Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
Thought about this as I see all the anger with the fact that 'supposedly' Ford is not allowing the squatch package with the manual transmission. With that said....

Does anyone have an opinion as to how soon we might see lift kits available for the new Bronco? I've already checked Skyjacker & Rancho and of course nothing. But if you didn't want to drop the money on the squatch package (and wasn't too worried about your warranty) but wanted to lift and choose your own tires for it, at least it'd be something to consider. Obviously would be nice to get an idea on lift prices as well.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends whether Ford allows access or shares engineering data with certain aftermarket companies. It seems like they are partnering with ARB (for other accessories) for example, so it's conceivable to see something from a partner very close or concurrent with the production vehicle actually being delivered (next year).

As far as other companies, like Skyjacker, Rough Country, etc... they may need to get their hands on a purchased one first and then engineer something. In that case the some companies will probably try to get something to market the fastest to capitalize on the vacant market... depending on their resources and how they build the parts, we could see their kits before the end of next year... The bigger name companies may spend more time engineering and testing, or manufacturing could take time (ramping up in-house production vs. outsourcing) which means it could be at least a year to get them to market.

EDIT:: I should add that the first scenarios are complicated because sometimes these partnerships result in OEM rebranded equipment (see also: MOPAR and AEV), or they may have the aftermarket company agree to hold of releasing their product as to not cannibalize factory upgrades sales... or they may encourage concurrent aftermarket releases to encourage people to buy a Bronco who might otherwise be worried there won't be aftermarket support (like Jeep has).

So I guess... to answer your question: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thought about this as I see all the anger with the fact that 'supposedly' Ford is not allowing the squatch package with the manual transmission. With that said....

Does anyone have an opinion as to how soon we might see lift kits available for the new Bronco? I've already checked Skyjacker & Rancho and of course nothing. But if you didn't want to drop the money on the squatch package (and wasn't too worried about your warranty) but wanted to lift and choose your own tires for it, at least it'd be something to consider. Obviously would be nice to get an idea on lift prices as well.
Going to be interesting to see if any factory lift options will be made available in the oft touted "200+ accessories" we will have to choose from. Or maybe a Ford provided lift kit that's dealer installed.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Jalopnik: https://jalopnik.com/an-extremely-detailed-look-into-the-ford-broncos-engine-1844389830

Quote from Ford confirms working with aftermarket:
“In the front, yeah, with the IFS, basically... you can either just do the re-trim—the ride height adjustment, which folks... do with F-Series and Raptor,” Groves told me. When I asked him what he meant by re-trim, he answered: “People will put taller springs in... and sacrifice a bit of rebound travel to get a bit more height and clearance.” This could allow them to go up to the next tire size, and get the look they want.

But for those who don’t want to sacrifice rebound travel or who want even more lift, the next step is to install longer control arms.

“The next step is putting longer arms on the truck with, again, kind of the—think of it like the Raptor versus standard F-Series way of handling the ride height increase and the tire package increase. And we’ve got partners that we’re working within the aftermarket where stuff like that’s gonna be available,” Groves said.

The point, there, is to keep the CV joint angles close to the same as stock. “If the CV joints maintain common angles, but you go wider, then by geometry, you get more height and travel,” he told me.

“That’ll get us so far, and then the guys that really want to go all-in, they’ll do portal [axles].”

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I posted a little something in one of the other threads more to this point. So here Is how I look at it...........

“The next step is putting longer arms on the truck with, again, kind of the—think of it like the Raptor versus standard F-Series way of handling the ride height increase and the tire package increase. And we’ve got partners that we’re working within the aftermarket where stuff like that’s gonna be available,” Groves said.

This is what I call a mid lift 2" - 3.5", depending on model. Its is mainly just redesigned front upper a-arms for more down travel and longer coil overs, in the rear most apps are leaf spring so it is either add a leaf, blocks, or shackles ( most common) and longer shocks. About 1500 clams, if you are wondering about price. Now a lot of people go the "inexpensive" route and go with what is called a leveling or spacer lift. Just a spacer for the top of the stock coil over. This gets you about 2.5 at the most. Add a block to the back. Or in other terms the "redneck" mid lift. Don't get me wrong the arms and longer coil overs are the way it should be done, it is a whole geometry thing, I am just putting it out there for all to understand a little better. The engineers can elaborate on that, I'm a simple man, I just know how shit works mechanically. The big picture here is THIS is what I believe is on the yellow, holey door, light bar galore, BIG meaty tires Bronco has on it............ 2" lift and 37's.

I am torn on how to get into a Bronco, keep in mind I am an off road enthusiast and don't care about fancy stuff I am pure function.

Base, Sasquatch, 7M or go for the Badlands to get the disconnect as well as vinyl seats and rubber floors. But with all this stuff coming out now I don't know what to do. we need pricing and facts of what you can do and what you can't do. This forum has just gone BONKERS, I expected it but damn I get lost around here now, I'm an old guy. HAHAHA. Back to my point, now I might just get the Base, Sasquatch, and 2.7/auto to get the front dig, trail control and 4A, but loose two goats and a disconnect and just save my pennies for a mid lift and Godzilla transplant. Don't think I can swing the badlands with a 2/7auto option gotta' be close to 50K or more.

