Li2ardking

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not looking to start a Chevy vs Ford race war. Just here for some honest input and guidance as I am admittedly apprehensive about, not only owning my first brand new vehicle, but my first Ford at that. I always said the only vehicle to turn me away from Chevy would be the revival of a Bronco. And here we are.

A little background. My only experience with Ford is having a little brother who bought a 2013 focus and has had a nightmare with their customer service while dealing with many a recall. While I know the Focus is a wildly different vehicle than the Bronco, I'm just wondering what i can expect from the customer service side of things beyond this isolated experience. And I'm also curious about Fords reliability from actual previous owners as I've had pretty good luck with my GM vehicles. In other words I need someone to tell me its gonna be alright...

Thanks.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part of my job is to manage a fleet of emergency vehicles... Ive transitioned us to all Fords where possible, and am excited to be buying a Bronco personally.

It’ll be fine.

There’s someone on the forum who manages extended warranty claims for a ton of different manufactures, and who sees the data and knows the horror stories... and they are excited to buy a Bronco.

I’ll be fine.

It’s a massed produced vehicle so i can’t promise no one will have an issue... and I’m certain we’ll hear all about it here, but Ford is a reputable company with a strong track record and it’s in their best interest to provide you and everyone else with a good ownership experience.

It’ll be fine.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Each dealership of the blue collar brands can be hit or miss. I don't feel like you'll do better or worse on average. I worked at Nissan for four years and became acquainted with many service departments for our used cars. In our city the VW dealer had the worst service by far but like I said, any of the common brands could be good or not so great. The luxury brands are mostly all good as they have higher standards but I rarely visited them.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It will be fine - math even agrees.

Gm and Ford produce almost identical products in regards to quality and reliability. This isn’t 1975, no one has the secret sauce to make a better car - I promise.
Even Kia is good these days. Mass communication and the internet has essentially leveled the playing field..

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have owned ford’s and chevy’s. Have a 2020 Zr2 right now. I have zero hesitation in buying another Ford.

All major domestics have had their low points including Chevy.

OP
OP

Li2ardking

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a few Fords and a few GMCs. Then the big reveal of the all new Blazer!!!

Ford Bronco Lifelong Chevrolet Owner Getting Cold Feet 1606881412651

Just another crappy crossover. Took its styling clues from Mitsubishi...
The "blazer" truly broke my heart and made me realize Chevy will never take chances on a real revival of a body on frame SUV. Which turned me to the Bronco even more.

OP
OP

Li2ardking

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Part of my job is to manage a fleet of emergency vehicles... Ive transitioned us to all Fords where possible, and am excited to be buying a Bronco personally.

It’ll be fine.

There’s someone on the forum who manages extended warranty claims for a ton of different manufactures, and who sees the data and knows the horror stories... and they are excited to buy a Bronco.

I’ll be fine.

It’s a massed produced vehicle so i can’t promise no one will have an issue... and I’m certain we’ll hear all about it here, but Ford is a reputable company with a strong track record and it’s in their best interest to provide you and everyone else with a good ownership experience.

It’ll be fine.
Thanks. Looking into this now.

OP
OP

Li2ardking

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have owned ford’s and chevy’s. Have a 2020 Zr2 right now. I have zero hesitation in buying another Ford.

All major domestics have had their low points including Chevy.
Right. Gotta remind myself you roll the dice no matter what brand you choose. Thanks.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I own a 2014 focus with most likely the same workings as your younger brother, and I wont sugar coat it, that transmission sucks. I love the car besides the transmission. For a little background, its a 6 speed dry DCT. It has bad seals, cracks in the TCM (which needs a reprogramming to fix), and the clutches were made of the wrong material or a cheap one.) It was new and exclusive to the focus/fiesta as of 2011. Its It shudders, randomly down shifts way to low sometimes, jerks, and all those problems are worse in stop and go driving. On the plus side, its nimble, quick for what it is, comfortable, and efficient. They extended the warranty 10 more years as of 2018 and 100k miles on the transmission because of how prone it is to failures and issues. Some people have no issues, some people have what i have with it, and some people need complete replacements. I've taken it in 3 times for a transmission module reprogram, and it helps every time, but the issues always come back. Obviously I would love if ford would just replace the transmission with a regular 6 speed auto but that would be a logistical nightmare, and extremely expensive for a small car that depreciates like crazy. (If they did that I would not be getting a Bronco) So with all that being said, I would not judge Ford's quality or reliability solely based on the focus, especially since its only problem is the transmission. The 10 speed auto in the Bronco has been proven in many f150's and ford SUVS.

Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I switched to Ram after owning an F150 for almost 15 years and couldn't be happier. I bought the vehicle with that most capability and my Ram Power Wagon offered a superior product to the competition by a large margin(not unlike the bronco).

I think the majority of complaints you read on the internet are a combo of made up here-say, living in the past or squeaky wheel is going to be heard situation. You can find complaints on basically every product if you look hard enough.

Just do your research the best you can on the vehicle that is most capable and meets your needs, perform basic maintenance and then just hope you don't get a lemon. That's about all you can do these days. I think the toyotas made in Japan are the only car company that legitimately offers a superior build quality. It's not like the union workers for gm are awesome while the Ford union workers suck. It's the same general pool of candidates, materials and processes building today's vehicles.

If you are seriously concerned about build quality then I would just get a 4 runner.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a few Fords and a few GMCs. Then the big reveal of the all new Blazer!!!

Ford Bronco Lifelong Chevrolet Owner Getting Cold Feet 1606881412651

Just another crappy crossover. Took its styling clues from Mitsubishi...
Wonder if it has a crawler gear LOL

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not looking to start a Chevy vs Ford race war. Just here for some honest input and guidance as I am admittedly apprehensive about, not only owning my first brand new vehicle, but my first Ford at that. I always said the only vehicle to turn me away from Chevy would be the revival of a Bronco. And here we are.

A little background. My only experience with Ford is having a little brother who bought a 2013 focus and has had a nightmare with their customer service while dealing with many a recall. While I know the Focus is a wildly different vehicle than the Bronco, I'm just wondering what i can expect from the customer service side of things beyond this isolated experience. And I'm also curious about Fords reliability from actual previous owners as I've had pretty good luck with my GM vehicles. In other words I need someone to tell me its gonna be alright...

Thanks.
I have a friend who's an engineer at Ford and he believes they always over engineer their trucks.
Of course, that was speaking of F150, 250, 350, and larger trucks.
The only thing that makes me more nervous than anything on the Bronco is the longevity of the engines on the Bronco. I'm concerned about the complex IFC - Integrated Front Cover, not to mention the dual turbos on the 2.7 L engine, which could be troublesome after a while

IFC acts as a structural member that connects the major components of the engine. With its integrated water pump, oil passages for cam phasing, oil cooler, oil filter, and accessory drive components, the IFC arrives at the plant preassembled, streamlining the production process.

Streamlining the production doesn't always translate to reliability and ease of repair and maintenance for the customer.

See more details:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/ca...d-2-7-liter-twin-turbo-ecoboost-v-6-16723072/

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your changing lifelong brand on a brand new first year truck that has had delay after delay ,sketchy complicated powerplants with multi turbos ,most builds coming in around 50 thousand , what could go wrong?

Just messing with ya i dont like how complicated the engines are but i have faith in the ford warranty it will proabably be fine.
Sponsored