Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taxa tiger moth. Super light and almost all alum. They’re based in Houston Texas and are engineered by a former nasa engineer. they have four different trailers and all can be pulled by the bronco.

96D5890F-0D06-4CF1-8212-C42E6FC6CFFC.jpeg
Love their designs also thinking about their model called “The Cricket” which is a little bigger but still only weighs 1800

Would be great for long trips and “working remotely” but steep prices
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 172A81BF-1D71-4376-985E-B6518CA71BCD
Sponsored

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't really camped much since I was a kid, but am definitely looking forward to using the Bronco purchase as a reason to get the family (2 & 3 year old boys) out camping. I only know of organized camping places in MD like Green Briar and Elk Neck, but want to do something more remote eventually.
I would assume West Virginia and PA would have a bunch . Would like to find some off the beaten path not so organized .Looks like I better start searching

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
*Edit* Going back I realize that THIS is the same one that started this whole thread! Oops! Well, now it's actually out!

Hi there. This is my first post on the site. I've been SUPER interested in the off-road/off-grid camping aspect...just get away from the world (assuming the world still sucks in a year). I've been looking at Air Opus for a while. I really like their trailers, but the off-road model GVWR comes in at 3900+ lbs. It would probably be "ok". BUT they just announced the details for this model yesterday, and I think it's perfect. It's another option at least for those of you looking to do this, and not have a RTT.
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO CD8054D7-74B7-4A24-9CF3-20145D6D382D

https://www.opuscamper.us/lite/

Last edited:

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going to get a smitty built trailer and add a RTT. It’s perfect for the application

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Bean Trailer that I plan to tow with my bronco. They make 2 off-road capable models, I have the Mean Bean but there’s a more rugged version, the Meaner Bean for anyone who’s looking.
Weighs around 2k lbs dry which is well within the range for the bronco. Bean is based in Salt Lake.

https://beantrailer.com/

Sponsored

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if i had as much creature comforts as all these trailers offer, i would drive into the wilderness and never come back ?
i prefer backpacking to car camping but i'm still bookmarking all these links for the future ?

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many cool options. Thanks to all who have posted ideas and options. Researching these is great way to productively pass the time until we get more Bronco news!

I hope we get a lot more posting real life experiences with their choices.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is literally my favorite thread on this forum. I'm going to blow so much money.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Bean Trailer that I plan to tow with my bronco. They make 2 off-road capable models, I have the Mean Bean but there’s a more rugged version, the Meaner Bean for anyone who’s looking.
Weighs around 2k lbs dry which is well within the range for the bronco. Bean is based in Salt Lake.

I like the look of that...but like most of these, they get pricey pretty damn quick. It's a tough thing to find though...something big enough for the family, but light enough for the Bronco which will likely be our new camping vehicle. It looks like you have to pay for that as it's a pretty limited market.

I've always been a tent guy, but as I get older it has less and less appeal for me (and my wife). Definitely look forward to what some of you use or plan to use.

Sponsored

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The Mean Beans are really cool. I need to check out the Meaner Bean. Didn't even know that existed.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the rooftop tent style or the style that has the full covered style that Squatchlife has. For a young family it looks like it works out nicely and is safe.
Yes I'll be looking into the rooftop camper. Fun youtubing that topic on the Jeeps, getting ideas from what they do.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, teardrop type would be cool. too.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another less expensive but still great option is the Jumping Jack Trailer. A few different sizes available, 800-2200 pounds, and you can use it as more than just a camping trailer.
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO CD8054D7-74B7-4A24-9CF3-20145D6D382D

Do you have one?
I've been looking for something like this to take into fall hunting camps over rough forest service roads. I've got a lightweight trailer that's had the crap beat out of it and want a small trailer with bigger/stronger axles to take a beating. These are definitely promising for what I've been looking for.