Sponsored

Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly a lot of the ride quality comes down to the lift kit. There is a reason some lift kits are less than $1k while others are several thousand. I had a BDS 6" lift with Fox adjustable coil overs on my truck and it rode like a dream and handled really well off road. Had others with RC lifts that rode like shit, but that was expected from a $100 kit. Get good components and suspension it will still handle well.
Sponsored

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you. I had initially planned on lifting my non-sasquatch badlands and doing 37s, but after driving around on it for a few weeks I don't want to touch it. The non-sasquatch is absolutely perfect. I redirected all my suspension money into my first gen Tacoma with long travel. That will be my hardcore offroader for the next couple of years. Maybe in a few years after it doesnt ride as nice and tight I'll touch the bronco, but for now it'd be a waste to touch what is no doubt the best stock offroad suspension and steering ever made. My friend's First Edition doesnt ride as nice and tight, and its more than just tire selection.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, Phil. Interesting to note is the Overland series and Heritage Standard. I wonder what the Wildtrack Upgrade series is as opposed to the earlier Wildtrak listed in the first row? Any insight into the Adrenaline Rush Package?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might have to print that chart out for the alignment shop. I forsee many aftermarket alignment places screwing that up with different setting for different trims.

Increased articulation (and a manual transmission) was one of my reasons for not going SAS. Unfortunately the choice of C load rated tires in 285/75R17 is very limited to just three tires. Of those I would go with the Open Country AT/3, but they are not my first choice.

DF06BDDD-A2F8-4A09-93A6-3C5DCCDDE783.png

4DB72014-2180-49E6-B6B1-A2039CD129E2.png
I wouldn’t limit myself to C rated tires and in fact didn’t. I put E rated tires on at the dealer and they ride just fine. Proper PSI and quality tires are a bigger factor than the load rating.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t limit myself to C rated tires and in fact didn’t. I put E rated tires on at the dealer and they ride just fine. Proper PSI and quality tires are a bigger factor than the load rating.
I disagree that load rating isn’t a significant factor, but to each their own. As I stated in another tire thread, plenty of people will run E rated tires and be fine with them. My personal experience was poor. E rated BFG AT’s made my Titan ride terribly, I swapped back to the same tire in C and all was well. My buddy just tried a set of E rated BFG AT’s on his Tacoma, he couldn’t get them removed soon enough.

Ford could spec whatever they want for the Bronco, Raptor, etc, they have special load range C tires made for the Raptor and Bronco. Jeep does the same thing for their Wranglers and Gladiators. The engineers are onto something.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I disagree that load rating isn’t a significant factor, but to each their own. As I stated in another tire thread, plenty of people will run E rated tires and be fine with them. My personal experience was poor. E rated BFG AT’s made my Titan ride terribly, I swapped back to the same tire in C and all was well. My buddy just tried a set of E rated BFG AT’s on his Tacoma, he couldn’t get them removed soon enough.

Ford could spec whatever they want for the Bronco, Raptor, etc, they have special load range C tires made for the Raptor and Bronco. Jeep does the same thing for their Wranglers and Gladiators. The engineers are onto something.
Yep, to each his own. I wouldn’t consider BFGs to be my gold standard on what matters and what doesn’t, but as long as you are happy with your self imposed limitations, that’s all that matters.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, Phil. Interesting to note is the Overland series and Heritage Standard. I wonder what the Wildtrack Upgrade series is as opposed to the earlier Wildtrak listed in the first row? Any insight into the Adrenaline Rush Package?
Adrenaline Rush is the original name for Sasquatch. By the looks of this the original plan for SAS was a tad different on trim availability.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have done two lifts so far, and will most likely do at least one more :)

First one 4WP level lift spacers. no noticeable change in ride quality handling or anything else, rode the same just a small difference in position due to removing rake first few miles.

Second one, 4 inch BDS/Zone Lift BDS Upper control arms, and Zone 4 inch puck lift with repositioned pre load. This did seem to stiffen the ride up a bit. There was a noticeable difference in turning as the uniball in the UCA is much stiffer than the OEM ball joint. Also it did seem to make the suspension a little more stiff.

If you are just adding a small level lift spacer lift its not going to change much if anything , if you start swapping out components, then well they are going to make a change, THat being said they are not bad changes just changes you will feel, I will swap out the coils for some after market coilovers at some point, which I would expect to also make a difference but it still rides smoothly down the road.

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed a Zone leveling kit and 35x10.5 Kenda's on the stock upgraded BL wheels and haven't noticed any difference in ride or handling. I had about 1000 miles on the stock BFG's and have put almost 600 on the Kenda's. No rubbing at all, crash bars are removed.

Ford Bronco Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering? IMG_20211119_104026

IMG_20211118_105336.jpg

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without a doubt raising/lifting will change the handling. You are raising the COG which is going to impact the handling. Depending on how you go about the lift will determine how much impact it will have. Everything will have a trade off. Stiffer sidewalls can improve the handling but negatively affect the ride. Same goes for springs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed a Zone leveling kit and 35x10.5 Kenda's on the stock upgraded BL wheels and haven't noticed any difference in ride or handling. I had about 1000 miles on the stock BFG's and have put almost 600 on the Kenda's. No rubbing at all, crash bars are removed.

Ford Bronco Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering? IMG_20211118_105336

Ford Bronco Lift affecting anyone's handling, ride, steering? IMG_20211118_105336
This is what I'm looking for.

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I'm looking for.
Couldn't beat the tires for the price either, around $950 for all 5. Been driving it in the snow we've been getting here in Michigan and very happy with the tires. Highly recommend.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would check the tire pressures in the SAS vehicle. if they're overinflated and riding just on the center strip of the tire, the vehicle will have a skittish handling quality
Sponsored