Lift kit for 6th gen 4Runner -- retrofit TRD Pro / Trailhunter suspensions?

4running

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner SR5
As I read @ggrant20's post in another thread about the 2025 4Runner Trailhunter OME Old Man Emu suspension and the TRD Pro Fox suspension, both which give them about 2" inches lift, it got me thinking ahead about lift kits...

There'll be plenty of aftermarket lift kits and level kits available but would it make more sense in terms of cost and performance to install the Old Man Emu or Fox suspension from the Trailhunter or TRD Pro.

ggrant20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Forester XT
As I read @ggrant20's post in another thread about the 2025 4Runner Trailhunter OME suspension and the TRD Pro Fox suspension, both which give them about 2" inches lift, it got me thinking ahead about lift kits...

There'll be plenty of aftermarket lift kits and level kits available but would it make more sense in terms of cost and performance to install the Old Man Emu or Fox suspension from the Trailhunter or TRD Pro.
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. Old Man Emu was going to be the first place I looked because I've liked them in general, so if they offer the same one as the Trailhunter or a comparable kit that'd be awesome.

Performing better will always depend who you ask and it'd probably be more expensive than other kits, but I'd lean that way knowing it was developed alongside Toyota because it inherently meets their own standards.

ivmarsic

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4-Runner Limited
I’m sure it will be an easy retrofit if not a direct fit but definitely more expensive going with OEM Fox/OME suspension versus aftermarket. I ended up throwing on a used set of the fox suspension from a 2021 trd pro on my 2015 Limited a year ago. I much preferred the ride quality of the fox suspension after trying two other aftermarket options.