Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never been a fan of mounting a light bar on the windshield. Way too much glare on the glass, especially with dust. Needs to be mounted slightly rear of the roofline to correct this, or make a fancy deflection shield.
Personally, always mounted lights off the bumper, and it’s likely more than adequate for most wheeling.
Where I will be adding lights.
I will also be adding rear lights to mine. Really useful in backing up and being able to see something.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will also be adding rear lights to mine. Really useful in backing up and being able to see something.
Where do you think is a good place to mount rear lights? (See the pic I posted on the last page for a shot of the rear)

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

School me: what IS the legality?

I remember over the years seeing light bars for wranglers as “off road use only” which then makes it like... oh, so when will I actually use it?

and now when I see pick ups with light bars on, I just think they are douches.

are spot lights for off road only, but flood can be used for fogs?

do they have to be the height of head lamps or lower?

more w

Or what?
Depends on the State you live in.
Some of the laws are so nuanced that most cops either wont care, or don't know them.
(ie Off-road lights being lower than the front headlights or they need to be covered.)

The part of lights that bugs me the most are the guys that mount them high, and feel the need that because they spent money on them, need to have them on all the time.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you think is a good place to mount rear lights? (See the pic I posted on the last page for a shot of the rear)
Haven't really planned it out yet.
Maybe low for reverse lights or wait to see in my buddy at Rago Fab comes up with a bracket system.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My one question with this, is how much is that going to complicate getting the spare tire off? It looks like it mounts on top of the rim, with the wiring going through it, so do you need to disconnect these to get the spare off?
Looks like it. Although probably not that difficult. Like popping the wiring off for the door before you remove it. Probably a single deutsch connector and just set it aside. Personally, I like this because you can remove them when you are tooling around the mall and don't need them.

Sponsored

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone ever have any luck mounting spots on the cowl/a pillar? I know if you put a forward facing driving light there you'll catch a lot of glare off the hood. I'm hoping the tighter beam of a spot won't cause that problem

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen an aftermarket light mount for the top of the modular bumper, for mounting multiple lights to (in front of the grill)? I know we’ve seen one shown on Ford marketing in the past months; curious if anything’s come out yet. Not looking for that Baja light bar setup; their mount looks somewhat flimsy vs. what Ford was showcasing.

Any links or pictures or further insights would be appreciated! Thanks folks.