Sponsored

Lift kits.... Why do most of them feel incomplete?

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've been looking around for a decent lift kit to work with my Badlands while I wait to see what other systems come out that can surpass the wheel travel/articulation that my Badlands already has.
There's the zone adventure series kit with the cast metal control arms and a seemingly thought out spacer lift. But no track bar relocate. This kit looks ok to me, But I'd like better tubular control arms like maybe the icon ones with the delta joint, and a track bar relocate. The uniball set up that most others have, well where I am with so much rain and grit isn't really sustainable long time on a daily driver.

Then there's the icon kit. But it's JUST the spacers. I could get their control arms separate. But again no track bar relocate.

There's also fabtech kit. But again, uniball control arms and regular spacer kit set up that I don't like as much as the zone. But does have the track bar relocate.

Non of them have diff drops, except maybe rough country... But that's another whole thing.

Why is it so difficult to find a reasonable priced kit that addresses everything. Short of buying 2-3 kits and picking and choosing what I want from each lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Icon has an adjustable rear track bar as well as trailing arms and is about to have several new coilovers.

To answer your question though, most are still in development for full kits. A year from now we will have a lot more options.

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Icon has an adjustable rear track bar as well as trailing arms and is about to have several new coilovers.

To answer your question though, most are still in development for full kits. A year from now we will have a lot more options.
Yeah maybe I'll wind up putting together an Icon kit. Kinda surprised they haven't put a kit together themselves with their delta joint control arms, spacer lift kit, and the adjustable track bar. But everything seems to be on backorder and out of stock right now.

@Dusty at ICON what y'all got over there? Lol

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just ordered the icon spacer lift for my sas, maybe after a year I could do a hole bigger kit once people get them out.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered the icon spacer lift for my sas, maybe after a year I could do a hole bigger kit once people get them out.
I opted to put the Badlands Bilstein coilovers on my BD and figure in a year when the choices are better to upgrade. If one finds takeoffs, it’s an easy upgrade for $1000 or less to hold you over.

I want a mid travel setup and hope there will be some good options down the road. Hopefully a year out will give us all more options.
Sponsored

Last edited: