Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My main takeaways from this:

1) It was a setup. There's a photographer up ahead filming the whole thing, and the looks on the people's faces make it pretty obvious that this was all planned specifically for this video.

2) Title is clickbait, meant to cash in on the ongoing OBX hate. I don't want to watch it again (painful enough first time around) but the whole "lifted OBX sucks/non-Sas BD says hold my beer" thing is pretty misleading. The BD driver doesn't even have the doors on, which implies he never intended to go through that mud (and doesn't). It would be a lot more impressive if he did.

Anyway, I'm sure lots of OBX haters and BD fans will love it. This is how marketing works, folks. Sure to get lots of clicks.
Sponsored

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, this is our video. I will admit that we are complete newbies when it comes to off-roading. Most of our off-roading has been just like what you see here in this video and our other videos such as some trail driving out in Utah in our Super Duty Tremor. We are learning as we go.

I do hop out and check the water depth before running through anything where the bottom is not visible. There have been vehicles go completely under water on this trail system. In this case where we got stuck, the ruts were just a little too deep at the end of the water/mud hole for our set up.

The strap we used was a All-Top snatch strap that we picked up on Amazon. I believe this is a good all around strap for this sort of recovery?

https://amzn.to/2VMIt5r

I normally ensure the strap is not twisted but I knew this would be a very simple recovery and let it go.

The bumper on the Area 51 is indeed from Lifestyle Off-road and should be one available for ordering next week! I am hoping to pick one up for our Bronco as it looks great and is very well constructed with a heavy skid plate as well.

We are enjoying every minute with our Bronco and cannot wait to experience and learn more as we go.

Thanks for sharing the video and for any bad all feedback!

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) It was a setup. There's a photographer up ahead filming the whole thing, and the looks on the people's faces make it pretty obvious that this was all planned specifically for this video.

2) Title is clickbait, meant to cash in on the ongoing OBX hate. I don't want to watch it again (painful enough first time around) but the whole "lifted OBX sucks/non-Sas BD says hold my beer" thing is pretty misleading. The BD driver doesn't even have the doors on, which implies he never intended to go through that mud (and doesn't). It would be a lot more impressive if he did.

Anyway, I'm sure lots of OBX haters and BD fans will love it. This is how marketing works, folks. Sure to get lots of clicks.
Hey dude. Iā€™m a fan here. I titled it cause I thought it was interesting and thatā€™s what I saw. Iā€™m pretty sure the photographer was ahead on every obstacle make it or not. I donā€™t know these people but Iā€™ve been waiting to see some mud action. This is the first Iā€™ve seen. She seems inexperienced and doesnā€™t know to just keep in the throttle. I think she could have got it out had she not lifted. Plus the water being displaced slowed it down. Guys in the Black diamond kept it moving. Both vehicles could accomplish this hole.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting stuck was definitely not planned. Of course I am recording as we have a YouTube channel but we strive for everything we share to be as pure and honest as possible. We are not afraid to show our failures and lack of knowledge that you might possess. We are a legit family of 5 just trying to share or experience as we navigate and learn.

I am not sure how a video titled, "How do the Outerbanks and Black Diamond non-Sasquatch perform off road" is click bait? What would you recommend?

Also, if watched the whole video you will see the doorless stock Black Diamond go through plenty of mud. He did not go through the hole we got stuck in due to obvious clearance concerns.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey dude. Iā€™m a fan here. I titled it cause I thought it was interesting and thatā€™s what I saw. Iā€™m pretty sure the photographer was ahead on every obstacle make it or not. I donā€™t know these people but Iā€™ve been waiting to see some mud action. This is the first Iā€™ve seen. She seems inexperienced and doesnā€™t know to just keep in the throttle. I think she could have got it out had she not lifted. Plus the water being displaced slowed it down. Guys in the Black diamond kept it moving. Both vehicles could accomplish this hole.
I appreciate that you enjoyed and shared our video. We are definitely newbies and love learning and sharing as we go.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Getting stuck was definitely not planned. Of course I am recording as we have a YouTube channel but we strive for everything we share to be as pure and honest as possible. We are not afraid to show our failures and lack of knowledge that you might possess. We are a legit family of 5 just trying to share or experience as we navigate and learn.

I am not sure how a video titled, "How do the Outerbanks and Black Diamond non-Sasquatch perform off road" is click bait? What would you recommend?

Also, if watched the whole video you will see the doorless stock Black Diamond go through plenty of mud. He did not go through the hole we got stuck in due to obvious clearance concerns.
Aw, OK. So the videos are more for entertainment purposes than educational. I get it, and that's cool. Not my thing, I guess. I'm kind of a knowledge junkie, so if I watch a video, I expect it to solve a problem or answer a question for me. When it doesn't I get a little irked.

