First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, maybe I’m missing something in all this, but from what I’m pulling from this info is something very different than all you folks. Let me break what I am assuming through the info Ford has provided.

1. Reservation after Sept 18th? Your 2 or 4 door Bronco will be ordered and delivered in the MY22.

2. Reservation before Sept 18th? Your 2 or 4 door Bronco will be ordered and delivered in the MY21.

3. Folks who have reservations before Sept 18th will be notified by there chosen dealer to place their order in Dec 2020 -Jan 2021. Folks that have the reservations that fall after Sept 18th will wait until MY22.

4. Allocation is based off many standard ideas surrounding the manufacturing, shipment, and delivery of as many vehicles at a time to particular regions.

I may be missing something, but this all seems remarkably simple to me?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, maybe I’m missing something in all this, but from what I’m pulling from this info is something very different than all you folks. Let me break what I am assuming through the info Ford has provided.

1. Reservation after Sept 18th? Your 2 or 4 door Bronco will be ordered and delivered in the MY22.

2. Reservation before Sept 18th? Your 2 or 4 door Bronco will be ordered and delivered in the MY21.

3. Folks who have reservations before Sept 18th will be notified by there chosen dealer to place their order in Dec 2020 -Jan 2021. Folks that have the reservations that fall after Sept 18th will wait until MY22.

4. Allocation is based off many standard ideas surrounding the manufacturing, shipment, and delivery of as many vehicles at a time to particular regions.

The sept 18 date was only in reference to the allocation formula.

While one could infer this is probably a rough MY change date for actual production, based on Ford’s estimations, it’s really just a line in the sand so Ford and the Dealers know exactly what numbers are going to be used for the allocation formula.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You assume everyone finances their vehicles? A cash buyer can get the car with Certificate of Origin and pay tax when registered.
Well the data indicates that 85% of new vehicle purchases are financed, so I suppose I am assuming for my statement. Especially if you can get a 0% deal that was floating around a lot this year.

But sure, I'll acknowledge someone could pay $50K cash for a bronco

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well the data indicates that 85% of new vehicle purchases are financed, so I suppose I am assuming for my statement. Especially if you can get a 0% deal that was floating around a lot this year.

But sure, I'll acknowledge someone could pay $50K cash for a bronco
No chance in hell there will be 0% financing on new Broncos.

bmattison

Black Diamond
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester, 2020 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Talked to my dealer yesterday. I went up there to test drive a 2.3 and 2.7 and my wife bought a new mustang. They said what they are hearing is they won’t have dealer stock until 2023. They are a small market dealer but still.

Sponsored

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And don't forget the Kansas City plant builds the F-150 that's included in that number. So you have 2 plants that have a 3 crew rotation building 7 days a week. MAP has 1 crew (currently).
Add in Kentucky plant too. When Ford says "F-Series" they are talking about all pickups, including F-250,350, and 450 pickups, chassis trucks are still excluded.

It takes three plants worth of production to add up to that number.

Co_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in NOCO and will be receiving a 2021 so if anyone would like to meet up and check it out if they’re a MY22, we can arrange something so you can see it in person. Just trying to help out some people to get some more Bronco’s on the road!

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

no one is going to get a MY21 car delivered in 2022. It does't work like that. By october all vehicles are the next year model.
That’s not me or this forum saying that. It’s Ford saying that. They’ve had it in their official literature for several weeks now.
Has something changed that they haven’t announced yet?

Last edited:

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see several really good questions that most others are wandering too. Ford hasn’t put out any specific info about it. That’s why so many are speculating and guessing what they think is going to happen.
I'm going to say with the whats going on in the world with this mess, FORD is hesitant to give out any certain dates or info. Seems like it bites them in the rear, every time there is a delay or change order... and I'm talking about US!! All the Bronco reservation holders. Its like we haven't had things that has changed things for us. We need to be a little more understanding. After all they cant keep things under wraps forever, too many spies, and insiders leaking info. Or else they would have had it ready to roll within a few months of reveal. But that had to reveal, before it was mainstream info, then covid hit, setting everybody from the wire manufacturers, or mud flap people to the solenoid builders,etc.... back due to being closed for 1 -4 months.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just being the devil’s advocate here, but model year 21 doesn’t mean it’s going to be delivered in the year 2021.
Uncle Mike seems to always be speaking in riddles. I think it might just be his sense of humor? I don’t get it.

I wish Ford would put out some sort of statement saying that “all reservations prior to Sep 18th are planned to be built and delivered prior to October of 2021”. Something like that anyways.......

6FCE35B9-4856-46F1-B7E5-47F50B5BD8FA.gif
That would be ideal, but considering they were two months behind in the build and price I am sure he doesn’t want to commit.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sounds about right to me, people go bat-shit-crazy over the littlest stuff.

As I've stated multiple times on this forum it would be extremely bad business practice to make stock units instead of sold units. If a dealer has enough juice MAYBE they will get one that is part of a batch production but the vast majority will be build per the sold orders. Ford wants to put money on their books as soon as possible with sold orders, they do not care if a dealer can make more money from a sale or not.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They said what they are hearing is they won’t have dealer stock until 2023.
But that doesn't matter for anyone with a reservation. Reservations do not require allocation.

bmattison

Black Diamond
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester, 2020 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But that doesn't matter for anyone with a reservation. Reservations do not require allocation.
I know that I was just saying my dealer pretty much confirmed what the tread is about. Dealers won’t have stock until 2023 because of reservations.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's wildly incorrect. I'm not sure you actually understand how the system works. People will be converting their reservations in December into an order. However, most dealers aren't requiring a large deposit and you don't pay for the vehicle until it arrives. So you'll have a lot of $50K+ vehicles arriving 4-12 months after they were ordered. Lots of things can happen. People can get sick, lose their jobs, not be able to get financing, etc. There will be plenty of orders that are delivered to the dealerships but never paid for and picked up, so that will be dealer inventory and I guarantee they'll have large dealer markups for the next two years.
...Maybe the part about getting sick...or losing a job...is unforeseen...but you can bet your last dollar,that the vehicles will have to be financed before the order goes through...
Sponsored