Sponsored

Lighting questions after reading the manual...

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always leave the autolamps on in my vehicles and I just picked up my Badlands with Lux.
  • From what I understand from the manual, either the DRL or the Headlamps will always be turned on. If headlamps are on, the DRL turn off? Is that correct? Are the DRL the ring around the headlamp? Is it also the horizontal bar?
  • If I install fog lights, using the existing wiring harness stub for fog lamps (aka standard bumper fog lamps), are fog lamps only available to be on when the headlamps are on? The manual seems to state it as so but I’d like to confirm as I’d like to install DD fog lamps using the existing wiring harness stub.
    • "When the lighting control is in the autolamps position, you cannot switch the fog lamps on unless the headlamps are on."
  • The manual states that “The brightness of the daytime running lamps may decrease when the front fog lamps are switched on.” - This seems counter to fog lamps only being available when headlamps are on, however, maybe if the headlamp switch is set to off, the DRL and fogs can both be on?
Thanks in advance as I think I'm just confusing myself the more I read through this.
Sponsored