First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
whats the point of this? is this "legal"? do you quickly press this when you see a cop? just at car meets?

my state doesnt have a front plate, Im trying to figure out when you hide it vs reveal it

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I’ve never understood hiding your plate in pictures on the internet. You literally drive in public everyday with it prominently displayed for the world to see. It’s not a secret.

But to answer your question, I guess this could work, but I don’t see it’s purpose. I don’t have to have a front plate. But if I did, I’d attach it with magnets and remove when off-roading.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whats the point of this? is this "legal"? do you quickly press this when you see a cop? just at car meets?

my state doesnt have a front plate, Im trying to figure out when you hide it vs reveal it
For states that require a front license plate:

The location for the license plate Ford provides does not look great.

Options are limited for relocating the license plate because sensors, intercooler, radiator, camera, etc. are in the way.

If this does not limit the approach angle much, it might be a viable option.

For those of you in a state where front license plates are not required, you're good to go! Is this legal... perhaps not.

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For states that require a front license plate:

The location for the license plate Ford provides does not look great.

Options are limited for relocating the license plate because sensors, intercooler, radiator, camera, etc. are in the way.

If this does not limit the approach angle much, it might be a viable option.

For those of you in a state where front license plates are not required, you're good to go! Is this legal... perhaps not.
yes... but why make it fold up like that? when would you fold it away out of sight?

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes... but why make it fold up like that? when would you fold it away out of sight?
Always... Unless you get pulled over, see a cop, etc. Would love to be in a state where the front license was not required. Most cars it does not matter, but the Bronco plate location is... odd looking.

Ford Bronco License plate option 1638331739915

Ford Bronco License plate option 1638331783167

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Always... Unless you get pulled over, see a cop, etc. Would love to be in a state where the front license was not required. Most cars it does not matter, but the Bronco plate location is... odd looking.

Yes indeed. If you are looking for a front plate mount (and not necessarily one that is HIDDEN), here's a great option for you. It bolts right to the HD bumper using factory bolts:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-license-plate-bracket-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco License plate option 1638333379224

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

and cops are ok with that? these sorts of things arent just as illegal as having no plate at all? or do you really manage to spot every cop before he spots you?

if you park in public, do you always flip it down?

OP
OP
PonyStable

PonyStable

Outer Banks
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You always put it up when parking on a city street like NYC. You put it up when when highway driving and you leave it hidden when driving around town and in low risk situations. Front license plates are ugly. It's very easy for those that don't have them to say "what's the point?" The point is we all want our expensive toys to look as good as possible.
truth is my plate is exposed most of the time but it still looks better at the bottom of the fascia than on the front bumper where it ruins the look.

90% of the time you get pulled over from behind for something other than a plate violation and it is an add-on ticket. This solves that issue.

so back to the original question, anyone know if the std bumper that comes with OBX flat enough on the Bottom that this bracket could easily be installed at a good angle?

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes indeed. If you are looking for a front plate mount (and not necessarily one that is HIDDEN), here's a great option for you. It bolts right to the HD bumper using factory bolts:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-license-plate-bracket-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Here is another option at half the price . . . this guy sells a bracket for $30, just send payment via PayPal to [email protected] with your address in the notes. There are other forums out there with plenty of customer reviews saying they like it.

bronco plate.jpeg

bronco plate 2.jpeg

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I, too, was concerned about the front license plate location but decided to chance the dealer install. I am very happy with the location on my OBX

372CBCD0-CC2B-44B9-A67A-042DCBF2ED78.jpeg

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I have this on my mustang and don't plan to go off road too much with the bronco. Does anyone who has the standard bumper think this would be a viable option?

maybe could even wire it up to an aux switch?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z6SLJT1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_0468B4YWA00BH42VXPEP

p.s. no longer my plate number that's why no blackout.
I don't think there's anywhere for the plate to "tuck" in. The bash plate would be in the way.