First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At some point, assembly line complexity has a limit.

Also, since Ford did have that white top out there, and decided to cut white instead of gloss black, tells us where the marketing research sales numbers, from that showing, are at.
Not currently offering a white top could be due to a host of issues, none of which Ford can easily fix.

It could be that while the prototype white top looks great it also is actually a painted black top that easily cracks upon repeated usage, exposing the black color underneath and making the top look terrible very quickly.

It could also be that the prototype top was molded white and when Ford got the cost estimate for making them that way for production, balked.

Heck it could be that the Ford graphics Dept rejected the best production intent white top they could make because it didnā€™t look right.

It could also be that the Ford marketing plan from the beginning was to offer the white top in a reveal around Halloween just to have a reason to make a new commercial and claim ā€˜weā€™re listeningā€™.

Just like with the dealer video, official Ford communication is agonizingly slow to happen for all of us. All this from a guy planning to get a race red BB with the white appearance pkg (white top, grill, and dash) that doesnā€™t exist anywhere but on the original reveal cars. YMMV
Sponsored

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They only offered 34 colors in 1970, but most of the white was Wimbledon white. Our 76 Mustang II was Wimbleton white with red vinyl roof and red vinyl interior. She was gorgeous (just couldn't go up a small hill without pinging like a can of rocks).
At Ford there are 2 super special colors reserved for special stuff -- #1 Wimbleton White and #2 Gulf Orange/Blue. When is last time saw WW on something for the general buying public. Last one I recall was a special edition Mustang a few years ago.

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painted, wrapped. Whatevs. I've got a couple of options in mind if they don't do the color matched top I want and I have to go with the black modular. I'll either have it painted to match or have the windshield frame shot in Shadow Black. I don't particularly care for the A-pillar to be a different color than the top. I don't like how it breaks up visually so I'll fix it one way or the other.
I'll be in touch with you, if you don't mind. I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Golden_Oryx

First Edition
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Patrol
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
he said it was early pre production and that its not an option. Build and price launches in a few days

Just explain to me why ford would produce a brand new off the line red bronco with a white top and NOT offer it.

why does that make sense? We never saw that red bronco before. Its new. What are they "testing" a few days out from build and price?
My thoughts on the white top Bronco.

From Mikeā€™s point, Ford wishes to take an well interpreted decision based on demand for the product.

a) whether to restrict the white top to only FE or Allow for mass production for other trims as well etc.

which brings us to B n P. It has everything to do with bnp.

as you rightly mentioned, white top will see it through in one way or the other.

My take on white top - they should restrict it to selected colors only.

Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts on the white top Bronco.

From Mikeā€™s point, Ford wishes to take an well interpreted decision based on demand for the product.

a) whether to restrict the white top to only FE or Allow for mass production for other trims as well etc.

which brings us to B n P. It has everything to do with bnp.

as you rightly mentioned, white top will see it through in one way or the other.

My take on white top - they should restrict it to selected colors only.
Restricting it to the FE would make it an option on the FE. Levine said it's not an option.

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why can't people just friggin' chill until the actual production options are finalized. Seriously go outside and play tag or somethin'.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how does one reach out to Ford if we avoid the cesspool that is Twitter?

i mean, they are listening

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mark my word. White tops, manual 2.7 and anything else we're bitching about will be available. Just not in 2021. The out years will see these goodies.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the grey tops and several others who have chined in do as well but i do hope its an option for those that like it.

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always pronounced those EX-Ratty
Those things were pretty dope back in the day - It was no Monte Carlo Sport, but then again, what was?
Sponsored