Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have a hard top with a roof rack and light bar installed?

I believe a pre-run wire from the auxiliary switches terminates in the roof near the front roof rack mount? How do you utilize this wire with the rack mounted?

Can I mount a light bar on the front of the roof rack or is there another option to do this?

I looked at a dealership at a 2 door hard top with a rack but can’t really figure it out without taking it apart.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it is Rigid that has a bracket for sale on their site that is made for adding lights to a rig with the roof rack.

Looked into this lightly as I have the rack on my incoming build, but haven't done any serious shopping as of yet.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 door should deliver next week. I plan on sharing how my light bar does/doesn't work with the ford roof rack. I didn't know Rigid made a bracket, I'll have to check it out.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking for a solution as well. @Diode Dynamics needs to come up with a solution! They make great products!

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed one last week. Rigid 40 inch lightbar. I was going to use their designed bracket for the roof rack. But the ETA on it from rigid is 12/3/22. Needless to say I wasn't waiting a year to install it. I used rigid included brackets however I had to drill the slot out a bit as the 40 inch bar is a little to long to use the bronco bolts that hold the plastic shroud onto the roof rack. I used the pre-wired wire through the little hole you need to drill out and used the actual post that the roof rack mounts on as the ground.

Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? 16388117848527784264311511800054

OP
OP
Skip2a

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That looks great. Nice job!

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll let you know how well the mount holds. The bronco bolts are screwed into metal on the roof rack so I'm hopeful it will last a year until I can get a real bracket from rigid. I will say that lightbar throws out more light then my headlights and highbeams combined. Really nice light.

Last edited:

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed a 40 inch curved Rigid off of my roof rack. I made my bracket use 1/4" flat bar and mounted to the top of the roof rack. Had to buy a longer bolt 2 each. I did not use the stock wiring very small compared to the size of the wire that came with the light bar, this was the most work running the new wire. Drilled a hole under the roof rack mounting point for the wiring, sealed it with silicon. The nice thing is the roof right were the wire comes out has a notch in the weather stripping for the wire to lay and not deform the weather stripping.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Bronco_benny

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 EcoBoost V6 2 door base Sasquatch bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed a 40 inch curved Rigid off of my roof rack. I made my bracket use 1/4" flat bar and mounted to the top of the roof rack. Had to buy a longer bolt 2 each. I did not use the stock wiring very small compared to the size of the wire that came with the light bar, this was the most work running the new wire. Drilled a hole under the roof rack mounting point for the wiring, sealed it with silicon. The nice thing is the roof right were the wire comes out has a notch in the weather stripping for the wire to lay and not deform the weather stripping.

Ford Bronco Light Bar With Roof Rack? thumbnail

Does the light bar Quick Disconnect for when you want to take the roof rack off?

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the light bar Quick Disconnect for when you want to take the roof rack off?
No, but that's a great idea, I have a second set of bracket to mount of the body. Once the weather warms up more i',m going tops less for months.

Bronco_benny

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 EcoBoost V6 2 door base Sasquatch bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, but that's a great idea, I have a second set of bracket to mount of the body. Once the weather warms up more i',m going tops less for months.
That’s good thinking. I can just see myself wanting to take the top on/off fast and I know that the light bar being hardwired will prevent that for sure! And I’m not going to run my roof rack all the time

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So rigid surprised me and sent my mounting bracket a few weeks back. Heres a pic with rigid mounting solution.(sorry for bad lighting ill take a better one tommorow)

16445351914414435289323259048857.jpg