First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, so all those nice models just sitting together for a nice “leaked” photo and the white top is not an option.

This is all part of Ford’s marketing plan for this vehicle, the many too good to be true leaked photos and twitter interactions. Don’t panic just enjoy the ride, there will be other surprises, gotta keep energy up until delivery next summer and beyond.
Sponsored

FTFRS

I don't have twitter but I would also like to see an extension to change dealerships beyond October 31 since Ford is late with the B & P as promised. Can I get some more traction on this from the others who have not heard a single word from the dealership your reservation is through, even after emailing them specifically?
Call them or stop by them and talk in person, don't wait for them to contact you. Nothing about B&P has any correlation to the deal your dealership can give you. Plenty of examples on here about dealers offering X-plan, MSRP-$2000, or Invoice-$1000 already, with plenty more just offering MSRP which may be a good deal based on location. Your dealer will be able to tell you their plans for pricing now without B&P.

My guess, because I was in a similar spot, is that your dealer is not reaching out to you because they aren't planning on having good pricing. I reached out to my dealer after 3.5 weeks of radio silence, and they informed me that they won't honor X-plan, and they'll be "pricing Broncos based on the market upon delivery," i.e. they're going to try for a surprise ADM if they can. After that disappointment, I sent out like 10 emails to every dealer within 2 hours driving of me, and within 15 minutes I had a dealer that says they'll only charge MSRP, don't tack on stupid extra overpriced dealer options (VIN etching, undercoating, etc.), and will honor X-plan if you have it. Since then, I've had 3 more respond back with similar info.

There's still plenty of time to contact every dealer within reasonable range of you in order to find a reasonable deal, and therefore switch your dealer.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have twitter but I would also like to see an extension to change dealerships beyond October 31 since Ford is late with the B & P as promised. Can I get some more traction on this from the others who have not heard a single word from the dealership your reservation is through, even after emailing them specifically?
What does B&P and switching dealers have to do with each other?

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This please. Mike is a good guy, and luckily he even clarifies stuff like this. We may have never gotten mansquatch without him, he obviously enjoys interacting with us and does take us seriously. He’s an asset to the community and the last thing we want to do is beat him down with thousands of annoying/attacking messages. He is a product communications manager not the probably dozen or so people in charge of these decisions, so definitely feel free to reach out in the replies but do so in a courteous and respectful way.
Ford Bronco Levine: White top not an option. We are listening  (UPDATE) 3o6Mb3DQ6FkInwx5EA

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will wait for the Build and Price but at this point i feel like this:

No white top/grille option on the build and price = wait until 2022 or *Gasp* Buy a TRDPro Tacoma and save 5-10K.

no single big problem, just a plethora of small little mistakes. The colors are lackluster. I hate no enamel badging, (stickers on a 50K vehicle? FFS) hate that the rear seats don't fold flat, dislike the color of the MIC top, interior colors to this point have been suboptimal.

This is the icing on the cake. I was looking forward to getting a white top/velocity blue option.

I am not a mechanic, I don't want to make a ton of mods to my vehicle. While the bronco has everything that an off road junkie needs, I am just looking to take it camping and carrying around my mountain bike - so all the techinical stuff is overkill for me. I just want a cool off road vehicle for a daily driver and occasional off road work.

I hope they can get their shit together in time for the Build and Price tool. I, like many of you have been waiting for YEARS for this thing.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

okay

so why is it not an option when one of the most liked broncos revealed at launch was a cactus grey with a white top

Break it down for me. Break down fords thought process of revealing a white top bronco that doesnt exist. Go ahead please i want to see your reasoning.

Anybody who can visit a bronco forum for the past few months has been talking about how they want the white top.

This is incompetence. Nothing more to say. nobody wanted a gray top but its what we are getting
The reasoning was explained in my post. Changes like this take time to process, so this is Ford’s way of saying “we’re working on it” while not being locked into offering a white top in case things go sideways with developing it.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This please. Mike is a good guy, and luckily he even clarifies stuff like this. We may have never gotten mansquatch without him, he obviously enjoys interacting with us and does take us seriously. He’s an asset to the community and the last thing we want to do is beat him down with thousands of annoying/attacking messages. He is a product communications manager not the probably dozen or so people in charge of these decisions, so definitely feel free to reach out in the replies but do so in a courteous and respectful way.
Im not mad at mike he is just a social media dude he has no control over this stuff other than passing messages

this hate is just directed at ford.

It would be one thing if they never showed a white top. If they never showed white interior. If they never showed saddle leather

but they did. And people put 100 dollars down on products like that.

Its pure corporate incompetence to allow those models to be shown if they are unobtainium

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reasoning was explained in my post. Changes like this take time to process, so this is Ford’s way of saying “we’re working on it” while not being locked into offering a white top in case things go sideways with developing it.
no it doesnt. Its a painted white top

If it was a molded top in a white plastic you would have a point. But thats not what we are talking about. We are talking about the top going to the paint booth at the factory. And instead of getting a black coat of paint. It gets a white coat of paint.

its possibly the least complicated production change that can exist in a factory

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Watch....Ford will offer a white top for an up charge then there will be complaints about that too.
Fuck sakes, get the motherfucker painted it if means that much to you. It's a very easy thing to overcome.

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When did Ford announce they wouldn't offer a white top? Never.
okay

so why is it not an option when one of the most liked broncos revealed at launch was a cactus grey with a white top

Break it down for me. Break down fords thought process of revealing a white top bronco that doesnt exist. Go ahead please i want to see your reasoning.

Anybody who can visit a bronco forum for the past few months has been talking about how they want the white top.

This is incompetence. Nothing more to say. nobody wanted a gray top but its what we are getting
It's not a finalized option today for Beachman101 to see. That's all. Ford doesn't have to reveal everything to you when you want it revealed to you. Have you seen the B&P? Nah, you haven't. And, to be honest, hasn't Ford already revealed the white top...on launch day, on the CG model? How many times do they need to reveal it to you?

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is the practical aspect of it too. HEAT

I live in Central CA. We get 30-40 or so days a year of >100F temps.

I pity the folks that live in Bullhead City

Gotta love this too....

Ford Bronco Levine: White top not an option. We are listening  (UPDATE) 2020-10-06_10-07-43

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude. Take a chill pill.

Everyone else, you take chill pills too.

1. Photo shows what looks to be a white top.
2. Someone asks Mike on Twitter if that’s going to be an option.
3. Mike says it’s a pre-production test, and what you see in the picture is not a finalized option.
4. EVERYONE ON B6G FREAK-A-ZOID BONKERS

I agree that Mike’s communication could be better, but reading between the lines it actually sounds to me like they are planning on offering the white top, they’re just still working out the kinks, and he doesn’t want people to assume this is exactly what it will be.
Mike: not an option.
This guy: sounds to me like they’re planning on offering a white top.
Sponsored