Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok just for the halibut I thought it was good seafood humor ;)
Oh cod- that was awful! Did that come from mussel memory?
Sponsored

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so to help folks that don't want to read the entire thread and for my own clarity given all the back and forth... it sounds like the general consensus is if you want a MY22, you should just let your dealer know and NOT convert your reservation in March. Doing this will still hold your place in line when the MY22 banks open, correct?

Also, not to add more confusion but I assume that also means if someone with a later reservation number converts their res now but their order gets pushed to MY22, you still get your Bronco ahead of them... It would be great if Ford provides more details on all of this :)

***Update - Just saw the latest thread confirming all of this ?‍♂***

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I perused most of these pages, and I think I understand the points, but man-o-man, I don't fully realize the frustration.

We have waited decades for a new Bronco. Not only is one coming, but it appears to be a "proper" Bronco, with amazing styling, well-appointed, and purposefully performance. It has transmission options, engine options, the f*&$#ing doors and roof are removable! This is the dream, right? A classically inspired retro Bronco with modern mechanics and performance, for a cool AF ride that can go anywhere! I am really excited about this car, and I hate buying new cars.

So, I guess I don't fully realize all the pissing and moaning about MY21, MY22, what year will my gold cupholders be available, if I want the Bronco powered by unicorns, will that push me to MY22, or will there be enough unicorns for me in MY21? (only if they are white Unicorns, if they are pink then I will wait until MY22, but only if they don't charge me more for the color Unicorn I want).

Lastly, Ford isn't really that far behind schedule. I looked at the original Ford and Dealer email (confirming my RSVP) from July 14, and note "December" for order taking...which means they are one month behind schedule. They note a March-May 2021 to start fulfillment, we are now looking at the beginning of Summer 2021...a month or two behind schedule. Anybody who has worked in logistic, planning, and resource management this year (2020) can tell you it has been a clusterf&$% and a mess to predict and plan. Couple this with the massive participation of the RSVP system for potential Bronco owners, and you have to applaud the fact we might only be looking at a month or two delay...which is amazing, IMO.

Last edited:

mjjnuge

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I perused most of these pages, and I think I understand the points, but man-o-man, I don't fully realize the frustration.

We have waited decades for a new Bronco. Not only is one coming, but it appears to be a "proper" Bronco, with amazing styling, well-appointed, and purposefully performance. It has transmission options, engine options, the f*&$#ing doors and roof are removable! This is the dream, right? A classically inspired retro Bronco with modern mechanics and performance, for a cool AF ride that can go anywhere! I am really excited about this car, and I hate buying new cars.

So, I guess I don't fully realize all the pissing and moaning about MY21, MY22, what year will my gold cupholders be available, if I want the Bronco powered by unicorns, will that push me to MY22, or will there be enough unicorns for me in MY21? (only if they are white Unicorns, if they are pink then I will wait until MY22, but only if they don't charge me more for the color Unicorn I want).

Lastly, Ford isn't really that far behind schedule. I looked at the original Ford and Dealer email (confirming my RSVP) from July 14, and note "December" for order taking...which means they are one month behind schedule. They note a March-May 2021 to start fulfillment, we are now looking at the beginning of Summer 2021...a month or two behind schedule. Anybody who has worked in logistic, planning, and resource management this year (2020) can tell you it has been a clusterf&$% and a mess to predict and plan. Couple this with the massive participation of the RSVP system for potential Bronco owners, and you have to applaud the fact we might only be looking at a month or two delay...which is amazing, IMO.
I'm on the same page. I work in supply chain / logistics for eCommerce and it's been a ridiculous year. You can only do the best you can with this situation and hope for things to come together in the end. Personally, this has made me happy because I wanted to wait for MY22 with the hope of vintage looking green with a white top so I can make it look retro. Plus, I still have some negative equity to pay off so it buys me time before trading in ;)

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember the good old days when "my place in line" wasn't such an amorphous concept

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for those keeping score:

When your order is placed you can:

1. Change options and accessories all the way up until the VIN is assigned and the build is scheduled.

2. Pause/Delay your order for MY22 without losing your place in line.

3. Delay converting your reservation to an order altogether, and retain your place in line for when you decide to convert later on.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So for those keeping score:

When your order is placed you can:

1. Change options and accessories all the way up until the VIN is assigned and the build is scheduled.

3. Delay converting your reservation to an order altogether, and retain your place in line for when you decide to convert later on.
Hey Zack how is option #2 done?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The question I have for Ford is: what is the day for the change order from 2021 models to 2022 models? Is it December 31? Or sooner?

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of my dealers wants me to place my order for 21 even though I’m nowhere close to 2021 allocation. He stated that pushing to a 2022 will hurt their allocation numbers due to not converting the reservation to a 2021 order.

Is anyone else hearing this?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my dealers wants me to place my order for 21 even though I’m nowhere close to 2021 allocation. He stated that pushing to a 2022 will hurt their allocation numbers due to not converting the reservation to a 2021 order.

Is anyone else hearing this?
If your reservation before Sept 18th?

My understanding is that only pre sept 18 reservations converted to orders are counted in the MY21 allocation formula.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If your reservation before Sept 18th?

My understanding is that only pre sept 18 reservations converted to orders are counted in the MY21 allocation formula.
My reservation is in August and around 80 out of 120 at dealership. . I have no problem ordering a 21 if i can change the options and potentially trim when order banks open for MY22.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reservation is in August and around 80 out of 120 at dealership. . I have no problem ordering a 21 if i can change the options and potentially trim when order banks open for MY22.
Then yes. The way I understand what Ford has said, if you convert your order now it will positively impact the dealer’s MY21 allocation.

Since you can change, and even delay your order, you could conceivably convert now and see what your scheduled delivery turns out to be... and make decisions about trim or suspending it all together later (as long as your VIN hasnt been assigned).

But I also believe allocation is fluid, so if you pause your order, the allocation could be decreased by it.

But also also, it’s your reservation, not your dealer’s. Do what you want with it. And who knows, maybe the allocation carrot could motivate your dealer to sweeten the deal for you.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Then yes. The way I understand what Ford has said, if you convert your order now it will positively impact the dealer’s MY21 allocation.

Since you can change, and even delay your order, you could conceivably convert now and see what your scheduled delivery turns out to be... and make decisions about trim or suspending it all together later (as long as your VIN hasnt been assigned).

But I also believe allocation is fluid, so if you pause your order, the allocation could be decreased by it.

But also also, it’s your reservation, not your dealer’s. Do what you want with it. And who knows, maybe the allocation carrot could motivate your dealer to sweeten the deal for you.
I’m working on a deal to try and match one of their competitors, not anywhere near stephen’s offer, but fair price over invoice.
Sponsored