Lights recommendations wanted!

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know there are lots of threads out there but wanted to ask a little different way. I want to do a light bar overhead, by each mirror and in the bumper for modular bumper. My friend, who had a 150 raptor, had overhead and strongly discouraged me to get overhead due to the noise!

I think they look cool as hell plus I want lots of lighting for driving late at night (none city driving of course realizing it’s not street legal).
Here is the question, who has recommendations for great value, cool looking, great lighting, minimal noise? I ask this because I didn’t order rigid figuring it’s a good brand but likely not the best value for lumens, look, all around performance for the price. My gut tells me other aftermarkets are a better value. I like name brand because i think 8 out of 10 there is a reason why they are “name brand”. Stereo types are stereo types for a reason , for better or worse… yet I don’t want to pay $30 for a cheese burger… because at the end of the day it’s just beef and there is only so much you can do to a cheese burger… hopefully that makes sense to most out there.

I don’t know much about these lights, don’t really want to overpay here but want sweet looking, quality, that will LIGHT IT UP!!! Also any advice on configuration is much appreciated (ie fog below, by mirrors, up top). I have seen all kinds of options but I really don’t know if there is a good reason to go one way vs another other than for “looks”…

thanks all!
Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with a single row black oak bar. They have discounts year round for military and first responders. They have occasional sales too. Veteran owned, made in USA. I think they are as good or better than Rigids.

Blackoakled.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know there are lots of threads out there but wanted to ask a little different way. I want to do a light bar overhead, by each mirror and in the bumper for modular bumper. My friend, who had a 150 raptor, had overhead and strongly discouraged me to get overhead due to the noise!

I think they look cool as hell plus I want lots of lighting for driving late at night (none city driving of course realizing it’s not street legal).
Here is the question, who has recommendations for great value, cool looking, great lighting, minimal noise? I ask this because I didn’t order rigid figuring it’s a good brand but likely not the best value for lumens, look, all around performance for the price. My gut tells me other aftermarkets are a better value. I like name brand because i think 8 out of 10 there is a reason why they are “name brand”. Stereo types are stereo types for a reason , for better or worse… yet I don’t want to pay $30 for a cheese burger… because at the end of the day it’s just beef and there is only so much you can do to a cheese burger… hopefully that makes sense to most out there.

I don’t know much about these lights, don’t really want to overpay here but want sweet looking, quality, that will LIGHT IT UP!!! Also any advice on configuration is much appreciated (ie fog below, by mirrors, up top). I have seen all kinds of options but I really don’t know if there is a good reason to go one way vs another other than for “looks”…

thanks all!
Baja Designs has a few options for the roof. An 8x XL Linkable (8 of their XL Lights) put together as a light bar kit OR a 50" Light Bar. We went with the 8x XL Linkable Kit on our demo truck. I don't notice any wind noise honestly (which makes sense, the wind noise you get is from the traditional bars with FINS on the back, as that is where the noise comes from. Think, blowing air across a straw, same concept).

For the bumper, I did the 6x XL Linkable Kit from Baja Designs. Pillars are Baja Designs (XL80) and for my fogs, I actually did Diode Dynamics on our demo truck (1, because they do make a better SAE rated fog light and 2, because we sell them we wanted to show our support to the brand).

Check out your options here. We're pretty much the best place to buy LED Lighting from and offer great prices:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! Bronco 1 (Small)

Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! Bronco 2 (Small)

Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! Bronco 4 (Small)

Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! Bronco 5 (Small)

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thanks all!
We took a risk today and wired up a 2k lumen set from Harbor Freight. It was a decent price after a coupon.

They appear to work well and are bright. I'm not experienced with much lights though.

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...3-in-led-spot-with-side-light-pair-57538.html

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Baja Designs has a few options for the roof. An 8x XL Linkable (8 of their XL Lights) put together as a light bar kit OR a 50" Light Bar. We went with the 8x XL Linkable Kit on our demo truck. I don't notice any wind noise honestly (which makes sense, the wind noise you get is from the traditional bars with FINS on the back, as that is where the noise comes from. Think, blowing air across a straw, same concept).

For the bumper, I did the 6x XL Linkable Kit from Baja Designs. Pillars are Baja Designs (XL80) and for my fogs, I actually did Diode Dynamics on our demo truck (1, because they do make a better SAE rated fog light and 2, because we sell them we wanted to show our support to the brand).

Check out your options here. We're pretty much the best place to buy LED Lighting from and offer great prices:

Okay, so you work for this 4x4 and sell these? I’ll take your word for the sound but if I get them and it is load, what is the return policy? Also, I love the look, but probably would do the bar across the bumper just the in bumper, mirror mounts and top. Likely want a few more yellow fog. What would that run me?

