Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't as hardcore as most of the options posted above, but my wife and I are looking at the Aliner Expedition. 1850 lbs dry, 3500 lbs. GVWR. And a bathroom.

5ba26d6c0b08ae79c35fc324.jpg

Chris
That's what I keep coming back to as well. There's lots of options that almost meet my needs but not quite, this is about as close as I've seen. I do wish the construction was a little more rugged, but then at the price they go for I'm not really expecting it.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I keep coming back to as well. There's lots of options that almost meet my needs but not quite, this is about as close as I've seen. I do wish the construction was a little more rugged, but then at the price they go for I'm not really expecting it.
My wife and I do a LOT of RV travel, we see quiet a few of these out and about, they do turn into hotboxes in direct sunlight, mainly for sleeping and storage.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I do a LOT of RV travel, we see quiet a few of these out and about, they do turn into hotboxes in direct sunlight, mainly for sleeping and storage.
Good to know, thanks! Still considering a teardrop with a rooftop tent as well. I really want something that can sleep our family of 3 and fit in my garage (HOA rules don't let me keep it outside).

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's all my wife and I would use it for anyway. The whole point, for us at least, is to be outside when camping. No need for a "home away from home" for us.

Chris

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The present rated towing capacity of 3,500 lbs (yes, it may go higher for certain model/options) narrows the choices for a top-quality, overlanding camping trailer. There may be ideal, but not inexpensive products coming into market just in time, well suited for the BRONCO.

Have my eye on the OPUS Lite (https://www.opuscamper.us/lite/) arriving in September with a rugged chassis, independent suspension and articulated hitch.

The specs seem custom-tailored to the BRONCO:
  • Dry Weight: 2,380lbs
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 3,527lbs
OPUS Lite pic1.PNG

What other solutions do you have in mind? :unsure:
Any M416 derived trailers. Made for Jeeps (military ones) Became a nice base to set up a good overland trailer. Manley makes some, they also have a used page where you can buy legit ones from back in the day and just do what you want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a utility trailer that not only could be used for overlanding, but could be used at home as well for stuff around the house. It would also be sweet if the trailer was big enough to fit the doors and the 2-door hard top during a trip. You could literally park the trailer where ever you are camping and then lock up the doors and hard top to go offroading for the day.

I think I have a market here if I designed something cool.....

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a utility trailer that not only could be used for overlanding, but could be used at home as well for stuff around the house. It would also be sweet if the trailer was big enough to fit the doors and the 2-door hard top during a trip. You could literally park the trailer where ever you are camping and then lock up the doors and hard top to go offroading for the day.

Intech Explore maybe?

https://www.intechrv.com/models/flyer/explore/

You'd have to fold up the bed part, and I'm not sure how secure they are but they do have a good amount of room inside.

SJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 440i, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last spring I searched high and low for the perfect-for-me small camper and I purchased a Taxa Cricket. It weighs in approx 1700-1800 lbs dry and handles potholed mountain roads well.
Loving it so far!

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 1602272042598

Last edited:

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 400 is a nice trailer for sure. I've been trying to sell my in-laws on one, but they are too busy spending money on their boat right now...

For the Bronco, the 320 line is a much better match than the 400. The 400 is best towed by 5,000 lb rated vehicles, since it has a rather high tongue weight.
The moved the axle up about three inches in the last model year or two. Reduced the tongue weight quite a bit. The 400 Boondock is 336 dry weight now.

Sponsored

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking pretty seriously at the T@B 400 Boondock. It's gonna be right up at the limits but shouldn't be a problem. Especially with a weight distribution hitch and sway control bars.

Works for what we generally want to do. Set up camp in an area for a week or so and explore in the Bronco. Hike, hit trails, etc. Nice to have a bathroom and kitchen inside for that type of travel.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 3.54.53 PM

ScottW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The XVenture trailer offers this capability minus being able to store the top. You can empty it out and use it as a utility trailer.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not a fan of towing and planned on bronco being a mini rv for overlanding. So I was pretty ecstatic to see their overland set up