Sponsored

Light bar installs, how did you get the wires inside?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So looking to install a light bar on the roof at the wonderful accessory points. But as we look we are trying to figure out how to get the wires inside the Bronco without drilling a hole. It seems there should be a way to get the wire from the bar down through the A pillar into the engine compartment and hooked up to the wire bundle for the aux switch. But the issue becomes HOW! 😂 I don’t wanna drill into the body of my $60k Bronco, and ideally not cutting into the weather stripping. So there’s gotta be a good way to get it in.
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Nation has a how to video on this. Bad news: it involves drilling into the vehicle

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw some on here someone ran the wire down the gap on the edge of the windshield and didn't drill any holes.

I'm not sure how easily you can see the wire though.

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would like to know as well.

OP
OP
SubmarineNuke

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw some on here someone ran the wire down the gap on the edge of the windshield and didn't drill any holes.

I'm not sure how easily you can see the wire though.
Ideally running it down the outside of the truck into the engine bay isn’t an option either as it looks janky as Fuck IMO. There has to be a way to get inside the truck to run it down the a-pillar

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a wire near the visor myself would run it under the seal and use butyl or some similar sealant to seal it up.
Ford Bronco Light bar installs, how did you get the wires inside? 41F98921-843C-4EE9-8A09-705EAAFB1DDA

OP
OP
SubmarineNuke

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a wire near the visor myself would run it under the seal and use butyl or some similar sealant to seal it up.
Ford Bronco Light bar installs, how did you get the wires inside? 41F98921-843C-4EE9-8A09-705EAAFB1DDA
Right. That wire according to diagrams connects to the six switch. The issue we are running into:concerned about is drilling a hole in the body or even the weather stripping and then over time this creates a leak point. Especially in Texas heat.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've wondered about this too, as I would install one in a heartbeat if I didn't have to drill into the Bronco. Maybe I'll have to take it apart and investigate.

I installed a sunglasses holder up there on the inside that clips to the plastic trim around the inside of the windshield and there's a lot of space and a lot of play in the plastic.
Sponsored