First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd assume if someone can't pay $600 a month then they probably didn't have a decent down payment either , so I'm more interested in this 60k Bronco that only cost $600 per month !
Making a deal on a BL 4 dr..55k...,mid pack....high pack..20k down 5%..comes in about 625 a month...which is just a sample...my Bronco is a no frills..base 2 dr AMB auto,with an A/Z plan...
Sponsored

Nick B

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure there will be plenty of 2021 broncos on dealer lots from them having family or friends place a reservation and then back out when it's delivered .
With the dealer penalties in place to prevent this, NO. There will be a few that the customer can't get financed on or cannot purchase because they owe to much on their trade or family circumstances have changed, these units Dealers will get as stock but these should be the exception not the rule.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the dealer penalties in place to prevent this, NO. There will be a few that the customer can't get financed on or cannot purchase because they owe to much on their trade or family circumstances have changed, these units Dealers will get as stock but these should be the exception not the rule.
So how exactly does Ford know if my family circumstances have changed or that I just don't like the interior when it comes in from those that are friends of the dealer and canceling their orders ?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Making a deal on a BL 4 dr..55k...,mid pack....high pack..20k down 5%..comes in about 625 a month...which is just a sample...my Bronco is a no frills..base 2 dr AMB auto,with an A/Z plan...
Well like I suggested , if you can afford a 20k down payment then $600 a month on a 60k vehicle probably isn't going to be a problem . I just thought it was funny you suggested someone would be surprised their payment would be in that range for a 60k Bronco ,lol .

Nick B

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So how exactly does Ford know if my family circumstances have changed or that I just don't like the interior when it comes in from those that are friends of the dealer and canceling their orders ?
Volume of vehicles unsold. Ford will be tracking unsold Broncos and/or Bronco's sold to someone other than the original reservee. If a dealers percentage starts climbing there will be checks made by Ford. You may not be aware but Dealers are subject to Factory Audit with little or no notice and the penalties can run into 100's of Thousands of dollars if/when discrepancies are found.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This. I've order numerous custom order cars that took months to get and never had a credit check or theoretical loan "run." Simple deposit at time of order with a pre-negotiated price of the car and then settle up when vehicle comes in however I wanted to finance/pay. Deposits have ranged from $0(they know they could sell it easily) to $1000.
I've ordered several vehicles and was never asked for a deposit or did they want to run a credit check. You shouldn't allow anyone to run your credit until it's time to buy. That puts a hard inquiry on your credit file that temporarily lowers the credit score and it shows up for 2 years from the date it was placed. If you decide to finance elsewhere later, you will get another hit. Too many in a short time could make you unqualified.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
im more so worried about my trade value. I'd of course love to negotiate and have my trade value in writing when i plan to order in december, but i doubt they would do that since it'd most likely be a year or more that id actually take delivery and hand over the keys of my current truck to them. does anyone have experience with a situation like this? do you trade in your vehicle at time of order and do they give you a loaner car? my one co worker was offered a loaner from a chevy dealer when he ordered a trail boss while he waited.
i have a gut feeling that im going to go pick up my bronco when it arrives and theyre gunna hose me on my trade (if thats the appropriate time to negotiate trade value) and im gunna end up walking away. they would love that so they could mark up the bronco i ordered and put it on their lot as well

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im more so worried about my trade value. I'd of course love to negotiate and have my trade value in writing when i plan to order in december, but i doubt they would do that since it'd most likely be a year or more that id actually take delivery and hand over the keys of my current truck to them. does anyone have experience with a situation like this? do you trade in your vehicle at time of order and do they give you a loaner car? my one co worker was offered a loaner from a chevy dealer when he ordered a trail boss while he waited.
i have a gut feeling that im going to go pick up my bronco when it arrives and theyre gunna hose me on my trade (if thats the appropriate time to negotiate trade value) and im gunna end up walking away. they would love that so they could mark up the bronco i ordered and put it on their lot as well
Yeah. It's going to be at the time of the actual deal. You don't actually buy the new car until you can drive it off the lot, they don't actually buy your trade-in until they can drive it onto the lot.

I'm looking at either:

1. Taking the extended time between order and delivery to sell my car privately (for more money, and with less depreciation) and then figure out what I'm going to do to get around in the mean time, or...

2. Just do everything I can to save up money for a larger down payment to offset whatever depreciation will occur between order and delivery.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah. It's going to be at the time of the actual deal. You don't actually buy the new car until you can drive it off the lot, they don't actually buy your trade-in until they can drive it onto the lot.

I'm looking at either:

1. Taking the extended time between order and delivery to sell my car privately (for more money, and with less depreciation) and then figure out what I'm going to do to get around in the mean time, or...

2. Just do everything I can to save up money for a larger down payment to offset whatever depreciation will occur between order and delivery.
thanks for confirming. i agree that having a lot of time until delivery will allow us to save up a bit more to offset additional depreciation to keep everything on track. lets hope we dont get low balled on the trade as a tactic to drive us away, or as a way for them to move their ADM to the "other side" of the deal. Their tricks won't fool us!

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trade in is a known loss of value ... do a private sale ... why worry so much

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered several vehicles and was never asked for a deposit or did they want to run a credit check. You shouldn't allow anyone to run your credit until it's time to buy. That puts a hard inquiry on your credit file that temporarily lowers the credit score and it shows up for 2 years from the date it was placed. If you decide to finance elsewhere later, you will get another hit. Too many in a short time could make you unqualified.
That's what I said, I've never had a credit check for any reason upon ordering a car.

Erasmus

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious about how they'll differentiate model years. When does the line change over? I can't say I know of any model years that were built in the following year that were the previous MY. When I bought my 2007 Chevy Malibu it was built and delivered in June of 2006. Are we under the assumption they'll all be producing MY '21 broncos into the 2022 calendar year? Sounds strange, but possible I suppose.

I understand they're now a couple months behind schedule but I'm curious to see how this all shake out. I can't imagine them indefinitely making MY'21 Broncos for very long.
Jan 1st is the cut off, they cannot make any MY21s past Jan 1 2022. They will be MY 22 then. So MY 21 is possible from Jan 2 2020 - Dec 31 2021 you can only have one Jan 1 in every model year