Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

Hey we are not rock crawlers in the south, this is what we do !
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone who thinks splashing through deep water and mud is a good idea had better have deep pockets. These hi tech rigs don’t like to get wet.
I suggest checking out the episode of Truck Night in America when the Busch brothers demonstrate this point by killing a Raptor and TRD Tundra.
Excellent Point

For those that haven't had the benefit of a US Military Education and Experience, here are two manuals you should read if your want to play in the mud and your Sippi Hole gets a little too deep or you get a wild notion to drive through a creek.
Most people buy a snorkel for their 4×4's to look cool but they don't understand how to use them correctly

Ford Bronco Lifted OBX mud stuck from the jump. Black diamond says- hold my beer! 41A9cryjgBL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255
Ford Bronco Lifted OBX mud stuck from the jump. Black diamond says- hold my beer! images

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video showed the performance of a driver and not the performance of the outer banks. That is what people are objecting to, I think.
Your assessment is correct. I too was new to off-roading once upon a time (30 years ago) and have since wheeled just about every type of terrain in the US, southern mud, slickrock in UT, slimey narrow PNW trails, SoCal deserts, rocky CA and CO trails at 10,000’ and above. So any criticisms that have been posted were most likely from other experienced off road drivers as well. Each type of terrain requires a different skill/rig setup.

The point is that if you’re new to off-roading, which many members appear to be, take the criticisms from the experienced members that have been there, done that, broke their rigs and learn from their costly mistakes and the safe way to off-road. Off-roading is not a point and shoot affair and the comments of “ignore the criticisms, it’s your Bronco, do what you want and have fun” is a bit concerning.

Driving off-road takes a lot more skill than driving on road since you will encounter things that you may not have ever dealt with before. Take an actual off-road driving course, or better yet, find an off-road club in your area that are experienced with the local terrain and go on trail rides with them…what you will learn is invaluable and real world and could be the difference between a simple ‘oopsie I’m stuck’ haha moment vs. losing control, hooking a rut and flipping your rig or over throttling and running over the camera guy or another bystander injuring or killing them.

This by no means is a statement of stay home and don’t enjoy your Bronco, but I’ve seen too many instances on the trails that started out as an easy fun day, end with Life Flight showing up or a vehicle having to be recovered 10 miles in from the nearest paved road, neither are cheap alternatives.

Last edited:

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it could have been but the strap itself had no give at all under tension.
The soft loops might just lend itself to easy attachment.
I may be wrong here, but that's what I saw at a quick glance.
The two 30K pound recovery straps I bought from Tractor Supply have no give either. It’s not a snatch strap. But it’s held up to *many* recoveries of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks over the past 5 years. The other one I have is still in the packaging. Never needed it.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The two 30K pound recovery straps I bought from Tractor Supply have no give either. It’s not a snatch strap. But it’s held up to *many* recoveries of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks over the past 5 years. The other one I have is still in the packaging. Never needed it.
I had great experience with Bubba ropes.
Easier on the vehicles as well its seems.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like if you’re on top of a mountain, you find a trail to descend, rather than drive off a cliff.
True but the cliff makes for a much better story.

4C940EB1-83BB-4E6E-81CA-6CE44E9D5931.gif

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great video really enjoy seeing the fun your family is having! I also appreciate you are novices and putting it out there and hopefully motivating other folks to give it a shot! Your wife just saved the oh sh!t comment when she got stuck...good job!

The only thing that made me cringe was the barefoot guy walking into the mud...I thought oh man their are probably sharp nasty pieces of previous vehicles in there! Not me!

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

i would have tried to drive it out at least tried some

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would have tried to drive it out at least tried some
I always warn my wife that most of the times in the past that I have broken things is when trying to get out of situations. We decided we would shut it down early if we had available resources such as a snatch strap and a buddy. We do not have lockers and while we have a level and 35s we do not have the ground clearance of a jeep or truck on 40s that run these trails.

Granted, deep down inside I wanted to jump in and get that thing free. Since the Bronco is her I let her do 99.8% of the driving.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So many bad driving techniques in this video!

1) Never charge into a pit without first knowing how deep it is and if there is boulder waiting underneath to rip out your drivetrain. Hopefully they had previously checked?

2) Driver is always supposed to be responsible for hooking up their own extraction rigging so that you know it is secured properly.

3) Snatch strap should always be laid flat, not twisted and then only apply tension/force as needed, not hit the gas and jerk on the first pull, plus was the driver even in gear and ready to go when the pull was made? Didn’t hear any driver to driver communication.

4) Never run over the strap! This can put small cuts and abrasions in the fibers that can lead to a failure over time.

Also…where did they get three Broncos to go play at the same time, and what’s with the Geo Metro or Subaru in the background with kayaks on top that seems to be going wherever they go? 🤷‍♂️ LOL
Was I just watching a reality TV show?
Was this Season 1 Episode 1 "Things Not To Do When Off Roading"?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I remember when Bronco was first announced and I saw steelies on Black Diamond I scoffed at them and thought they were ugly and a cost-saving measure. I don't know what changed but over time I've absolutely fallen in love with how those black ones look
For real. Im just mad you cant get steel wheels and lockers, pretty dumb if you ask me. Hell I wouldnt mind if they just added beadlocks to the steels for squatch.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always warn my wife that most of the times in the past that I have broken things is when trying to get out of situations. We decided we would shut it down early if we had available resources such as a snatch strap and a buddy. We do not have lockers and while we have a level and 35s we do not have the ground clearance of a jeep or truck on 40s that run these trails.

Granted, deep down inside I wanted to jump in and get that thing free. Since the Bronco is her I let her do 99.8% of the driving.
From my experience having the kids jump ship might have worked if she wanted to keep trying. I would go wheeling in a CJ and get bogged down then tell my freinds to get out or atleast stand in the back and bounce it up and down. Sometimes stuff like that works. If its not bound up you can try a little back and forth or just to one side on the steering wheel. To grab the edge of a rut. You will learn as you go. You dont have to follow all the rules, like some on here insist. Since everything you did was apparently wrong lol. If something doesnt seem safe or a little off think about it and discuss it with your wife and the kids. They will come up with ideas too. Another thing is that I would consider a winch or swampers aswell. Either one is a godsend in the mud when you dont have lockers. But yall are having a good time and that is what matters.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great video guys!! I've been following you since you got the wheels for the Bronco that you still didn't have yet.

My only issue is the it was too short!! You guys can do 15-20 min videos with this kind of adventures!

Keep enjoying your Bronco!! Hopefully we soon going start enjoying the same way anytime soon!

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These folks are having fun that is what matters. I would rather watch 100 videos like this over a bunch of slow walkers bumbling through a pile of small rocks in a hot dry desert. The only thing they missed here is river bank climbing. Back in Ohio we would go down to the flood plain, stomp out the holes between the tree clumps and climb the steep river banks. Fun on a bun!

I just have one word for the party of 5. Deeper and MORE!

Yes yes yes to all of this. Not everyone who is getting this machine is into driving slow on rocks.
Sponsored