Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was sold on this color until I seen it in person on the ranger. Just looked really blah and washed out, like it was trying to be a color but didn’t make it. I think it would’ve looked better with a blacked out package though. It needs some dark contrasting colors against it. Def stay away from the greys with cactus in my opinion.

5A426299-8369-4B91-AA25-B783287C3765.jpeg
"like it was trying to be a color but didn’t make it" hahaha thanks for that! I guess I'm just odd, because I still like the color...
Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At first I was sure that CG had changed in the pre-production vehicles from this pre-pre-production. After seeing it on a production Sport I'm not as convinced. What I saw was quite green. In certain light conditions I could see it looking like that first photo of CG. But.....it's more likely to not look like that in most conditions. I think it was just photographed in conditions that really brought out the green.

I wish we could see this white and CG Bronco next to a current Bronco with CG. I'm curious if it is actually the same or not.
Why didn't they just add more green or blue to the actual paint and call it a day? Why all of this bait and switch? smh

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why didn't they just add more green or blue to the actual paint and call it a day? Why all of this bait and switch? smh
I'm saying I don't think there was a "bait and switch" in the actual vehicles.

The B&P has always been wrong and, I think, still is.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question for the people that see green when they saw cactus grey in person...were you wearing glasses or sunglasses? When I saw it thru my window I saw green but to the naked eye it was grey. It would be interesting if glasses make it green, and people who don’t wear glasses see grey

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not nearly enough.

Sponsored

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly why I changed my mind on it. Color looked so good on B&P. Not so hot in IRL.. Thank God for you Bronco6g.com. It's all because of you I am confident in my color choice.

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw two Bronco Sports side by side at the dealership today. Area 51 and Cactus Gray. The A51 was more blue than it was gray to my eye and the Cactus Gray was more gray than I thought it would be. I think the CG will change tone depending on lighting/time of day. It was pretty flat light (gray skies, fairly cloudy day). I detected a very slight amount of both blue and green; I think the surrounding will influence how this color reads. If you are camping in a pine forest you may see the green, in the Anza Borrego Desert it’ll read gray, I suspect a sunny day at the lake and it may hint at blue. I’ve changed my mind from Carbonized Gray which is great, but very common, to Cactus Gray.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly why I changed my mind on it. Color looked so good on B&P. Not so hot in IRL.. Thank God for you Bronco6g.com. It's all because of you I am confident in my color choice.
That makes one of us. Glad I could help, but I am as lost as The Weeknd in that lot up maze thing in the Superbowl when it comes to color.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for the people that see green when they saw cactus grey in person...were you wearing glasses or sunglasses? When I saw it thru my window I saw green but to the naked eye it was grey. It would be interesting if glasses make it green, and people who don’t wear glasses see grey
Took my sunglasses off and walked straight up to it. Green all day.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi all....brand new to the forums, and this is my very first post. Just got back from the Ford Dealership in Charlotte where I gave them my $500 and put my order in on Black Diamond 4-door (MIC top)....I'm posting here on this thread because, boy, now I'm confused now on color...

So, going by the online photos I saw (prob that famous desert photo of CG with a white top, which to me has a strong tint of blue) and the online build, that's the color I really wanted.

So, I get to the dealership this morning, and they have a Bronco Sport in Area 51 and one in CG....both don't look exactly "right" to me, A51 too dark, CG too "grey".....so, on my order, I submit A51......then I walk out and take another look at both, and before I'm 1/4 mile away I call them to change it to CG because I decided the A51 couldn't have been right because it seemed too dark.

Came home and googled and found this forum and thread.

To me, what I saw at the dealership was a mix of the original CG rendering and the new rendering......

Now I don't know what I want, (I'm taking a hard look at that darkest blue, the antimatter) and hope it's not a problem to change the color a second time with Ford (and how long I'd have to do that.)

(Off-topic Question, how do you think the MIC top would handle a custom white-paint job?)

Sponsored

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"like it was trying to be a color but didn’t make it" hahaha thanks for that! I guess I'm just odd, because I still like the color...
Already ordered mine.
Funny, because I went the exact opposite - I thought it was too green on B&P, and ordered it anyway based on the photos out there (even thought they all look different).

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all....brand new to the forums, and this is my very first post. Just got back from the Ford Dealership in Charlotte where I gave them my $500 and put my order in on Black Diamond 4-door (MIC top)....I'm posting here on this thread because, boy, now I'm confused now on color...

So, going by the online photos I saw (prob that famous desert photo of CG with a white top, which to me has a strong tint of blue) and the online build, that's the color I really wanted.

So, I get to the dealership this morning, and they have a Bronco Sport in Area 51 and one in CG....both don't look exactly "right" to me, A51 too dark, CG too "grey".....so, on my order, I submit A51......then I walk out and take another look at both, and before I'm 1/4 mile away I call them to change it to CG because I decided the A51 couldn't have been right because it seemed too dark.

Came home and googled and found this forum and thread.

To me, what I saw at the dealership was a mix of the original CG rendering and the new rendering......

Now I don't know what I want, (I'm taking a hard look at that darkest blue, the antimatter) and hope it's not a problem to change the color a second time with Ford (and how long I'd have to do that.)

(Off-topic Question, how do you think the MIC top would handle a custom white-paint job?)
AMB is the color I am getting. The CGI there also may be off. It is a very dark blue, almost black, with a hint of purple in most lighting.

I am not sure about the MIC paint, but also consider a wrap or maybe buying aftermarket later (though the shipping costs may be high).

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Levine Confirms Cactus Gray Color Change on Build and Price Search function
Here’s a sport I drove by at my local dealership last Saturday in full sun. It looked different in the evening. I liked it, but I’d recommend seeing it in person before ordering.
It looks great. I dig the flat look. I always liked the concrete gray option on Toyota TRD Tacomas and formerly 4runners.
Sponsored