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay, so you work for this 4x4 and sell these? I’ll take your word for the sound but if I get them and it is load, what is the return policy? Also, I love the look, but probably would do the bar across the bumper just the in bumper, mirror mounts and top. Likely want a few more yellow fog. What would that run me?
Oh and also, I want a rear for backing up/tailgaters ;)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't understand what you mean when you said "but if I get them and it is load" did you mean loud?? Once you install the product, it's yours. We don't accept returns on used products.

Check out the link I sent you, there's lots of options listed there with prices for all the various options you have on your truck.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry, yep loud. I get it thanks
I've not noticed any wind noise on my 8x XL Linkable Kit. Sure you can hear some of the wind flapping but i also have a soft top so that's where my wind noise is.

Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep them off the top. Get 6 diode Ss5s linked for bumper the pro series, mix match with clear and amber if you want, put the diode in the bumper pockets amber as sae and 2 pros wide cornering and flood. Mirror pillar I did a double bracket from rigid and will put KC Era4s in spot and Baja pod both have amber back lights. Use spots on mirror or you will get glare. I also will mount 2 small wide cornering at a 45 degree/ on mod bumper corners pointed to the ditch.
This set will light the world. That's about 3500$ in lights the rigid bracket is 130$

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep them off the top. Get 6 diode Ss5s linked for bumper the pro series, mix match with clear and amber if you want, put the diode in the bumper pockets amber as sae and 2 pros wide cornering and flood. Mirror pillar I did a double bracket from rigid and will put KC Era4s in spot and Baja pod both have amber back lights. Use spots on mirror or you will get glare. I also will mount 2 small wide cornering at a 45 degree/ on mod bumper corners pointed to the ditch.
This set will light the world. That's about 3500$ in lights the rigid bracket is 130$
Do you have pics of your bronco with these lights?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys…buy quality lights or don’t bother. We all want to save some cash, but I have yet to find a knockoff light that can match the low output and beam quality of lower versions of the name brand lighting. Sure, cheap light bars may be bright, but the reflector designs are crap and the emitters are poor quality. I’ve personally run Rigid, Baja Designs, and Diode Dynamics on my last few trucks. Each brand has their strengths and weaknesses, but there is legitimacy in their higher pricing compared to knock offs or cheap stuff. Sure they spend a bunch on advertising and sponsoring race teams, but they also produce a superior product.

I think a set of two/three lights in the mod bumper, a set of mirror mounted ditch lights, and a rear set mounted on the spare rim bolts or in the bumper will be plenty of light for most people. Using the Pro level on all the front lights, here is what I’d recommend for those who want to use much of it on the road.

Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! 12406AB4-1DC4-4DB4-A213-DBC931E064D6

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Vivid Lumen make very good lights and are reasonably priced. You will save 30% just from the exchange. I will be running all there lights on my rig, and I will have a overhead light bar. I found in the past, that a curved light bar doesn't create as much noise. Ran one on my 4 runner for years (old style back then) but I was still happy with it.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guys…buy quality lights or don’t bother. We all want to save some cash, but I have yet to find a knockoff light that can match the low output and beam quality of lower versions of the name brand lighting. Sure, cheap light bars may be bright, but the reflector designs are crap and the emitters are poor quality. I’ve personally run Rigid, Baja Designs, and Diode Dynamics on my last few trucks. Each brand has their strengths and weaknesses, but there is legitimacy in their higher pricing compared to knock offs or cheap stuff. Sure they spend a bunch on advertising and sponsoring race teams, but they also produce a superior product.

I think a set of two/three lights in the mod bumper, a set of mirror mounted ditch lights, and a rear set mounted on the spare rim bolts or in the bumper will be plenty of light for most people. Using the Pro level on all the front lights, here is what I’d recommend for those who want to use much of it on the road.

Ford Bronco Lights recommendations wanted! 12406AB4-1DC4-4DB4-A213-DBC931E064D6
Thanks, I get your point. Little confused by the suggestion here though. Top line is for rear assuming choose one of the 3 depending on how bright I want it and am guessing the smallest will be just fine. Now for piller and three to be mounted in the modular bumper. I was thinking amber sport or pro, then two sets of the 2 lights in white. Any reason to have one of them be another amber or all am we down there? Then pillar was thinking sport or pro white as I think the come with different lenses for wide and spot.
Notice you have multiple brands. Any reason for that? I was thinking all BD. But anything insight on DD or KC would be appreciated! I read DD has colored led which may be better than white with amber lens like BD. Thanks
Sponsored