Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For real. Im just mad you cant get steel wheels and lockers, pretty dumb if you ask me. Hell I wouldnt mind if they just added beadlocks to the steels for squatch.
At least you can get the rear locker with steelies on the Black Diamond.

It is sad you can't even get a rear locker on the Base. The smaller steel wheels look more like the early Broncos.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

It is sad you can't even get a rear locker on the Base. The smaller steel wheels look more like the early Broncos.
Looking like my base is gonna be a '22. I'll drop squatch if it's available...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

True true, but not enough. I have been looking at axle upgrade costs for standard BD.

Deleted member 21681

The Bronco6G community has been amazing and I have learned so much here as I have either been a lurker or a member for a few years now.

I hope that we can continue to be a supportive community in the future. Not everyone is an expert. Not everyone needs lockers, some people might only drive their Broncos on the road, some might be greenhorns when off-roading (me).

The key factor that I hope we remember as a community is that we are all true Bronco enthusiast or else we would have bailed on the Bronco a long time ago.

Let's try to cut one another some slack. Not just related to what I am doing but all of us. I have seen quite a few positive post get blown up with nothing but negativity.
Pretty much this.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not gonna lie. Pickens party of 5 are growing on me. They’re not afraid to tear this thing up😁. Last time they smashed the soft top. This time they test the door seals. Good to see some true Florida wheeling. Mud’s what we got!

Good'ole muddin' in La Florida. They are so cute/clueless. I love how the rescue driver hooks up and then just drives away to get jerked back when the strap tensions up. That's Florida all right.

I do have to say that I don't see what she did wrong to get stuck, plenny forward momentum, as the feller says, she might have caught a high center.

Last edited:

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, this is our video. I will admit that we are complete newbies when it comes to off-roading. Most of our off-roading has been just like what you see here in this video and our other videos such as some trail driving out in Utah in our Super Duty Tremor. We are learning as we go.

I do hop out and check the water depth before running through anything where the bottom is not visible. There have been vehicles go completely under water on this trail system. In this case where we got stuck, the ruts were just a little too deep at the end of the water/mud hole for our set up.

The strap we used was a All-Top snatch strap that we picked up on Amazon. I believe this is a good all around strap for this sort of recovery?

https://amzn.to/2VMIt5r

I normally ensure the strap is not twisted but I knew this would be a very simple recovery and let it go.

The bumper on the Area 51 is indeed from Lifestyle Off-road and should be one available for ordering next week! I am hoping to pick one up for our Bronco as it looks great and is very well constructed with a heavy skid plate as well.

We are enjoying every minute with our Bronco and cannot wait to experience and learn more as we go.

Thanks for sharing the video and for any bad all feedback!
Great job guys! Keep enjoying the trails with your family, I did this with my kids when they were about the same age as yours in a Jeep Wrangler living in NM. My son grew up to enjoy the outdoors and continues off roading. Just like golf, your not going to be great at it the first couple of times out, the people criticizing need to remember when they started they weren't "instant experts" Keep hitting the trails!

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done the wheeling in FL thing with my '78 Bronco (owned from '86 to '96). We never drove through the center of mud holes because you never know what is in the center. Range road adventure on Eglin AFB and a Jeep decides to go straight through a mud hole and disappears except for the tailgate (straight down). Took three trucks chained together to recover it and it had shredded brake lines and broken tie rod ends. Long slow drive back to base. Be careful out there.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The most important thing I saw in the video was that you all had fun. Certainly, PPO5 would have benefitted from a locker (or two), but they did well overall and had fun. The Bronco, no matter how bad-ass the spec, can get stuck just like even the most extreme Jeeps and other 4x4 vehicles. It's just a matter of how hard you have to work to get them truly stuck!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My main takeaways from this:

Anyway, I'm sure lots of OBX haters and BD fans will love it. This is how marketing works, folks. Sure to get lots of clicks.
The smoking tire's video of the OBX off-road was actually pretty sweet, with the rear locker and the advanced 4x4 it appears a lot more capable than I think people realize. I can't wait for mine, it's going to be a blast.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The smoking tire's video of the OBX off-road was actually pretty sweet, with the rear locker and the advanced 4x4 it appears a lot more capable than I think people realize. I can't wait for mine, it's going to be a blast.
Yep, me too. Most of the comparisons I've seen focus on the basic trims, and in that respect, the OBX looks inferior. However, they never mention that it's the lowest priced trim Ford offers that allows you to add a high package and non-Sas 4A. Those items would be extremely expensive to add aftermarket, and upgrading your trim to get them gets pricey fast. You can upgrade the gearing, add a rear locker, steel bumper and bash plates, etc. to an OBX without Sasquatching it, and add even more aftermarket parts later on. It's a great deal, I think.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who's definition of getting stuck involves getting out of a snowed in parking spot in the dead of winter in Pennsylvania, the OBX is more than capable for my needs

For those who come from off roading or rock climbing backgrounds,I get why they would scoff at the obx. Capability is relative to what you're using it for. And people need to remember that before bashing other trims

ALL BRONCOS ARE CAPABLE is what I keep repeating

rcr1340

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was this recorded in Citrus?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sooooo
Is it a common in Florida to not wear seat belts when 4wheeling?