Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooooo
Is it a common in Florida to not wear seat belts when 4wheeling?
It's fairly common everywhere. I was going to say I could drive my Focus down that trail and then I saw a car on it.... so I would hazard a guess not to call that "4 wheeling" and more like minimum maintenance road blasting. Either way, fun was being had.

Rookies are rookies, everyone starts there and can always learn and grow. I'm happy to see that they had proper recovery gear - being twisted has no effect on strength, actually getting the strap wet actually lowered it's capacity. This video will illustrate what I'm talking about, but as long as there isn't a knot in the strap you've hooked up to a strong part of the vehicle you're totally fine.

Big note though - ALWAYS hook up your own gear or have someone who is very familiar with your rig hook up your recovery gear. ALWAYS inspect the strap before pulling and realize you are now tethered to another vehicle and sometimes people do what you wouldn't expect. I've had people have me pull them out with their strap only for it to be shoddy, break and damage my vehicle. On the flip side I've pulled people out of ditches and explained before hand what to do only for them to drive across lanes of traffic with a 30k strap attached to both of us now in front of traffic. This isn't as important with modern vehicles with clean and obvious tow points, but the last thing you want someone doing is ripping off a bumper or causing needless damage due to ignorance.

Keep on posting, can't wait for my Badlands to show up so I can wheel the piss out of it. I'm fairly impressed how clean the insides of the vehicle stayed while blasting through those puddles.
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's fairly common everywhere.
Not in the area's where I wheel, and if we see that, we tell people to hook up.
Too easy to get seriously hurt.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

Director: Shooting "Stuck In Mud"
Scene Take 1
Director: "OK camera 1 on dad putting twisty pull rope and tying it to front bumper of stuck in mud Bronco. Camera 2 cut to wife's "Lucy" face once dad rips the front bumper off Bronco. Camera 3 cut to kids doing the "home alone" OMG face. Action !!!!!!!!!
Director: And scene. That's a rap. First take.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, me too. Most of the comparisons I've seen focus on the basic trims, and in that respect, the OBX looks inferior. However, they never mention that it's the lowest priced trim Ford offers that allows you to add a high package and non-Sas 4A. Those items would be extremely expensive to add aftermarket, and upgrading your trim to get them gets pricey fast. You can upgrade the gearing, add a rear locker, steel bumper and bash plates, etc. to an OBX without Sasquatching it, and add even more aftermarket parts later on. It's a great deal, I think.
We probably should just stay quiet about this and let everyone think that we really purchased Mall Crawlers. ;)

Reactions: sjp

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

Yeah me too! I didnt want to like them...lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah me too! I didnt want to like them...lol
They seem genuine to me. Not sure why all the fuss about “acting”. I hope they do well. I think they are the only ones really documenting day to day activities with the Bronco. I made up my mind to subscribe when I was cracking up at the video where she got stuck in the rain with no doors. Don’t think you can really stage that.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There having fun and making great memories with their family. It's nice to see people who don't claim to know it all. There's an overwhelming amount of people on the internet that would be seriously humbled if their opinions were put in practice against a live opponent.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's fairly common everywhere. I was going to say I could drive my Focus down that trail and then I saw a car on it.... so I would hazard a guess not to call that "4 wheeling" and more like minimum maintenance road blasting. Either way, fun was being had.

Rookies are rookies, everyone starts there and can always learn and grow. I'm happy to see that they had proper recovery gear - being twisted has no effect on strength, actually getting the strap wet actually lowered it's capacity. This video will illustrate what I'm talking about, but as long as there isn't a knot in the strap you've hooked up to a strong part of the vehicle you're totally fine.

Big note though - ALWAYS hook up your own gear or have someone who is very familiar with your rig hook up your recovery gear. ALWAYS inspect the strap before pulling and realize you are now tethered to another vehicle and sometimes people do what you wouldn't expect. I've had people have me pull them out with their strap only for it to be shoddy, break and damage my vehicle. On the flip side I've pulled people out of ditches and explained before hand what to do only for them to drive across lanes of traffic with a 30k strap attached to both of us now in front of traffic. This isn't as important with modern vehicles with clean and obvious tow points, but the last thing you want someone doing is ripping off a bumper or causing needless damage due to ignorance.

Keep on posting, can't wait for my Badlands to show up so I can wheel the piss out of it. I'm fairly impressed how clean the insides of the vehicle stayed while blasting through those puddles.
RABBIT HOLE:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwdVOry0oNF9WIe_3uCfz9Q

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What about it, Matt knows what he is doing. There is a big difference between a professional helping recover your equipment verses someone you ran into on the trail.
Just a fun link bro, don't get all bent. You should put some videos out, sounds like you got a lot of ideas and MN experience.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a fun link bro, don't get all bent. You should put some videos out, sounds like you got a lot of ideas and MN experience.
Not bent at all :) I've just wheeled all sorts of vehicles in all sorts of groups in all sorts of terrains to know the type of people and varying situations you can get into. It's funny how people will treat you differently if you are in a stock looking vehicle, modified samurai vs a built crawler.

Still not sure what you are trying to say, but regardless, it's all civil here. I've been on the trails for over twenty years. I also have a TON of video up on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/D3thM3tal/featured
Sponsored