Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks great. I dig the flat look. I always liked the concrete gray option on Toyota TRD Tacomas and formerly 4runners.
Yep, this CG does look good in the sun. This morning it was kinda cloudy. I did like the way CG looked better than A51, so just based on those two together, I'm glad I switched to CG.
Sponsored

Jmvs11

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had the chance to see the cactus grey in person on a Bronco sport and it's very different to both the old and new build and price images. I would say it's an off white with a touch of Grey and green.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please see Mike Levine's Twitter Post.

So it is not actually that Green, but is more Gray. Pretty big difference there!
Real life photos confirm this, but I wonder how many people have ordered the color thinking it is a shade of Green?

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.42.31 AM.jpg
It isn't quite fixed:

Ford Bronco Levine Confirms Cactus Gray Color Change on Build and Price Screenshot_20210210-174356_Chrome

Screenshot_20210210-174356_Chrome.jpg

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't a clue why as to why the B&P has been allowed to be so terrible. It seems to me that the "Rockstars" and the group leadership have taken the "Done is better than perfect" mantra to the nth degree. I'd be so pissed if that group fell under my umbrella.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for the people that see green when they saw cactus grey in person...were you wearing glasses or sunglasses? When I saw it thru my window I saw green but to the naked eye it was grey. It would be interesting if glasses make it green, and people who don’t wear glasses see grey
That's what I was thinking as well. My glasses are polarized, and add a slight color shift to things. When I take them off and hold them against Cactus grey, the part i can see through my lenses looks more green than to my naked eye. The dealer I ordered from also said it has a pearl coating[Jet Fighter Grey does, which is the same color code], and by nature will color shift depending on angle of the viewer/camera.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its got something going on...you can see in person on the Sport, the color shifts as you walk by it or move your head at different angle...what is it if not a pearl coating, genuine question?

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw it in person as well outside without a cloud in the sky. Im telling you what I saw, Im not trying to change your mind. Chill out, man

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already said i wear glasses, my eyes are horrible, dude. I wasn't throwing around bad info, i repeated what I was told, stated what i saw, then nicely asked you a question. No need to be a dick about it. This is page 14 of a thread about a Bronco color, where the fuck else am I supposed to ask? So I digress, what is up with the color, if people see it so differently there must be something going on? I don't see pearl exactly, but there is a drastic color shift between direct light and indirect light. I don't know terms, but something is up.

LadyLiz

Big Bend
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw it on the lot, on a Sport. It’s actually lighter than the left (more accurate photo). It’s a grayish white.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got the chance to view cactus on the ranger
I love it... I finally- finally picked a damn color.
Don’t care that it seems flat or mint or blue or primer. If you like it chose it, if not pick something else. But I for one believe cactus grey needs to be seen in person before passing final judgment...

good luck!

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I switched from Carbonized Gray to Cactus Gray based on the new representation on B&P. My dealer called me (and I don’t agree with the harsh characterization that they are “all f....ing idiots”) who let me know that they had an A51 and CG Sport on the lot so I could see them and decide what the colors looked like. Since then I’ve been by 3 times so I could see CG at different times and in different light. I always see some amount of green in the paint. In some light I love it, sometimes it looks too minty green for my taste. And I looked close, there is no metallic in the paint. I really wish they offered a Cement Gray like Toyota, I’d be all over that. I’m back to Carbonized Gray.
Sponsored