Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a Wrangler owner (sorry), I am having difficulty planning how to mount a light bar on or near the front bumper. I hate having it out front, prefer some degree of protection. Any ideas or links to brackets?
Sponsored

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Being a Wrangler owner (sorry), I am having difficulty planning how to mount a light bar on or near the front bumper. I hate having it out front, prefer some degree of protection. Any ideas or links to brackets?
The bumper is modular and will looks like it will have a mounting option.

Ford Bronco Light bar mounting options 2021-Ford-Bronco-2-Door-exterior-5

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not seen this picture and/or bar. This is good.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will venture to say that at $2,939, you probably won't be seeing too many Rigid Industries ADAPT 50" lightbars on Broncos...

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I look at this forum and see Honda ads at the bottom. Really?

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do the "cheaper" lights stack up against Rigid Industries lights? I mean, I don't mind spending money if they are worth it.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do the "cheaper" lights stack up against Rigid Industries lights? I mean, I don't mind spending money if they are worth it.
Depends- super cheap- Purple light and they always get moisture in them.. Not very bright (under $100 for a 20" bar or cube light)

Medium $100-200 pair cube lights or $100-225 for a lightbar gets you better water intrusion protection, whiter light.

Anything above from VisionX, Rigid or Baja Designs IS noticeably better.. Is it worth the price difference, only you can tell.

We have about 3-4 brands on our fleet of work trucks... I have a VisionX 20" Shocker, 2 18 LED transporters and some Duralux cubes for reverse lights planned for the Bronco(s)

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
dude .. everyone sees ads .... advertising drives the internet. Most sites like this will make the ads disappear for you if you become a paying member

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! Rigid is consider 1 step above cheap lights. Baja designs is the best.
Yeah, I've never run lights so I just "assumed" Rigid was one of the better lights.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rigid has gotten better the last 3 or 4 years but the phrase you get what you pay for is very true in off road lighting. The LP6 pictured in my signature is from Baja design. It is simply one of the best lights you can get now. Baja design does make a better light and it based on laser tech but that light is super duper expensive.

The LP series comes as a LP9 (9 LEDs), LP6 (6 LEDs) and LP4 with 4 LEDs. The LP9s are $800+ each. The LP 9 and 6 have a low and high beam and all 3 sizes has Amber back lighting. A lot like a daytime running light.

Yeah, I've never run lights so I just "assumed" Rigid was one of the better lights.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info guys. I'm one of those that doesn't like to cut corners, so I imagine I will be running the Bajas. That LP6 looks pretty badass.

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dude .. everyone sees ads .... advertising drives the internet. Most sites like this will make the ads disappear for you if you become a paying member
I have not yet self declared as a "dude". But comment is correct, ads drive the internet. You would think however that the marketing department would not think this forum "fits".

OP
OP
Scott1911

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends- super cheap- Purple light and they always get moisture in them.. Not very bright (under $100 for a 20" bar or cube light)

Medium $100-200 pair cube lights or $100-225 for a lightbar gets you better water intrusion protection, whiter light.

Anything above from VisionX, Rigid or Baja Designs IS noticeably better.. Is it worth the price difference, only you can tell.

We have about 3-4 brands on our fleet of work trucks... I have a VisionX 20" Shocker, 2 18 LED transporters and some Duralux cubes for reverse lights planned for the Bronco(s)
I dig through "reviews" and "testing" and all I can find is regurgitated seller "specs". In this age of fake news, I don't believe anything. I wish there was an independent review of all the light bars and just give me the REAL lumens at X feet for all.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Internet ads are often fed to you based on your own browsing history.

If you’re seeing Honda ads, that says more about you than it does this forum.
;)

(In the interest of full disclosure, I’m currently seeing a Weathertech ad)

Back to the topic on hand... not only have they shown the bumper mounts, but also the mounting points at the top of the windshield as possible locations. I suspect when we get closer looks we’ll see mounting points at the mirrors as well.
Sponsored