David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember we had a Ford insider on here for a while and his comment regarding the white top was something like “you haven’t seen everything yet”.
Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some of this stuff about color options etc are being held back so they have something for year 2.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OR a single-stage white in either gloss or matte.
Or either a Raptor or Line-X type urethane bedliner material.
I like the idea of less work for sure. Especially when dealing with the modular roof. If they make a white rhino liner, that's what I would want. I'm afraid paint won't hold up well to all the scratches mine will ensure going thru the woods. Hence why I'm interested in the molded in color tops.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As great as the Bronco is, Ford has been disingenuous at every turn.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the idea of less work for sure. Especially when dealing with the modular roof. If they make a white rhino liner, that's what I would want. I'm afraid paint won't hold up well to all the scratches mine will ensure going thru the woods. Hence why I'm interested in the molded in color tops.
Agreed.
Any paint is going to scratch, whether it be factory or aftermarket.
They make a clear, tintable Raptor, and a white kit as well.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that's unfair. They're doing the best they can.....what makes us angry is that THIS isn't that tough a thing to offer.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed.
Any paint is going to scratch, whether it be factory or aftermarket.
They make a clear, tintable Raptor, and a white kit as well.
Awesome, I'm going to look for and bookmark these kits for next year. Thank you for the tips

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone mentioned in the original 'white hard top photo' thread that maybe the white hard top is a DIO - given the factory needs to limit their options on the different variations of bronco and ranger....and that the road-show tricked out cars with white tops had all of these other accessories, so maybe they were showcasing the white top as a DIO.

I kind of agree that sounds plausible. But my response is - how are they logistically going to ship the cars with no tops? If a white top is a DIO, that may mean that it will be bundled as a dual top option, costing that much more for the customer. And maybe Ford sees an opportunity to bundle knowing how die-hard some white top guys are.

And if the above it true will the B&P include the accessory list or is everyone going to freak out again. Did we get confirmation on that?

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that's unfair. They're doing the best they can.....what makes us angry is that THIS isn't that tough a thing to offer.
If they were doing "the best they can" they wouldn't tote around products that we can't buy. It's not hard to drive around pre production Broncos that don't have white tops.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This. 100% this.

I would love examples of other major companies that do something similar.

Oh you wanted the red macbook air, sorry the one we showed in those commercials isn't an option.

Ah, yes that couch we showed on the showroom floor in beige is just a prototype. We don't actually sell it in that color, it's not an option. But we're listening!

See how stupid that looks when put into context of any other product company doing that?
If I’m not mistaken it was said that stuff on the CG bronco would not be available as an option, but as accessories, but by all means correct me if I’m wrong. I see why it’s worth talking about but I don’t think it’s worth getting worked up about. When B&P comes out and the white top ends up being late availability as a dealer installed accessory everyone will be excited and all that ridicule will turn to praise. Not that I know if that’s true but it sounds like it might be. It might be more worth while for Ford to let another company take risk in providing it than calculating it into an option for production.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Someone mentioned in the original 'white hard top photo' thread that maybe the white hard top is a DIO - given the factory needs to limit their options on the different variations of bronco and ranger....and that the road-show tricked out cars with white tops had all of these other accessories, so maybe they were showcasing the white top as a DIO.

I kind of agree that sounds plausible. But my response is - how are they logistically going to ship the cars with no tops? If a white top is a DIO, that may mean that it will be bundled as a dual top option, costing that much more for the customer. And maybe Ford sees an opportunity to bundle knowing how die-hard some white top guys are.

And if the above it true will the B&P include the accessory list or is everyone going to freak out again. Did we get confirmation on that?
I’m sure we will find out soon when it (B&P) releases.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leadership keeps management out of the way and lets design knock it out of the park, once design is mostly complete, management and bean-counters elbow their way back in to step on their dicks at every available opportunity. Corporate 101.

As for the white top, it should have been one of the FE signature options... I reiterate:

This is what the First Edition exclusive items should consist of: FE only White Modular Hardtop, custom 66-77 all-in-one gauge theme dash display option in the DIC, white marine vinyl seats (optional), sport graphics down the hood and/or body line instead of the chrome trim of the EBs, a die-cast metal 66-77 script BRONCO on the front quarters, white fender flares (optional), steel wheels with a dog dish centercap (photoshop via @PNW_Bronco94) and a white grille, just like the OG Bronco, along with a custom First of the Herd metal numbered nameplate.

This combo works with all color schemes, all of these options are stupidly easy to to do with the exception of the EB display in the DIC, and most attractively to Ford mgmt, NONE of these would disrupt the supply chain or logistics, it would need only slight modification to direct the First Edition grille, flares, and tops to the paint booth just like the Outer Banks assembly flowchart.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hummer is looking better and better

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way, weren't we supposed to get a walk through of trims and options "in a week" at the CO bronco fest? That was what? A month ago?
Sponsored