Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's always the home made versions to consider. Our family of four loves this one, its easy on the pocket book, and I'm not afraid to drag it down rough trails. And yes, the Rubi in the pic will be replaced with a 6g and the trailer painted to match.

basecamper.jpg

care to provide more info on it? we are a family of 4 planning doing the same thing in a few years once our youngest is a little older.
Sponsored

WkndEpic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed- leaving the camper at base camp and not carrying everything with you all day is the way to go. Even better when you get home everything stays packed and stored for the next trip.
These are great points as well. Not having your car tied down at base camp and hitching up and heading out quickly are other added benefits to a trailer (of any kind).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm using the old military M416 4x6 foot trailer as a general guideline for the chassis dimensions and building what I want up from there. I'll take my work laptop home one of these weekends and draw it up in CAD. Should be able to get all the materials cut and shaped myself. Already talked to one of welders about handling that end of things. He does alright work I suppose.

FB_IMG_1596055308640.jpg
Too hot on the end of one of those beads, kinda average.

:ROFLMAO: ?
Just kidding thats damn fine, what is it?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is some funky round versions of this that I love that almost got me boooed off the board last spring.

Alas im looking for an old ranger bed to meld with my old rusty 1 horse trailer. Gonna drop the top cage half onto the bed and put that on the tonge/axle. Just gotta get it high enough to put the annex on my Tuffstuff tent.

Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know anything about overlanding beyond what I've started to see here, but it's one of the areas I want to get into as my kids grow up (currently 2 & 3) and plan to learn and built it out once I get my Bronco. I love all these trailers but now hate that I'm 6'4," I'll just curl up in the Bronco and everyone else can sleep in the pop-up.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Planning to order one of these...Bruder Exp-4
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO EXP4.6

SquatchLife

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 15 F150 10F250 15Flex 70 Bronco 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
care to provide more info on it? we are a family of 4 planning doing the same thing in a few years once our youngest is a little older.
There are tons of old military trailers out there on various craigslist/market place sites. Do a little research about the different sizes. Mine is a 1969 M1A if memory serves me. They can usually be had for less than a 1000 bucks and provide a blank slate. Basically they are an empty truck bed on wheels. They have tons of ground clearance, tough, have shocks, and are light. I replaced the axle with a modern trailer axle to get benefit of trailer brakes and hub pattern to match my tow vehicle (shares a spare now). Most folks build some type of rack and mount a roof top tent on top and store their stuff below. In my case I made the rack collapsible so that the trailer is very short while traveling. If you are a gadget guy its easy to add lights, water tank, stoves, I even have a small hot-water heater. Below is a view of it in stored position. .

fbb-32.jpg

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is the thread I've been waiting for. The lady-friend and I are looking to pull a camper with the Bronco, and while I've been disappointed with the tow capacity, I'm not THAT bummed because I want the suspension for shenanigans,

Thanks everyone for the links for consideration. Keep 'em coming!

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too hot on the end of one of those beads, kinda average.

:ROFLMAO: ?
Just kidding thats damn fine, what is it?
That's an intake manifold for a Z06 C7 Vette for when our kit swaps out the PD blower for one of our centrifugals. Any more info than that and it would be blatantly obvious which automotive aftermarket company I work for.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning to order one of these...Bruder Exp-4
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 1596144525324
Beat me to it! That thing is a beast! Last I checked there was a decent delay in building/shipping to the states. Might work out great with the Bronco timing.