Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got an email from the Bronco team. In the FAQ they confirm if you want a 22, you don't order a 21, reservations will still hold.

• If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 – 3/19/2021?
  • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.
Bear with a second, I'm gonna be the Devil's advocate here. What if the vast majority of early reservations opt to wait?

I know you don't have the answer to that Nathan as you're like me, just going with the flow. But, it just popped into my big ol' dumb head. :)
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bear with a second, I'm gonna be the Devil's advocate here. What if the vast majority of early reservations opt to wait?

I know you don't have the answer to that Nathan as you're like me, just going with the flow. But, it just popped into my big ol' dumb head. :)
If that happened later reservations would schedule, I dont see enough happening to run out. Even if 50% cancel and 50% of the remainder want 22s there would still be enough to fill 21.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m good either way. I’ll let the dealer take my order by March 19th and if it gets moved to MY22, then so be it. I’m pretty flexible, but want it sooner than later so we will see how it goes. I can accept other colors if required. So far they have all looked pretty good in the pictures compared to cgi.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If that happened later reservations would schedule, I dont see enough happening to run out. Even if 50% cancel and 50% of the remainder want 22s there would still be enough to fill 21.
From your mouth to the Ford Gods ears. I think you're right, and hope you're right. I waited to make my reservation to ensure mine wouldn't be built until 2022. My plans were to buy a new vehicle then, and wouldn't want to be pushed into buying one in 2021.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm still thinking of converting my Day One reservation to an order and getting a white top down the road. Since I'm getting a two door, will hopefully have more info in May as to delivery date and go from there. If delivery is in, say, November, I will change to a MY 22 to get the white top and maybe there will be a color I like better than Velocity Blue.
2-doors are late availability.

Sponsored

5StringSlim

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, Ford is not going to cancel non converted reservations?

I like the idea but Ford really needs to provide clear guidance and communication with the retail customer.

My plan is to convert my late reservation for MY21, plus I’m getting late availability items so it should be a MY22. But if Ford does open a window later, I’ll use my earlier Reservation (not early enough for MY21 cutoff at this time) and get my MY22 earlier.
My dealer literally just called me to get scoop on my order. Being that I am ordering a 2-door Badmansquatch, I know I am going to get pushed to MY22. He told me to do nothing and when the MY22 order banks open, my reservation will still be active. I guess we have a couple of months to get definitive guidance if this is true.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know folks have mentioned it but when do ya think the MY22 colors will be announced? If it was before the orders are locked in March that would be nice, the. Ya could change your mind.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know folks have mentioned it but when do ya think the MY22 colors will be announced? If it was before the orders are locked in March that would be nice, the. Ya could change your mind.
That would be great, but I bet it will def be after march 19

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've read this whole thread and am considerably more confused now than before. Since they have already stated that a ManSquatch would be available for '22. I'm assuming that I CAN'T convert either of my reservations (7/14 & 7/24) because I can't order what isn't available this MY.

Am I horribly wrong OR just as in the dark I was before this thread

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We now know we can order a 22' this summer, but the question now is "can we update our dealer selection at this summer's ordering window for the 22'?"

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We now know we can order a 22' this summer, but the question now is "can we update our dealer selection at this summer's ordering window for the 22'?"
This dillema is where I've arrived as well, ....while mulling over the idea of deferring res to MY22, the next hurdle is the fact (I think) that you will be married to your dealer selection BEFORE you even have a chance to negotiate price.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey everyone! I was getting frustrated with. It being able to find a configuration I was pumped about so decided to tweet Mike Levine and he got back to me! Sounds like we won’t lose our place in the priority que if we decide to hold off this year- just thought someone else here may benefit so wanted to share!

B3FB225A-B7E1-4B04-B7AB-A85E93ECB26B.png
I really like that mike Levine is engaging with his audience. Kudos to him.
Sponsored