. I have stock badlands and seem my Bronco rides a touch harsher than hers but I also have the tow package and she doesn’t. I came from daily driving a F250 so to me these ride fantastic lol

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lower pressure will overcome much of the rough ride of higher load rated tires. The only real downside is the weight at that point.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco came pre-modified from the dealership to the specifications of the original reservation holder when they ordered. It is a 2 door Badlands with Sasquatch, 2.3/auto, lux, and leather. Per the customer request they added a 1” leveling kit, Ford Performance hood scoop and fender flares, and most importantly for this discussion, 35/12.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grappler (load range E) on 20x10 Fuel Blitz wheels. That customer backed out before delivery and I picked up my Bronco from the dealership back in March.

I put 5000 miles on it since I got it. Fuel mileage was good -19.8 lifetime, acceleration and braking were fine, road noise was good, and the whole package made my Bronco unique. The ride however was really stiff, the wheels/tires really heavy (115 pounds per,) and the position of the spare on the gate (pretty far out with the wheel offset) combined with the weight caused me some concern. Despite lowering the pressures down to 32 per tire I still couldn’t take the edge off due to the 10 ply construction and low sidewall. I used extreme caution off road as well as it seemed jarring enough I was concerned for longevity of components.

For these reasons over the weekend I changed wheels and tires from those described above to the 17x9 Fuel Blitz (because I really liked that wheel on the Bronco when I bought it) and a 315/70x17 BFG KO2 (load range C)

I’ve had the KO2 on 3 different Raptors in this size and 2 different Jeeps in a 285 series and they’ve always done extremely well. They’ve worn well, last long (40,000+ on all vehicles,) gotten me through all on/off road situations I’ve encountered, and rode beautifully. Words could not describe the difference they made to the Bronco. The 10/12 ply range E/F on a small, light weight vehicle are overkill in my opinion. But as others have said, go with what’s right for you.

If you decide you want to try the E, let me know. I’ve got a great set for sale now!

09DEADF2-1D18-4C2F-9049-1FB47873CFD3.jpeg

BroncoBarn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If stock, OEM is for you, then rock on. You only have to make you happy.
What is the benefit of a load E tire or F? Y’all are putting 1 ton truck tires on a little SUV (12 ply tires). Why? If you don’t have a good enough reason than put the manufacturer spec tire on it. This horse has been beat to death in the Jeep world for sometime. I just went through this with my old wrangler. There are fewer and fewer load range C tires in 15” for my Jeep. A lot of people have tried load range E and regret it on the Jeeps. I stuck with a C tire and I’m glad I did, rides good and airs down nicely (gives a nice footprint). At some point I might have to switch to a 17” wheel on my Jeep to get enough selection to find a C tire, 15’s are just slowly going away. I’ve read that many E tires won’t even begin to bulge the sidewall until they get down to less than 10 PSI (with a Wrangler sized vehicle). Everyone who is buying F tires isn’t buying them for function but rather for form. You are correct, to each their own. Here is a picture of my tires with 12 PSI, ended up going to 8 later and they were perfect in the dunes. Our Bronco was at 12 PSI with C tires and did fantastic, probably should have went lower with them also. C range is fantastic on and off-road and matched to the weight of our Bronco’s (and Jeeps).
Ford Bronco Lets talk Load Range and comfort... 369E374F-F080-43BA-A622-EF71FA9D39BC
Sponsored