Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be willing to let any fellow Bronco6G member still waiting on their delivery to take my Bronco for a spin after I get it
Pretty cool. Ya know, I might do the same for some local NC guys who may not have theirs or may not have solidified an order yet. Pretty cool idea, even if it is a bit scary this day and time to allow total internet strangers to ride off in your new ride you waited a year or more to get...That's the only thing that scares me.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trade in is a known loss of value ... do a private sale ... why worry so much
yeah thanks i realize trade in is generally less than private sale. just asking how it would work in this situation.

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So after ordering a Wildtrak, holding my leased 2018 F150 for ransom won’t work then? Dammit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The truth is in the details

Thread title says 2021 so that was true

For 2022, Ford is back to guzzling dealer cum
That made me 😂 laugh

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sadly i see dealer stock starting to climb at my local Ford before all reservations have been met. Not much has changed in the form of BS since Oct 31

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford's going to try to head this problem off at the pass by not allowing dealers to order the trims and parts that are in shortage for dealer stock.

That way, if there's a parts crunch and MAP can only pump out softy Big Bends, there's a market into which to sell these vehicles, without really "bumping" anyone waiting for a pimped Badlands.

And if and when the parts start flowing, then they can start cranking out reservations and clear out the backlog.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you look at Corporate speech or text patterns, they speak legal-ese and they ALWAYS leave themselves an "out".

Levines qoute, the key words are ... "for 2021 model year ...."

That MY is done .... it's going to be a free for all now. They had their out. They just needed to get through the 2021 first.
They will consider your reservation as a guaranteed sale ... you'll wait for it, you showed a strong interest in it just by making the RES, they know they have you by the balls. Nobody else is making Broncos.

You will wait. Ford knows it.

The person walking in off the street though, they'll go get a Jeep if they can't have it NOW.
So, dealer stock will win, reservations will lose out.

Ford Bronco Levine confirms 2021 Model Year reservations will be built BEFORE dealer stock 1604511733280
The question doesn't specify the model year.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Face value. You simply can't take things that way.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Ford's going to try to head this problem off at the pass by not allowing dealers to order the trims and parts that are in shortage for dealer stock.

That way, if there's a parts crunch and MAP can only pump out softy Big Bends, there's a market into which to sell these vehicles, without really "bumping" anyone waiting for a pimped Badlands.

And if and when the parts start flowing, then they can start cranking out reservations and clear out the backlog.
Not trying to be facetious here; Where did you get the idea that Ford sees building fancy stock or recent walk-in orders for their favored dealers over reservation holders as a problem?

Ford added the allocation system after the bulk of the reservations were taken. Ford chose to make the current (2022) allocation system formula take exactly zero weight from where the reservations are sitting when deciding where to send Broncos. Read that again... Ford doesn't care if a dealer has 0 or 1000 reservation orders, they don't use that info at all in deciding where to send Broncos. If your dealer has 200 combos that Ford can easily build, but only gets 50 allocations, then the other 150 wait. If another dealer has 10 combos that can be easily built and gets the same 50 allocations, they don't move those extra allocations to the folks waiting at the first dealer, they build 40 dealer stock or walk-in orders at the second dealer.

It would be great if they did what you believe they will do. It would, in fact, be fulfilling the promise of building reservations before dealer stock (aside from logistical/commodity constraints, reservation holders would be ecstatic, big dealers, not so much). Past (and current) performance from Ford says differently though.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs