Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a M1102 light weight aluminum military trailer that’s supposed to be pulled behind the military hummer. My truck was built last week and hopefully it will be home within a month. Two-door badlands Sasquatch package.
i’m curious to find out how unlevel the trailer will ride behind the Bronco on 35’s when the trailer sits on 37’s….

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_4911
Hey just found this post and I put my bid in for an M1101 see if I win. Curious how your's went? Any issues pulling it once you picked it up? I have a lot of miles to travel with it. My only concern was the tongue weight is 300 pounds from what I read which is extremely heavy and close to the 350 max. I'm worried about how much tongue weight it adds when you start adding gear to it.

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 bronco, 1974 cj5, 2013 jku Moab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The present rated towing capacity of 3,500 lbs (yes, it may go higher for certain model/options) narrows the choices for a top-quality, overlanding camping trailer. There may be ideal, but not inexpensive products coming into market just in time, well suited for the BRONCO.

Have my eye on the OPUS Lite (https://www.opuscamper.us/lite/) arriving in September with a rugged chassis, independent suspension and articulated hitch.

The specs seem custom-tailored to the BRONCO:
  • Dry Weight: 2,380lbs
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 3,527lbs
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_4911

What other solutions do you have in mind? :unsure:
hands down
610 lbs
7x Offroad’s torq mode for the win
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO C18C39B1-AFC7-491A-BAD2-36267412FF19

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco at 52000 miles several trips from Missouri to Minnesota to Arizona. No issues very stable even in winds. I will admit need to trim weight as calculated and put on scale. When full fuel, generator and full water tanks the setup is heavy but very stable
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 20230421_080357

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Live in Colorado and wanted something I could tow on 4x4 trails for dispersed camping to get away from the crowds. Picked up a Smittybilt Scout Trailer and started to outfit it. So far have a Tule Autana Ruggedized RT tent, Overcast Awning, Fly Rod vault, Goal Zero 1500X Power Station + Solar Panels, propane tank, Propex HS2800 heater (tried Elk season without a heater last year and it was brutal at 10K feet even with a good bag), Goal Zero 1500X + Solar Panels, sink & shower, water pump, water heater, custom rear swing away bumper with spare, Hi-lift, and Jerry Can.

Still working the bugs out but love the price point and the independent suspension on the trailer lets me get this combo through some decent trails.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_2916.JPEG

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_2919.JPEG

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_2824.JPEG

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_2827.JPEG

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s a sweet setup! Mind me asking how many hours and cash into it? Was looking at schutt x3
Sponsored