Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely beautiful First Edition, and I love the ‘73 too. Similar to what I plan once I finally get my VB Squatch.

BDA70863-804E-4680-A2E3-6EA8CFDD1BB8.jpeg

D4865B23-B5FE-4873-A145-63F53F9D2210.jpeg
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you! That is definitely my pride and joy.
73 Bronco brother here. I'm in the process of freshening mine up, but it definitely is my pride and joy as well. Is that the Duff spare carrier on yours? If so, how do you like it? I've got Protofab bumpers on mine at the moment, but I am considering putting the chrome OE bumpers back on and getting the Duff carrier.

Also, love your FE. One of the best looking Broncos I've seen posted here.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damien21

First Edition
First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A4, 2013 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I currently am using 3 of the upfitter switches. I have a fog light headlight switch on order and I plan on putting the 2 smaller outside lights on the factory fog switch to free up the upfitters. But for now it works great. And the 4x4truckled wire harness combined with the upfitter switches made it soooooooooooo simple to get them wired up. I was really shocked at how simple it is.
Awesome! Thanks for the info

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Beautiful build!

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets start with the nice stuff. Blue is a great color. I'm glad you got a Bronco and I hope you enjoy it. Cool shop. Looks like by shop you mean barn or something but still super cool. I also like your older bronco.

Now lets talk turkey...

Sure hope you don't hit a bump. Hey, 37s, who cares. It's about the size, not the way it works (or in this case won't work.) Even used pucks to get the space, so the ride gets exponentially worse but BIGGER TIRES BOYS!!!

Lot of very pretty, not even remotely functionally useful builds on here. I am glad you like your mall crawler but WOWZA. I'm really thinking this forum needs a "hardcore tech" or something. I want to see functional builds, not just "look guys I can fit a 37, shoehorn it into a wheel well, lose mpg but look cool as hell if I don't hit a bump and rip off that weird carpet trim they put in there."
You do you brother and let others do what they like. This is the land of the free. We all have the gift of liberty. Don't hate.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets start with the nice stuff. Blue is a great color. I'm glad you got a Bronco and I hope you enjoy it. Cool shop. Looks like by shop you mean barn or something but still super cool. I also like your older bronco.

Now lets talk turkey...

Sure hope you don't hit a bump. Hey, 37s, who cares. It's about the size, not the way it works (or in this case won't work.) Even used pucks to get the space, so the ride gets exponentially worse but BIGGER TIRES BOYS!!!

Lot of very pretty, not even remotely functionally useful builds on here. I am glad you like your mall crawler but WOWZA. I'm really thinking this forum needs a "hardcore tech" or something. I want to see functional builds, not just "look guys I can fit a 37, shoehorn it into a wheel well, lose mpg but look cool as hell if I don't hit a bump and rip off that weird carpet trim they put in there."
Ford Bronco Lightning Blue First Edition on 37's, 17" Dirtylife beadlocks wheels, King Shocks 1639058190741

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Now lets talk turkey...

Ford Bronco Lightning Blue First Edition on 37's, 17" Dirtylife beadlocks wheels, King Shocks 5x8l6l

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That thing looks good. damn. simple mods too.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someshoes said:

I'm really thinking this forum needs a "hardcore tech" or something. I want to see functional builds, not just "look guys I can fit a 37, shoehorn it into a wheel well.

This has been requested several times, unfortunately the admin GAWDS do not seem to agree with some of us and classify swapping out the whip antenna for a stubby in the same category as gutting the drivetrain and swapping on 60’s.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dana-60-axle-is-in.26377/

With that said..nice starter build OP :)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
73 Bronco brother here. I'm in the process of freshening mine up, but it definitely is my pride and joy as well. Is that the Duff spare carrier on yours? If so, how do you like it? I've got Protofab bumpers on mine at the moment, but I am considering putting the chrome OE bumpers back on and getting the Duff carrier.

Also, love your FE. One of the best looking Broncos I've seen posted here.
Thanks man. That tire carrier is one that I built. It's made from 2x4" .240 wall steel and has a spindle on the end with the tire carrier built off of that. Then I took the stock bumper and modified it to fit over it to keep the original look of the Bronco

OP
OP
GloNDark

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Now lets talk turkey...

Wow Thanks I guess??

I personally think that 37"s fit the Bronco wheel well shape perfectly. Sure i'm using the 2 piece Zone leveling kit but unless you're a Sema builder, Fox, King and hell even the cheapo 4 wheel parts coil over that show in stock really aren't.

When my Fox coilovers show up some time after March, it will go up maybe an 1" at most in height. I like my rigs low slung with bigger tires. You obviously don't ;)

This rig will see more dirt and rocks that 90% of the Broncos out there but will still be streetable everyday if I want to.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First night in the shop with the rest of the toys. I need to clean out all my junk and make some more room in there.

Ford Bronco Lightning Blue First Edition on 37's, 17" Dirtylife beadlocks wheels, King Shocks 5x8l6l

Sweeeeeet

mulan160

Outer Banks
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, NSX, IS250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello there, how many inches of lift did the leveling kit give you? Great looking bronco!
Sponsored