First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep thinking about the downstream consequences of lifting to drive shaft angles, cv joints angles camber/castor and the like. This led me to reading a lot about lifting Jeeps. There seemed to be consensus that any changes to stock geometry will cause accelerated wear and vibration in some fashion. It can't be helped, just plan on it. I had no idea there were aftermarket driveshafts w/ a cv joint on one end, that spring perches were cut loose and rewelded, and the list goes on and on. The higher the lift the more complicated things become.

So, when I think about my incoming Bronco (which I'd like to lift 2"), I wonder about suspension differences between the Sasquatch (which is lifted) and non SAS (not lifted) drive trains. Is the rear drive shaft the same length, are engine/transmission/transfer case/front cv joints/drive shaft universal joints all at the same angles/relationship compared to non sas models. Does the SAS just have different/stronger components that will tolerate changing angles or do they both use the same drive line components? Are drive shafts different lengths the same? And on and on.

I hope I've articulated all of this in an understandable fashion. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Contented
Sponsored