Good luck with your channel. Probably plenty of folks out there who enjoy this stuff :)

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco6G community has been amazing and I have learned so much here as I have either been a lurker or a member for a few years now.

I hope that we can continue to be a supportive community in the future. Not everyone is an expert. Not everyone needs lockers, some people might only drive their Broncos on the road, some might be greenhorns when off-roading (me).

The key factor that I hope we remember as a community is that we are all true Bronco enthusiast or else we would have bailed on the Bronco a long time ago.

Let's try to cut one another some slack. Not just related to what I am doing but all of us. I have seen quite a few positive post get blown up with nothing but negativity.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aw, OK. So the videos are more for entertainment purposes than educational. I get it, and that's cool. Not my thing, I guess. I'm kind of a knowledge junkie, so if I watch a video, I expect it to solve a problem or answer a question for me. When it doesn't I get a little irked.

Good luck with your channel. Probably plenty of folks out there who enjoy this stuff :)
There may be some knowledge in our content but if I am not an expert on something I will not claim to be. We are simply not afraid to share our trial and errors. Our channel started as a way to document our family experiences, the Bronco is just part of that experience now. Hopefully we inspire some Bronco owners to get out into the wild and not be afraid to get dirty but experts are definitely not something we claim to be for sure.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate that you enjoyed and shared our video. We are definitely newbies and love learning and sharing as we go.
Your videos have been enjoyable...I'm not sure why the one dude claimed that stuck in the mud scene was set-up...it pretty clearly was not.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your videos have been enjoyable...I'm not sure why the one dude claimed that stuck in the mud scene was set-up...it pretty clearly was not.
Thank you. If we were going to stage something it would be much better than that. Funny thing is our last off roading video we went through spots just like this one much faster and people complained that we were disbursing too much water and thus destroying the trail. This time we went a little slower as to not displace as much water and we got stuck.

Overall it was fun and we are happy to share, I just need to get used to the criticism and realize that there will always be negative things to say and that is expected from making content available to the public.

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to see a little more effort to get un stuck so we could see how well the traction control/ 4WD modes worked. It looked like both fronts were spinning briefly, but hard to tell. I am not sure why all the negativity. These people might not be pros, but they're using the Bronco as something besides a mall crawler. Good for them.

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not sure why all the negativity. These people might not be pros, but they're using the Bronco as something besides a mall crawler. Good for them.
My thoughts exactly. Having fun with friends, getting stuck, it's all good times as long as you're having fun and staying safe. I think they were doing both. You can't get better at something if you don't do it.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, this is our video. I will admit that we are complete newbies when it comes to off-roading. Most of our off-roading has been just like what you see here in this video and our other videos such as some trail driving out in Utah in our Super Duty Tremor. We are learning as we go.

I do hop out and check the water depth before running through anything where the bottom is not visible. There have been vehicles go completely under water on this trail system. In this case where we got stuck, the ruts were just a little too deep at the end of the water/mud hole for our set up.

The strap we used was a All-Top snatch strap that we picked up on Amazon. I believe this is a good all around strap for this sort of recovery?

https://amzn.to/2VMIt5r

I normally ensure the strap is not twisted but I knew this would be a very simple recovery and let it go.

The bumper on the Area 51 is indeed from Lifestyle Off-road and should be one available for ordering next week! I am hoping to pick one up for our Bronco as it looks great and is very well constructed with a heavy skid plate as well.

We are enjoying every minute with our Bronco and cannot wait to experience and learn more as we go.

Thanks for sharing the video and for any bad all feedback!
I think the series is cool and have respect for the time and effort you are putting in to make a go of being a "YouTuber". Don't sweat the haters.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to see a little more effort to get un stuck so we could see how well the traction control/ 4WD modes worked. It looked like both fronts were spinning briefly, but hard to tell. I am not sure why all the negativity. These people might not be pros, but they're using the Bronco as something besides a mall crawler. Good for them.
I am 99% sure our frame was on the ground. It seems like the ruts got deeper and we high centered. Another F250 got stuck in the same place right after us. He tried for a solid 15 minutes to get unstuck without luck. We eventually helped him winch out. There are quite a few Jeep's running 37s and 40s on 6+ inch lifts that run these trails. I try to have my wife avoid their really deep ruts but this one snuck up on us.

I agree, we can't learn without trying and will be better next time!

Overall this is a great time and the kids really love the experience. Most of the time they have their Nintendos in hand but not while running the trails.
Sponsored