Sponsored

Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After driving our FE and comparing to my non-SAS BL, I'm worried putting the leveling kit or 1-2" lift, is doing to kill the handling. My BL is absolutely on rails and rides like a freaking dream and I don't want to do something that will f it up.

Looking for real feedback from anyone who has done a level kit or lift and how it affected the ride and steering. 85 handles like 55 and I don't want to trade stance for crappy steering. The FE with SAS was not fun to drive and I'm going to blame the tires and hwy we were on but if changing the suspension geometry is going to cause this, I'm not going to do it.

In keeping with forum tradition have your says below and call me a dumbass for buying a Bronco. Go! :D
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Subbed

Deleted member 21681

I’d be interested in this answer too. More specifically, I just reordered and decided to sas my previously non-sas Badlands. Aside from MT vs AT (i plan on switching to nitto ridge grapplers, or similar), am I screwing up ride quality as a daily driver?
Sas definitely has the cool factor and would be handy when I get down to red river gorge, but most of this vehicle’s miles will be getting me to and from my office.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be interested in this answer too. More specifically, I just reordered and decided to sas my previously non-sas Badlands. Aside from MT vs AT (i plan on switching to nitto ridge grapplers, or similar), am I screwing up ride quality as a daily driver?
Sas definitely has the cool factor and would be handy when I get down to red river gorge, but most of this vehicle’s miles will be getting me to and from my office.
This is a personal thing but it felt like SAS required more steering correction, like fighting a crosswind than non-SAS. I'm very satisfied with handling and ride right now but would like to level or lift should I decide on different tires at some point.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d agree it’s a lot of the tires. There’s a reason the trims below and above the First Edition use BFGoodrich KO2’s

I don’t detect much body roll on the non-Sasquatch Badlands. It feels quite planted.

Sponsored

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2in lift on 35in Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I've noticed a bit of a difference, not much, and certainly not anything to make me rethink my decision. But prior to the lift/larger tires, my Bronco road like a middle to lower high end car. I guess it boils down to your expectations and what you're comfortable with tolerating.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanting to know if I can run 35s on my stock wheels after a 1" Zone leveling kit and crash bar removal. If not the SAS GYs, what can I run without rub?

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanting to know if I can run 35s on my stock wheels after a 1" Zone leveling kit and crash bar removal. If not the SAS GYs, what can I run without rub?
I did a zone level on my SAS BL, and i dont notice a difference in ride quality or steering honestly

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a zone level on my SAS BL, and i dont notice a difference in ride quality or steering honestly
I want to go from non SAS to a faux SAS with my stock wheels and some version of a 35. I love the BFGs that came on it but wanted to try a bigger tire for all of the mall crawling. Actually, I just want to go to the small park down the road with a couple other forum members and not look like a poser. LOL

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are the alignment specs out?

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to go from non SAS to a faux SAS with my stock wheels and some version of a 35. I love the BFGs that came on it but wanted to try a bigger tire for all of the mall crawling. Actually, I just want to go to the small park down the road with a couple other forum members and not look like a poser. LOL
I have raptor takeoff BFGs 315/c load, sitting in a stack. Stock badlands handles so well. It’s like an overgrown Focus RS. Dakar Rally Bronco, if you will. I wasn’t going to lift. But after all my gear is loaded an weighing me down, may be necessary…. Just to get back to ride height. I have a rear cargo slide, fridge and compressor out back… and will have a winch when a plate I like is available. I feel like the 1-2” will have me back to unloaded ride height.

I love love love KO2s because they are a Swiss Army knife, but I want mud tires for trail days. Ideally KO2s go on light wheels like the RTR for daily, with muds and rings on my optional beadlock wheels.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your BL has more articulation than the FE. Are you willing to sacrifice that?
I'd say leave it as is, put some 285/75/17s in your preferred tire and drive it until you are ready to put a real lift that increase articulation instead of just making it taller. Spacers are not the way to go in the long run.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say leave it as is, put some 285/75/17s in your preferred tire and drive it until you are ready to put a real lift that increase articulation instead of just making it taller. Spacers are not the way to go in the long run.
Only OR stuff I may do is a few local parks. No rock crawling or anything of that nature.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might have to print that chart out for the alignment shop. I forsee many aftermarket alignment places screwing that up with different setting for different trims.

Increased articulation (and a manual transmission) was one of my reasons for not going SAS. Unfortunately the choice of C load rated tires in 285/75R17 is very limited to just three tires. Of those I would go with the Open Country AT/3, but they are not my first choice.

Ford Bronco Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering? DF06BDDD-A2F8-4A09-93A6-3C5DCCDDE783

Ford Bronco Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering? 4DB72014-2180-49E6-B6B1-A2039CD129E2
Sponsored