James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a sports car guy, who loves the mud, too. Having a somewhat tighter fender/wheel gap (what happens when people put bigger tires on without lifting) looks really good. So, for those who want to have a fast on-road truck (with factory off-road chops); this is what I propose:

Get 1" shorter rear springs that are stiffer than factory; so that the net lowering will be about 3/4". As a bonus, you'll have more rear roll stiffness - less understeer.

Less understeer means a more playful rig both on-road and off-road. Doughnuts, anyone?

NET RESULT
1) Nice level look
2) Less overall fender gap
3) Maybe a smidge better gas mileage - (lower frontal area)
4) More playful handling balance

Who's in?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not just slam it and throw on some 20s with rubberband tires? /s

Look, the Bronco is one of 3 4door convertibles on the market so I get not every buyer is in it for its trucky looks, but lowing a bronco is like lifting a corvette. You may like it... but don't expect many others to.

OP
OP
SupremoSombrero

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why not just slam it and throw on some 20s with rubberband tires? /s

Look, the Bronco is one of 3 4door convertibles on the market so I get not every buyer is in it for its trucky looks, but lowing a bronco is like lifting a corvette. You may like it... but don't expect many others to.
I'm feeling the shame....haha. I'm only lowering the REAR - to make it level to the front. I'm laughing though.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dude says drop the rear 3/4" and y'all act like chip Foose just walked in. Sounds like a decent plan to me but will it look like a squatting dog when loaded down?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Leveling by lowering the rear by 3/4" instead of raising the front game-of-thrones-shame

WCampbellAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've seen this question asked here before, and have yet to see any real answers or solutions. I am also curious if there's a solution coming from anywhere to level it out by bringing the rear down instead of the front up.

We aren't all here for some bro-dozer mud crawler, but I'm also not trying to slam it and put it on 22's. Just want it to look clean and level.

OP
OP
SupremoSombrero

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen this question asked here before, and have yet to see any real answers or solutions. I am also curious if there's a solution coming from anywhere to level it out by bringing the rear down instead of the front up.

We aren't all here for some bro-dozer mud crawler, but I'm also not trying to slam it and put it on 22's. Just want it to look clean and level.
Cool! The 1" shorter, but significantly stiffer rear spring will work easy...but not sure if it will be something that is a 'kit'. It will be just ordering a spring from Eibach. When (if) I get that done, I'l let you know the part number that worked for me.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool! The 1" shorter, but significantly stiffer rear spring will work easy...but not sure if it will be something that is a 'kit'. It will be just ordering a spring from Eibach. When (if) I get that done, I'l let you know the part number that worked for me.
Sounds good. Please do post the part you use and your experience when you do it. I agree on removing gap that is only there for towing when I’m not doing any towing.

Sponsored

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or you could simply leave it the way it is. That way you have 3/4” as a buffer in case you want to tow a trailer or carry something heavy in the back.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a sports car guy, who loves the mud, too. Having a somewhat tighter fender/wheel gap (what happens when people put bigger tires on without lifting) looks really good. So, for those who want to have a fast on-road truck (with factory off-road chops); this is what I propose:

Get 1" shorter rear springs that are stiffer than factory; so that the net lowering will be about 3/4". As a bonus, you'll have more rear roll stiffness - less understeer.

Less understeer means a more playful rig both on-road and off-road. Doughnuts, anyone?

NET RESULT
1) Nice level look
2) Less overall fender gap
3) Maybe a smidge better gas mileage - (lower frontal area)
4) More playful handling balance

Who's in?
That's a hard no, bubba.

You only go up. Never down.

Remember this day.

Etienne

Badlands
First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75/'89 Chevy K5 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting our rigs level is the mission for sure. Up in the front or down in the back... WIth the Sasquach adding 4/10 of an inch lift plus the 35" tire elevation, loosing an inch" for a clean look in the rear sounds like a good 2nd option.

Better yet having an adjustable rear suspension would be a great option for those that want to tow on occasion.
Sponsored