Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made 2 reservation one on 7/14 and one on 7/15. I am ordering the first on a MY21 and then the second on a MY22. If I don't like the MY21 I can always sell/trade in once the MY22 lands.
How are you going to order your second one as a MY22?
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems very clear to me, if you convert a reservation there is no way to de-link it from the timestamp and push it later. If you choose to not exercise the option to convert your reservation, because you don't want to 'risk' getting a '21, it expires on March 20th, you get an automatic refund from the dealer, and then you have the option to coordinate with your dealer, along with the public at large, to order when the order banks open for the 2022MY if allocations permit (the ones that exercised the option to convert the reservations would, at that point, be ahead of you and the public until Ford clears all the converted orders, even if they extend into MY2022 units.). Any other wishful reading is inconsistent with the other sources from Ford.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like I commented on Dec 27-28th.. Ford is trying to get people to delay ordering/and agreeing to a 2021.... they are not ready to sell Broncos yet, why else would they have so many late availabilities, can't have this AND that at the same time. And releasing sneak details of 2022 bronco options and variants. ... THEY ARE TRYING TO BUY SOME TIME!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I’ll ask this a different way:

How are you going to “yes?”
Ah sorry, I misunderstood. I told my dealer I wanted to place the second reservation for the MY22 and they said no problem.

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
18c3dbd09f3e5e9b0976d0f49ecb5334.gif

Ford has said:

1. Everyone must convert their order by the March cutoff or your reservation gets cancelled.

2. Overwhelming demand means some people’s orders will be pushed to MY22... we’ll let you know in May if you’re one of those people.

3. And then they went on to clearify that if you don’t want a MY21, you should not place an order now (cancel your reservation), and instead you should wait to place your order when MY22 rolls around.

And everyone in this thread be like: “sEe LeViNe SaId mY dEaLeR cAn PuT oUr OrDeR iN cRyOgEnIc SuSpEnSiOn FoR mE tO jUmP tO tHe HeAd Of ThE lInE wHeN a GrEeN bRoNcO iS aNnOuNcEd”

You guys do you... but I’d hate to see y’all get real upset if you don’t convert your order before March deadline and are surprised you didn’t maintain reservation priority ahead of people who reserved after you.
If that is true then why would he say you keep your place in line?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a ton wrapped up in that tweet that’s referencing some ongoing questions he and Ford have been fielding.

1. There has been ongoing confusion coming from some dealers that converting to an order sooner will result in being earlier in line... or that not placing your order as soon as the banks open would somehow jeopardize your chance at a MY21.

Levine is clarifying that you place in production schedule line is dependent on your reservation time stamp, not when you actual place your order with your dealer. The implication here is that you still need to be place your order before the well established and published cutoff date, after which all non-converted reservations are cancelled and the $100 are refunded. (Ford needs the cut off so they know who the real buyers are and they can actually schedule based on time stamps)

2. Levine says that this reservation time stamp is what’s factored during the production that will *extend* into MY22... consistent with the widely published info from them that MY21 orders will extend into MY22 for some people.

Many people were worried that if they placed an order now from their reservation, when the switch was made to MY22, if their order wasn’t made yet, their reservation rank would not matter any more and Ford would just throw the reservation system out. Ford has been working hard to let people know that if the MY changes, all unbuilt submitted orders for MY21 will just roll right through and people will maintain their place in line for MY22 deliveries.

His comment about “coordinating with your dealer” is basically him saying “this is too complicated for a short tweet, and we’ve already explained this, so go ask your dealer, because ultimately if your order runs into MY22, they’re the ones that will be able to update it with new options... or, if you *must* have a MY22, they can help you place your actual order with everyone else who didn’t make a reservation when that time comes.”

Last edited:

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because MY22 Broncos will be delivered in order to the people who were supposed to get MY21s.

After those are delivered it will likely be a free for all with many becoming dealer stock. Obviously depending on material availability etc

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. I told my dealer I wanted to place the second reservation for the MY22 and they said no problem.
Interesting.

I wonder how they plan on doing that.

Nothing we’ve heard so far (either from Ford or from dealers here) make it sound like there’s a mechanism for that in place.

That could obviously change... but I’m surprised your dealer told you that.

Sponsored

rfawbush

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru STI/1979 Ford Courier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would certainly hope that we get to know what new colors and options will be available for MY22 before we have to decide whether to pull the trigger on a MY21 or decide to wait. Very intriguing though, either way.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your take is correct, and it may be, than they would have to tell us what new colors, special editions, roof options, vehicle options, etc., would be available for 2022 and at what cost by 3/19/21 so we could place out order.

The confusion for me is the first part of that email answer, steers me towards you being right and the second part is what made me think you can wait.
I think that's right - if people can wait then they should definitely provide more clarity and information on MY22. Just attempting to slow the tidal wave that occurs on here when an interpretation gets slotted in as an "official" statement.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey everyone! I was getting frustrated with. It being able to find a configuration I was pumped about so decided to tweet Mike Levine and he got back to me! Sounds like we won’t lose our place in the priority que if we decide to hold off this year- just thought someone else here may benefit so wanted to share!

B3FB225A-B7E1-4B04-B7AB-A85E93ECB26B.png
Mike needs to talk to customer support because that's
Hey everyone! I was getting frustrated with. It being able to find a configuration I was pumped about so decided to tweet Mike Levine and he got back to me! Sounds like we won’t lose our place in the priority que if we decide to hold off this year- just thought someone else here may benefit so wanted to share!

B3FB225A-B7E1-4B04-B7AB-A85E93ECB26B.png
Mike and Ford's Bronco customer support team are giving out different info. I called the 800 number and asked this specific question and was told there is no way to convert a reservation MY 2022.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would certainly hope that we get to know what new colors and options will be available for MY22 before we have to decide whether to pull the trigger on a MY21 or decide to wait. Very intriguing though, either way.
I wouldn't get too excited, probably just a new shade of gray

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OKC here also - what dealer did you go with? Mine has been crap and hasn't contacted me at all, let alone offering under invoice or anything.
OKC as well!! I moved my reservation to a TX dealership, Bob Utter Ford, due to my original dealer not doing matching the deal the TX dealership was offering.
Sponsored