First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be one thing if they never showed a white top. If they never showed white interior. If they never showed saddle leather
This. 100% this.

I would love examples of other major companies that do something similar.

Oh you wanted the red macbook air, sorry the one we showed in those commercials isn't an option.

Ah, yes that couch we showed on the showroom floor in beige is just a prototype. We don't actually sell it in that color, it's not an option. But we're listening!

See how stupid that looks when put into context of any other product company doing that?
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
cactus gray 4 door bronco launch vehicle 13.jpg

If I can't buy this then I will wait a year or not buy. Ford has to know this exact scheme is a winner or they would not make one and take it out for feedback.
And they take it out over and over and over again. If it is unavailable, shame on Ford.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
but reading between the lines it actually sounds to me like they are planning on offering the white top, they’re just still working out the kinks, and he doesn’t want people to assume this is exactly what it will be.
Exactly! I think he was saying "THAT top will not be an option"

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I disagree. When you purchase massive TV ad buys and show the Cactus Gray with the White Top, you should have the White Top available. I mean this is just absurd that they would put that much promotional work showing off the white top and then not have it as an option.
At some point, assembly line complexity has a limit.

Also, since Ford did have that white top out there, and decided to cut white instead of gloss black, tells us where the marketing research sales numbers, from that showing, are at.

Sponsored

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just pop off your fender flares and your MIC top and bring them to a Line-X installer. Plus then they will actually color match each other.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just glad we can stop seeing the “I hope there is a white top option” in every thread. Bad news is they are going to be replaced with “No white top! WTF Ford?!?!??”

edit: I do think it’s a pretty big miss on Ford’s part. You look at early Broncos and they have white tops. Seems to reason that people would want a white top for their modern retro Bronco.

Galaxy Brain: Ford should release a Heritage Package option and include white top and some vinyl decals and charge a couple grand for it like the outgoing GT350.
Ford will have the finance team study the pricing and "what they can charge for" and determine if better to have as option across certain trims (i.e. a WHITE PACK or HERITAGE PACK -- thinking similar to BLACK package they offer on Ranger and Mustangs). Or have a Heritage trim that is unique model/price. I personally hate the idea of having to paint or dip or wrap something to get the look I'd want.
This is not a "Freak Out" by me, but I am disappointed about how much was unknown by Ford at launch (after so much delay) and how much they showed us that they say we can't have. It just frustrates buyers and wastes time as Ford tries to figure out what to say and we chase our tails wondering how we can get what is pictured. Just saying!!
And the buzz vehicles for reveal being the 2-Door orange and the 4-Door cactus grey with White top sure got MANY peoples appetite set for a big plate of "white roof". Those were show cars people and I believe whether a pandemic reveal or pictures from the show floor the reaction would be the same. They are listening...patience patience.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh cool another white top thread complaining about... what exactly? Ford just showed us a picture of a white top bronco which you all have been dying to see. Levine responds not an option, because AT THIS TIME it’s not an option, it’s still being worked on. If there weren’t plans to offer a white top Levine wouldn’t have even acknowledged it in his tweet. Large companies have to go through many meetings/processes to change stuff in stream like this and unless they have the final production version of the white top they won’t confirm its an option.

Ford, via Mike Levine is giving as much info as they possibly can about changes they are working on and all they get in return is threads like this still shitting on them? Can you people read between the lines just LITTLE bit here? ?
Well said about "reading between the lines"

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

White top please. Or I'm just going to give my money to a wrapper instead of you Ford. ;)

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lost of the Broncos we have seen are custom and not what you will get from b&p. And I don’t think anyone said white would be the top color, just hopeful people. Good thing is you can get your roof painted any color you want after delivery.

Vandal

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was already planning to get the MIC top and get it wrapped Wimbledon white anyways. Oxford white top is too bright.

I'm just wondering if they'll be able to do wraps on MIC, because it looks kind of textured. If not I'll do the body color painted I guess, but that's an extra on the Badlands. Does anyone know if a wrap will work on a MIC top?

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1. Photo shows what looks to be a white top.
2. Someone asks Mike on Twitter if that’s going to be an option.
3. Mike says it’s a pre-production test, and what you see in the picture is not a finalized option.
4. EVERYONE ON B6G FREAK-A-ZOID BONKERS

I agree that Mike’s communication could be better, but reading between the lines it actually sounds to me like they are planning on offering the white top, they’re just still working out the kinks, and he doesn’t want people to assume this is exactly what it will be.
I'm surprised how people begin to freak out so easily and get a little nasty, you are correct, they might end up offering just what they want at some point, early times, OMG

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would you go about painting the mic modular black top white? Does it have to be paint on paint? Will paint not adhere well to the mic top? Serious question for serious answers please. I'm just a spray can level painter, not much knowledge or experience on painting vehicles
Yes. It is entirely possible.
Basically you would sand/ prep it like any other color change paint job.
Prime it/ seal it with a white or buff primer/sealer with some adhesion promoter applied first just to be safe.
That way you're not trying to cover black with white, which would dull down the white. Same issue with painting white over red. You'd end up with a pinkish white, as the basecoats out there aren't designed for heavy-mil thickness hiding.
Clear coat and done.
OR a single-stage white in either gloss or matte.
Or either a Raptor or Line-X type urethane bedliner material.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dude, we're totally listening ...
Ford Bronco Levine: White top not an option. We are listening  (UPDATE) Music-Beer-Head
Sponsored