Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sincerely, Thanks for the additional info. I just hate that it still can be taken either way. The statement that you can "defer" to when the MY22 order banks open still seems ambiguous as to whether or not you hold your place in line. At this point, with the given info I've seen....I want to wait for MY22, but I aint trusting the "deferral" process. I'm ordering a MY21 I'd like to own and hoping for MY22 options to be available (to me) before order is unchangeable
My dealer said time stamp remains if you defer the conversion to a ‘22.
Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stand firm that they’re in agreement.

Your current reservation, if you don’t want to lose your place in line, must be converted by the March deadline into an order for a MY21.

There is no way for you to make your order for MY22. They are taking MY21 orders now.

Not all orders can be fulfilled by the time MY22 comes around.

If you haven’t received your Bronco by that time, your order just rolls over in line with everyone else and gets “converted” into a MY22 because that’s what they’d be making.

It’s like if you take a number at a fish counter, and they call it, and you say “i want to order whatever comes in tomorrow on the boat”. The guy behind the counter is going to tell you that you can only order what’s in the case now, and if you want the tomorrow fish, you have to come back tomorrow and get a new number.

Thing is, the Fish is sooo good, that the line is sooo long, there’s a chance you could take a number today and not get to the front of the line until tomorrow... if that happens you get to order the tomorrow fish, but by then, it’s already tomorrow anyway, so it’s basically the today fish.

Sure. You ran the risk of getting to the front of the line yesterday, and having to order yesterday’s today’s fish, but now that it’s tomorrow, today... you get to order tomorrows’s today’s fish now, and not have to wait until tomorrow (the day after yesterday’s tomorrow) like everyone who just showed up.

Does that help clear up the confusion?

NeedyUnsteadyAvocet-small.gif
I've been told by 2 dealers on the forum, including Granger, that they have the capability to delay your order placed by March 19th to MY22.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a dealer letter posted on BN that best explains the process.
Screenshot_20210116-065250_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210116-065320_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210116-065332_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210116-065340_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210116-065356_Chrome.jpg
So reading this-Ford's basing commodity issues on choices made at RESERVATION time in July-August.
Yea- no one has changed their builds since then.
Ford-if your are listening:

Open the WBDO for only one week.
Most dealers will have input all their MY21 allocations within that time frame.
Close it run and a preliminary production schedule.
Get and commuicate the real world commodity outlook.
Open the WBDO back up.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plus, wouldn't ordering now and have your dealer push it back to MY22 help them with their allocation numbers? Letting your Res# slide to MY22 is the same as a non-order for the dealer and screws up their reservation-to-order ratio?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been told by 2 dealers on the forum, including Granger, that they have the capability to delay your order placed by March 19th to MY22.
I thought Granger said that they weren't aware of that ability (yet), and were operating under the assumption that everyone must convert their order by March deadline for a potential MY21... but were hoping for more information or clarification very soon.

I'm not denying the potential for a reservation holder to straight up say they are waiting for MY22... and there appears to be more and more talk that this will be the case... just that we haven't heard that definitively yet, and everything I've seen still aligns with the previous statements by Ford.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plus, wouldn't ordering now and have your dealer push it back to MY22 help them with their allocation numbers? Letting your Res# slide to MY22 is the same as a non-order for the dealer and screws up their reservation-to-order ratio?
Keep in mind converted reservations with time stamps past 9-18-20 will not add to dealer MY21 allocations.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought Granger said that they weren't aware of that ability (yet), and were operating under the assumption that everyone must convert their order by March deadline for a potential MY21... but were hoping for more information or clarification very soon.

I'm not denying the potential for a reservation holder to straight up say they are waiting for MY22... and there appears to be more and more talk that this will be the case... just that we haven't heard that definitively yet, and everything I've seen still aligns with the previous statements by Ford.
IMO this has become question #1 for me to know how to move forward. I don't want to take delivery of a MY21 just a few weeks ahead of seeing somebody in a green MY22 I coulda had. Good grief.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep in mind converted reservations with time stamps past 9-18-20 will not add to dealer MY21 allocations.
I was referring to MY22 allocations.

You might be right. I was reading it more optimistically. :)

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still thinking of converting my Day One reservation to an order and getting a white top down the road. Since I'm getting a two door, will hopefully have more info in May as to delivery date and go from there. If delivery is in, say, November, I will change to a MY 22 to get the white top and maybe there will be a color I like better than Velocity Blue.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you order a late availability option wouldn't that push you into 2022? Ex. Say my res. date is 08/01 (it ain't even close BTW :) ), and order a Shadow Black hardtop, would that not push me back until the top is available? Possible even into the 2022 model year.

Sponsored

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My read of the statements from Levine were that some orders will naturally fall in MY2022, and that reservations numbers will still apply as the model year rolls over. Ford has said that reservation holders will get a call from their dealers to re-spec the build based upon MY22 colors and options as a natural part of working their way through all of the reservations.

However, the idea of a dealer "holding" a reservation for MY22 seems unlikely. I don't see it directly supported by any Ford statement, and I don't think dealers have definitive information about this. It would require that before MY22 build scheduling, a second ordering window was opened exclusively to all reservation holders so that they can place orders and have them sorted and scheduled according to reservation number, supply chain logistics, and dealer allocation (exactly like Ford is doing from Jan 20 - March this year).

I doubt that with a rolling model year production plan, a repeat of this order window will take place.

Based upon this, my recommendation to early reservation holders who want a MY22 vehicle would be to order late-availability items. I do believe that non-converted orders will be refunded after March, as Ford has said in the past. Be dubious about dealer statements that aren't backed up by Ford.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got an email from the Bronco team. In the FAQ they confirm if you want a 22, you don't order a 21, reservations will still hold.

• If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 – 3/19/2021?
  • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got an email from the Bronco team. In the FAQ they confirm if you want a 22, you don't order a 21, reservations will still hold.

• If a customer wants options that are not available until 22MY, should they still convert their reservation to an order between 1/20/2021 – 3/19/2021?
  • We recommend you capture their decision and let them know their reservation timestamp carries over to 22MY and you will contact them when the 22MY order bank opens. Details on 22MY ordering will be available this summer.
So, Ford is not going to cancel non converted reservations?

I like the idea but Ford really needs to provide clear guidance and communication with the retail customer.

My plan is to convert my late reservation for MY21, plus I’m getting late availability items so it should be a MY22. But if Ford does open a window later, I’ll use my earlier Reservation (not early enough for MY21 cutoff at this time) and get my MY22 earlier.
Sponsored