Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It'll be a while before anyone can hit the trails but we can start planning anytime.

This will be my first true off-roader. I've bashed through a lot of fireroads, backroads, abandoned roads, etc but never any real trails and never in a real 4x4. I reserved a Badlands and definitely want to use it appropriately.

What's close to you?

I live in southern Manitoba but travel to Alberta a few times a year and back east to Nova Scotia at least once a year so I cover a lot of ground in this country. I'd like to know some of the must-dos in this country.

Especially interested in Alberta. I've been in the Ghost and ridden my bike trhough Powderface a few times. I usually hang my hat in Edmonton when I'm there so anywhere near or between there and the mountains would be cool.

I'll be looking forward to Nova Scotia too. It's so easy to pop on to the fire/logging roads and just head out. There's a huge network there.
Sponsored

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't get to BC as much but Whipsaw looks like it would be an incredible trip

Would love to do this!

I was just in the Vernon area this past weekend and there looked to be some amazing trail there. Coming from Ontario it just looks unreal!

1lostCDN

Badlands
First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Canadian family trip to MOAB? Crash the Easter Jeep Safari? lol

Sponsored

Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th anniversary rubicon unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ruby falls is a fun one. Prairie creek, lost knife trail. Top of the world. Crows nest pass has a fun trail, that takes u to a plane crash.
all around cold lake is tons of trails.
U can get to Hinton an play around in the sand dunes.
plus lots of these areas are fun, both in the summer and winter.

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The black hills in South Dakota, it’s a pretty close drive and really damn beautiful... so many awesome trails to run, bike, hike and 4 wheel

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The black hills in South Dakota, it’s a pretty close drive and really damn beautiful... so many awesome trails to run, bike, hike and 4 wheel
We just moved to Manitoba almost two years ago so have been exploring the Midwest since we've never been anywhere close. Last summer made it down to OK through ND, SD, IA, and KS. Awesome trip. Was supposed to at least get to the Black Hills this summer but obviously didn't make it.

There are some cool bike races in that area so it's high on my list to get to. Hopefully next summer.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Northern CA/Silicon Valley - which conjures images for most - but it’s almost dead in the middle of Yosemite, Tahoe, the Rubicon, Muir Woods, Napa, the Santa Cruz mountains and Monterrey. So it’s probably headed to Yosemite or Tahoe right away (find out what it can do, then plan upgrades).

Some resources that may be helpful...

https://www.alltrails.com/explore?b_tl_lat=66.72254132270653&b_tl_lng=-136.23046875&b_br_lat=-29.22889003019423&b_br_lng=-11.074218749999998&a[]=off-road-driving

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/?gcli...lRPu5RYfYUTZ1_bBAD1jLq4ffDI08bkRoCMTAQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Canadian family trip to MOAB? Crash the Easter Jeep Safari? lol
I would do this aswell, very curious to see what the options are for rooftents are going to be for a two door...

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ursa Minor is suppose to be making a Shell tent version for the bronco like they have for the jeep. Really nice but a little pricey.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ruby falls is a fun one. Prairie creek, lost knife trail. Top of the world. Crows nest pass has a fun trail, that takes u to a plane crash.
all around cold lake is tons of trails.
U can get to Hinton an play around in the sand dunes.
plus lots of these areas are fun, both in the summer and winter.
Some great trails in Nordegg area too, but it has become very busy during Covid, especially around Abraham Lake.

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some great trails in Nordegg area too, but it has become very busy during Covid, especially around Abraham Lake.
Abraham Lake used to be my not-so-secret secret camp place 10-15 years or so ago. Last time I went out there it was redneck chaos. Ha. I don't know if I'd camp out there again on a weekend but I'd probably bash through the woods a bit on my way to the mountains.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Abraham Lake used to be my not-so-secret secret camp place 10-15 years or so ago. Last time I went out there it was redneck chaos. Ha. I don't know if I'd camp out there again on a weekend but I'd probably bash through the woods a bit on my way to the mountains.
Yeah I have been camping at Crescent Falls since 2015 and exploring the area. Crescent Falls is still pretty calm as a campsite and i use one of the 3 walk-in sites near the river that feeds the falls. But yeah, Abraham can be overun with toy haulers and idiots.
Sponsored