2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who's buying an Oxford White 4dr Bronco and wants a shadow black modular top or gray MIC top instead? I'll pay the difference (between the body colored hard top for your white bronco and the MIC top - if that was your original plan) and I'll pick it up and bring your replacement top. I don't care if I have to drive to Maine from Colorado, that's what I'll do. I'll even let you keep the soft top that you would have had to order to get the white painted hardtop.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch....Ford will offer a white top for an up charge then there will be complaints about that too.
Fuck sakes, get the motherfucker painted it if means that much to you. It's a very easy thing to overcome.
i have no issue paying a premium for it

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine will have a white top whether Ford offers them as an option or not. And it will be a shade of orange that won't be mistaken for school bus yellow too.

Some day it might also have solid axles too.

Would have been nice if Ford had offered them, but if they don't it will just make mine that much more personal.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch....Ford will offer a white top for an up charge then there will be complaints about that too.
Fuck sakes, get the motherfucker painted it if means that much to you. It's a very easy thing to overcome.
Painted, wrapped. Whatevs. I've got a couple of options in mind if they don't do the color matched top I want and I have to go with the black modular. I'll either have it painted to match or have the windshield frame shot in Shadow Black. I don't particularly care for the A-pillar to be a different color than the top. I don't like how it breaks up visually so I'll fix it one way or the other.

Sponsored

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, at least they are consistent in parading things we cannot have.

2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117822956_384929092492269_5933382632128922929_n.jpg
It's strange that they put out these vehicles in commercials. We can't get the white top, the red trim details, or any of the interiors shown. It's still a cool vehicle but those recent pre-production vehicles don't have the refinement or detail that the demos do. Slightly disappointed. Probably not make or break but seems a bit like a bait and switch.

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who's buying an Oxford White 4dr Bronco and wants a shadow black modular top or gray MIC top instead? I'll pay the difference (between the body colored hard top for your white bronco and the MIC top - if that was your original plan) and I'll pick it up and bring your replacement top. I don't care if I have to drive to Maine from Colorado, that's what I'll do. I'll even let you keep the soft top that you would have had to order to get the white painted hardtop.
Yeah, I think we'll see more of this going forward. This forum is full of enthusiasts and everyone has different tastes so 'bartering/trading' is the way to go. As long as you can trust the other person to follow through that is.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like the same game plan as Mansquatch. "We are listening". Basically you will be able to get a white top for a '22 model year. Gotta keep moving the cheese to keep the demand coming.
I'll wait.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much louder do the white top supporters have to be??:confused:
I gotta agree. If Ford has been monitoring this forum they would have heard it loud, and clear.

I did want a white top until the wife commented (told me :) ) that a race red Bronco was what she wanted. So, as of now I don't have a dog in this fight. Now as it stands I would much rather have a black top than light grey one. Oh, and in before the flames, I don't have any problems with a race red Bronco.

Last edited:

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Call them or stop by them and talk in person, don't wait for them to contact you. Nothing about B&P has any correlation to the deal your dealership can give you. Plenty of examples on here about dealers offering X-plan, MSRP-$2000, or Invoice-$1000 already, with plenty more just offering MSRP which may be a good deal based on location. Your dealer will be able to tell you their plans for pricing now without B&P.

My guess, because I was in a similar spot, is that your dealer is not reaching out to you because they aren't planning on having good pricing. I reached out to my dealer after 3.5 weeks of radio silence, and they informed me that they won't honor X-plan, and they'll be "pricing Broncos based on the market upon delivery," i.e. they're going to try for a surprise ADM if they can. After that disappointment, I sent out like 10 emails to every dealer within 2 hours driving of me, and within 15 minutes I had a dealer that says they'll only charge MSRP, don't tack on stupid extra overpriced dealer options (VIN etching, undercoating, etc.), and will honor X-plan if you have it. Since then, I've had 3 more respond back with similar info.

There's still plenty of time to contact every dealer within reasonable range of you in order to find a reasonable deal, and therefore switch your dealer.
Agreed. Iā€™m wanting B&P so bad but changing dealers bc you have a crappy one has nothing to do with B&P.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m just glad we can stop seeing the ā€œI hope there is a white top optionā€ in every thread. Bad news is they are going to be replaced with ā€œNo white top! WTF Ford?!?!??ā€

edit: I do think itā€™s a pretty big miss on Fordā€™s part. You look at early Broncos and they have white tops. Seems to reason that people would want a white top for their modern retro Bronco.

Galaxy Brain: Ford should release a Heritage Package option and include white top and some vinyl decals and charge a couple grand for it like the outgoing GT350.
That was my thought too and I only recently decided I'd like a Bronco when my lease ends. I looked up old first generation Broncos and love the X color with white accents. White top, fender flares, and steel wheels. Perhaps the grille or the embossed lettering part at least. Anyways, I'm leaning towards red with white accents and think your Heritage trim would be just a great idea. And it can run skinny tall tires, say 16x9s as a compromise with a 32" tire, and small lift from the base. That would make my decision easier!

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In fords defense. A molded in color white top would be a production pain in the ass

However we have seen 2 types of tops. Molded plastic tops. And painted tops

It would cost ford relatively nothing to offer a premium white painted top.

nothing.
That's not accurate. Something cannot be a pain in the rear and then cost almost nothing to manufacturer. Ford is a mass-production company. Molding in color can be more complex than painting. Every time they add another option, the costs goes up on all models.

I am not a fan of the gray top. If the only top offered is black, I will live with the color or wrap it in another color. I realize it is more expense, but they have to draw the line somewhere.

If anything, I would like to see the painted tops available in matching body colors.

Not being argumentative, but Ford has to draw lines somewhere.
Sponsored