Back to weeding through my options ......................

Sponsored

Yo_itsjimbo

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm really interested to see what companies like Bajakits, Camburg, Total Chaos etc do in regards to long travel prerunner kits and chase kits. I can see the Bronco being a complete monster in the desert!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe ford will offer the high clearance lift from Sasquatc, otherwise in time there will be a TON of aftermarket for the Bronco

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I posted a little something in one of the other threads more to this point. So here Is how I look at it...........

This is what I call a mid lift 2" - 3.5", depending on model. Its is mainly just redesigned front upper a-arms for more down travel and longer coil overs, in the rear most apps are leaf spring so it is either add a leaf, blocks, or shackles ( most common) and longer shocks. About 1500 clams, if you are wondering about price. Now a lot of people go the "inexpensive" route and go with what is called a leveling or spacer lift. Just a spacer for the top of the stock coil over. This gets you about 2.5 at the most. Add a block to the back. Or in other terms the "redneck" mid lift. Don't get me wrong the arms and longer coil overs are the way it should be done, it is a whole geometry thing, I am just putting it out there for all to understand a little better. The engineers can elaborate on that, I'm a simple man, I just know how shit works mechanically. The big picture here is THIS is what I believe is on the yellow, holey door, light bar galore, BIG meaty tires Bronco has on it............ 2" lift and 37's.

I am torn on how to get into a Bronco, keep in mind I am an off road enthusiast and don't care about fancy stuff I am pure function.

Base, Sasquatch, 7M or go for the Badlands to get the disconnect as well as vinyl seats and rubber floors. But with all this stuff coming out now I don't know what to do. we need pricing and facts of what you can do and what you can't do. This forum has just gone BONKERS, I expected it but damn I get lost around here now, I'm an old guy. HAHAHA. Back to my point, now I might just get the Base, Sasquatch, and 2.7/auto to get the front dig, trail control and 4A, but loose two goats and a disconnect and just save my pennies for a mid lift and Godzilla transplant. Don't think I can swing the badlands with a 2/7auto option gotta' be close to 50K or more.

Haven’t had a look at the sway bar links to see if long enough to put disconnecting links in. This is the key to build or Badlands in my mind.

Of course if you want 6MT and 4.7’s there is only one option.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base

Base, Sasquatch, 7M or go for the Badlands

Not to be a dream crusher but I thought the 7m couldn't be had with the Sasquatch. At least thats what the latest roaring is about, aside from interior colors :rolleyes:

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to be a dream crusher but I thought the 7m couldn't be had with the Sasquatch. At least thats what the latest roaring is about, aside from interior colors :rolleyes:
it can't. the sasquatch i believe has all the off road bits included. this mean trail assist, and all the electronic gizmos that are programmed for an auto trans. at least thats my thought behind it.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
it can't. the sasquatch i believe has all the off road bits included. this mean trail assist, and all the electronic gizmos that are programmed for an auto trans. at least thats my thought behind it.
Its a shame because we were sorta hyped up (Self caused or not) about having "Options" yet the packages and trims still seem to force our hands. For example, How hard would it be to offer vinyl seats/floors as a option?

That being said, i'm looking forward to the aftermarket with a electric or torsen style front end if I cant get a factory front locker and keep the manual.

As for lifts, I have had good luck with arb/bilstein combos on my jeeps. Icon seems to do nice work as well and since they already do aftermarket arms for other trucks, travel shouldn't be a problem.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LMAO you sound like a crazy old man who just rambles on without reason, that's awesome.
And thanks for dummy'ing it up for me. Last time I did a lift was on my '84 Bronco (Rough Country lift cuz I was poor back then). Came with an add-a-leaf (rear), new coil springs, new shocks and a bracket or 2. Obviously TTB a bit different than IFS (which I know nothing about).

I'm just hoping to see some prices (before ordering launch) to be able to decide if I go with the squatch package (with Goodyear tires :() or... if price can be close, do my own aftermarket lift and maybe get a set of BFG's or Nitto's.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven’t had a look at the sway bar links to see if long enough to put disconnecting links in. This is the key to build or Badlands in my mind.

Of course if you want 6MT and 4.7’s there is only one option.

Yeah I don't quite understand the whole badlands thing you can get 4A with a stick, and the squatchy stuff standard but not the 35's Very confusing why they option things like this. I guess they want every "off-road guy" to buy a badlands to get all the good stuff. Problem with that is price. I'm not single anymore and my name is not Loren Healy. HAHHAHA.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, when I realized that my plans changed and thought I should take a step back and review things and try to figure it all out.

Which is why I posted this.........

Base, Sasquatch, 7M or go for the Badlands to get the disconnect as well as vinyl seats and rubber floors. But with all this stuff coming out now I don't know what to do. we need pricing and facts of what you can do and what you can't do.
The way they put all the info out on reveal night sounded awesome now they are backtracking and saying "oh yeah, by the way .... can't do this, doesn't come that way, etc" but on reveal night it was "class leading" , "you can get", etc. I have seen this a lot the old bait and switch.
Sponsored