Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

Sponsored

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It looked like soft loops at the ends. Isn’t that a recovery strap?
I guess it could have been but the strap itself had no give at all under tension.
The soft loops might just lend itself to easy attachment.
I may be wrong here, but that's what I saw at a quick glance.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many bad driving techniques in this video!

1) Never charge into a pit without first knowing how deep it is and if there is boulder waiting underneath to rip out your drivetrain. Hopefully they had previously checked?

2) Driver is always supposed to be responsible for hooking up their own extraction rigging so that you know it is secured properly.

3) Snatch strap should always be laid flat, not twisted and then only apply tension/force as needed, not hit the gas and jerk on the first pull, plus was the driver even in gear and ready to go when the pull was made? Didn’t hear any driver to driver communication.

4) Never run over the strap! This can put small cuts and abrasions in the fibers that can lead to a failure over time.

Also…where did they get three Broncos to go play at the same time, and what’s with the Geo Metro or Subaru in the background with kayaks on top that seems to be going wherever they go? 🤷‍♂️ LOL

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't wait for the video, "Honey, I Hydro-Locked the Bronco"

Always nice when you have more Cents than Sense

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So many bad driving techniques in this video!

1) Never charge into a pit without first knowing how deep it is and if there is boulder waiting underneath to rip out your drivetrain. Hopefully they had previously checked?

2) Driver is always supposed to be responsible for hooking up their own extraction rigging so that you know it is secured properly.

3) Snatch strap should always be laid flat, not twisted and then only apply tension/force as needed, not hit the gas and jerk on the first pull, plus was the driver even in gear and ready to go when the pull was made? Didn’t hear any driver to driver communication.

4) Never run over the strap! This can put small cuts and abrasions in the fibers that can lead to a failure over time.

Also…where did they get three Broncos to go play at the same time, and what’s with the Geo Metro or Subaru in the background with kayaks on top that seems to be going wherever they go? 🤷‍♂️ LOL
5) Choose your lines wisely. My philosophy off-roading is don’t just run through the deepest hole just to be crazy. The point of off-roading is choosing lines and navigating obstacles. The BD simply went around the deepest part. I don’t mean you should tip-toe or be chicken shit, but be smart. Just like if you’re on top of a mountain, you find a trail to descend, rather than drive off a cliff.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using a tow strap as a recovery rope.
No bueno.
That's definitely a recovery strap and looks like a pretty good one....he didn't use a lot of the KE, didn't really need to, but the first pull it stretches and pulls the recovery bronco back toward the stuck vehicle...

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side anecdote:

I had a 2-door 2005 Wrangler when my kids were born and, being prudent and boring, I traded it in on a Chevy Equinox. Had a good snow one day, and got halfway up a hill and began spinning. A couple teenagers in a 4WD pickup towed me to the crest of the hill and came to a stop. I pulled forward a little to put slack in the rope and put it in park so I could get out and unhook the rope. Right after I shifted into park, the guys in the truck lunged forward several feet and jerked my car. The transmission never was right after that, and a few months later had serious problems.

I knew then that I’d never drive a 2WD vehicle again and have to put my fate in the hands of others.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's definitely a recovery strap and looks like a pretty good one....he didn't use a lot of the KE, didn't really need to, but the first pull it stretches and pulls the recovery bronco back toward the stuck vehicle...
My bad then...looking for more KE and didn't see it and thought it was a tow strap.
Sponsored