Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stephen's Auto Center Regarding MY22 order banks and reservations...

Now, let's get to allocation and ordering.....

We want to go over everything we know, and a couple of the things we *think* we know. Per Ford, if you prefer a MY22 instead of a MY21, you may wait and not order during the first order window from January to March 2021. The MY22 orders will open up later/sometime in the Summer of 21.

/john
Sponsored

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree. Major price increases have been rare, linked with fluctuation around major recessions. Here's some data:
Ford Bronco Levine: you can keep your place in line for a 2022MY (reservation time stamps won't change) Ford Price Increase History.PNG

I anticipate a roughly 2%-3% price increase for MY22.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hurry up and wait everybody, Mike said more info soon.

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No offense, but what ā€œofficialā€ source are you getting this from?

No offense taken at all. Iā€™m stating exactly what my dealer, who has been nothing but informative with all the correct information thus far, told me this morning where Iā€™m #13 out of 300+ reservations. I reached out asking this exact question and he ensured me that I can hold my reservation and time stamp until MY22 order banks open which I plan to do. Could he be wrong? Sure, with how this launch has gone anything is possible. But I see more dealers coming out and saying this now aswell, along with the tweets from Levine & Bronco Nation vaguely hinting at it in their delivery guideline the other day. Everybody is free to take it as they wish, doesnā€™t bother me one way or the other and Iā€™ll gladly be the guinea pig in order wait a few extra months instead of settling when their are some pretty desirable options right around the corner. Time will tell ??

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No offense taken at all. Iā€™m stating exactly what my dealer, who has been nothing but informative with all the correct information thus far, told me this morning where Iā€™m #13 out of 300+ reservations. I reached out asking this exact question and he ensured me that I can hold my reservation and time stamp until MY22 order banks open which I plan to do. Could he be wrong? Sure, with how this launch has gone anything is possible. But I see more dealers coming out and saying this now aswell, along with the tweets from Levine & Bronco Nation vaguely hinting at it in their delivery guideline the other day. Everybody is free to take it as they wish, doesnā€™t bother me one way or the other and Iā€™ll gladly be the guinea pig in order wait a few extra months instead of settling when their are some pretty desirable options right around the corner. Time will tell ??
Exactly what I got from my dealer yesterday as well. Now it will be possible to see automotive reviews of the bronco before buying. And of course the white top, possible Heritage Edition, Warthog, hybrid might also be in play in addition to new colors in side and out. Great news Ford, Thanks Levine!

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know This doesn't "prove" anybody right or wrong, but this paragraph from the BN Q&A thread does reinforce what you said, that you could opt for MY22 and wait. According to this, Ford actually recommends not converting, and waiting till more info comes out on the MY22's....
Ford Bronco Levine: you can keep your place in line for a 2022MY (reservation time stamps won't change) 20210115_185457

Engineer Pass

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They usually nickel and dime the increases. $100-$500 per increase each quarter. When you see a $1000 rebate after a year, the vehicle is priced higher than earlier in year. You think that you are getting a great rebate deal. It is natural for new car prices to increase. Jeep Wrangler is a perfect example of multiple price increases during a calendar year.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do me a solid tweet this to Levine ask he can hint us some greens. I'd really love to know. Kinda unfair not know the colors. They got a shade of green I'm into I def might 22MY. Thank you! I don't have tweeter. Or at least see if they plan on telling the public next few months what new colors might be!

d302900cc048ce73150eacfe43f57db9.jpg
Screenshot_20201206-094301_Chrome.jpg

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So who thinks I can pull this off...?

I have 2 reservations, 7/13 (First Edition) and 7/14 (Badlands).

Order 1: 2 Door BL. 7 Speed, MIC. Hope to get it quick, although 2 doors are on the delay list.

Order 2: MY 2022 2 door, BL, Mansquatch, white top.

Both will be A/Z plan buys. Trade in #1 when #2 arrives. I think the dealer will give me close to original A/Z plan price. The dealer gets 2 sales and a low mile 2021 for the used car lot.

Sponsored

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny, I used to work at automotive assembly plants. (no names mentioned, here, for obvious reasons.) I did see first hand, that there were some bizarre factors that affected vehicle scheduling.

--First, the scheduling computers try to balance work loads. You don't want a heavy mix of high content vehicles one day, followed by a heavy mix of low content vehicles the next day. That makes it very hard to schedule the work loads for the folks on the line. They try to blend things where possible.
--Component part shortages could affect things as well, but generally a whole lot of attention is focused on keeping the supply line intact. There are occasions where mishaps cause concerns, but that's not generally true.
--One place I worked at had a concern with factory air quality emissions. It seems that different colors of paint emit different amounts of bad stuff that affects air quality. At that plant they would balance the schedule in the paint shop so they didn't paint more than X of that color of vehicles per day, else they'd exceed factory air emission requirements. It was a closely monitored issue. I know at that factory, the paint balance thing really affected the scheduling. And no, I don't remember what color that was.. it was quite a few years ago.

Be patient. Changes to the schedule are bound to happen, and at first glance might not make sense to you or I. In general, my experience told me there were some pretty smart folks working really hard to provide good high quality products to their customers. There was a reason for lots of things that one might not see.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to my Bronco, although with a November 2000 reservation date, I'm not expecting to see it until end of the 2021 calendar year, sigh.

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know This doesn't "prove" anybody right or wrong, but this paragraph from the BN Q&A thread does reinforce what you said, that you could opt for MY22 and wait. According to this, Ford actually recommends not converting, and waiting till more info comes out on the MY22's....
Ford Bronco Levine: you can keep your place in line for a 2022MY (reservation time stamps won't change) Screenshot_20201206-094301_Chrome
Yeah, its just unclear if your existing reservation carries over in some manner or if your dealer will call you to start over when MY22 begins. Hopefully the former.

toodlesmalone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman ALL4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let's say you want a 2-door with a 2.7 engine.

We know those may see "extended" delays. :cautious:

My question is will we be able to know about how long that delay will be and will we know what the new 2022 options are so we can make an informed decision between a 2021 or just waiting for a 2022?

[sigh]

FloridaGal

Badlands
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good idea! Also would really help to know the 22 color options. That's the only reason I would wait. Hard decision without knowing what those are. Would be great if someone could ask ....

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, its just unclear if your existing reservation carries over in some manner or if your dealer will call you to start over when MY22 begins. Hopefully the former.
Exactly my confusion. The last line of the screenshot says that your dealer will take down your name for a MY22 order. But why would they have to take down your name if you have a reservation? If on the other hand, your reservation is cancelled by Ford's automation on March 20 of unconverted reservations, then yes, your dealer will need to take down your name so they can order a bronco for you.
Sponsored