Sponsored

License plate plugs…for 2021 Ford colors?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco was shipped with the front plate bracket. I removed it and have two small drill holes. It’s not that bad because of dark AMB paint. I’m looking for plugs where the face is painted and they aren’t too big. Regardless of size I’m having difficulty finding in antimatter blue since it’s a newish ford color.

any leads here for a company that makes this? Or other solutions.

it doesn’t look that bad with no plugs again because of dark paint. Anything bad if I simply leave the holes open? It’s not like it’s metal and will rust
Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could get a couple of these to fit the hole and get the face painted to match

41AB5301-D6AE-4668-A05B-B938C18B093E.jpeg

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took another look. It’s honestly not that bad if left unplugged. Since it’s plastic not metal is there any harm to not putting in any plugs or cover?

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it shipped with it or did the dealer install it and claim it came that way? Form the past special orders I have done it is a dealer installed item during prep. Have requested it not installed and they always tossed it in the trunk.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was it shipped with it or did the dealer install it and claim it came that way? Form the past special orders I have done it is a dealer installed item during prep. Have requested it not installed and they always tossed it in the trunk.
I had a note on my build not to install. But they switched up sales people on me and it may have been lost in translation. I saw a couple Broncos at another local dealer with no front plates which leads me to believe they may have accidentally installed but can’t say for certain. Their service was amazing otherwise and they gave me invoice pricing. I was so happy to get the bronco that I care a lot less about this. Don’t want to send bad vibes. It is what it is at this point so trying to remedy.

the holes are on a downwards slant. And my car is almost black not white. So it’s really not that bad. There are so many things to look at on the bronco thatthe holes don’t draw too much attention.

Sponsored

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Local hardware store has black chrome button head bolts that might clean up the look...

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a gentleman on the Mach E forum that paints those black plugs to fill the license plate holes. I can find out if he is still making them.

98F0E5F2-C5D8-4E95-91D3-3775A2D97565.png

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought about the plugs been then you have a larger raised surface area that may bring more attention. My dealer installed mine and the holes really stood out on Cactus Gray. I took my time to trim the plastic down with a razor knife and filled the hole with JB weld plastic filler. That way the hole is no bigger and also not raised. will put on some touch up and probably wont be noticeable once I catch a few bugs.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just fill them and get a touch up pen, which might come in handy soon enough anyways.

Sponsored

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone has them for easy installation its these guys. They don't list amb, but they could do i’d imagine. What’s it worth to you?
https://bumperplugs.com/shop-by-make/bumperplugs-for-ford
I spoke with them yesterday but they don't have Cactus Grey (maybe they have other Bronco colors). They offered to let me into a groupbuy that would still provide a reasonably priced bumper plug. Planning to move forward with that option

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer def installed these by mistake lol. It’s my only fear if I get to receive my Bronco. Hopefully they remember not to drill for the front plate

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

YES....I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION ON THIS ALSO! Are these installed at the factory or at the Dealer. My Dealer says they are tossed in the vehicles and the Dealers install them. Another Dealer on-line was arguing that they come from the factory that way. Can we get a REAL ANSWER on this. I have it in my contract to not install the OEM front bracket as I have an aftermarket one ordered. IF it does come drilled from the factory....I might as well cancel the aftermarket order.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer def installed these by mistake lol. It’s my only fear if I get to receive my Bronco. Hopefully they remember not to drill for the front plate
I already made a big sign and gave it to my salesman to tape to the dash when it comes in. It's in my contract to not mount it. I would suggest you all do the same. IF they do it by mistake....make them pay for a new valance at their cost. After all...it was their mistake.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES....I WOULD LIKE CONFIRMATION ON THIS ALSO! Are these installed at the factory or at the Dealer. My Dealer says they are tossed in the vehicles and the Dealers install them. Another Dealer on-line was arguing that they come from the factory that way. Can we get a REAL ANSWER on this. I have it in my contract to not install the OEM front bracket as I have an aftermarket one ordered. IF it does come drilled from the factory....I might as well cancel the aftermarket order.
My dealer says they come in the Bronco when it arrives and the dealership installs them. My friend got her Bronco yesterday without it installed. Just make sure your dealer doesn’t install it.
Sponsored