Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the Hiker Trailers. Right now that is the maker I am looking at.
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I pull a Livin Lite (defunct) 6.0 pop-up, its aluminum and dry its in the 700Lbs range, ~1250 GVWR. No need to change even with the lower tow rating of the Bronco. Could make some mods for better offroad ability but pretty much goes where my Xterra goes as is. Reason I went this route over a teardrop or roof top tent is the ability to stand up inside and no need to climb a ladder.
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_3910.JPG

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll need to find some places in the DMV Area
Never really done any camping

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great thread! I would love to get a tiny RV to pull behind my Bronco!

Reactions: Jut

Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll need to find some places in the DMV Area
Never really done any camping
I haven't really camped much since I was a kid, but am definitely looking forward to using the Bronco purchase as a reason to get the family (2 & 3 year old boys) out camping. I only know of organized camping places in MD like Green Briar and Elk Neck, but want to do something more remote eventually.

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another less expensive but still great option is the Jumping Jack Trailer. A few different sizes available, 800-2200 pounds, and you can use it as more than just a camping trailer.
I saw these at an RV Expo and was really impressed. You can even haul an ATV on top of it, then take it off and fold out the tent. There's not really any other amenities to it, but its huge inside when set up.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw these at an RV Expo and was really impressed. You can even haul an ATV on top of it, then take it off and fold out the tent. There's not really any other amenities to it, but its huge inside when set up.
Yeah, I actually had one I towed it with two ATVs on top. Ended up selling it because we down sized and got rid of one of the ATVs. But I have regretted it ever since. I took it on a 10 day elk hunt in northern Idaho and it rained every day. Never a leak. Had it up in the mountains in Nevada on another hunt when it snowed a foot and a half. Tent held like a champ and again, no issues. I loved mine and it was a first edition. They are even better now.

TheNavDad

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've started trying to track down a nice setup for the family to haul around with a new Bronco. I've seen a few of the other suggestions already. Hoping to have it all for the wife and kids like beds and a bathroom.
Rockwood Tent https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/camp...-sports-package/1910esp/2127?RegionSelected=1
Jay Flight SLX https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2021-jay-flight-slx-7/154rb/
Casita Heritage https://casitatraveltrailers.com/heritage/
None are really overland options but a nice basecamp for exploring.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting to look more like a trailer. Nothing fancy and probably a little over built. The floor and bedsides would be in diamond plate I just don't have a pre-built texture for that. Need to figure out what I want to do for a tailgate. This is basically "utility trailer" mode as it sits now. The 2x2 uprights on the long side of the bed are open thru the top rail to act as stake pockets for the removable roof top rack. The rack will be done in 1.5x1.5 and should slide right on in. Once I have that drawn up I can figure out where to locate the Timbren axle-less axles and put some fenders on. Will also have a Lock n Roll hitch.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_20200804_131244

Reactions: Jut

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The present rated towing capacity of 3,500 lbs (yes, it may go higher for certain model/options) narrows the choices for a top-quality, overlanding camping trailer. There may be ideal, but not inexpensive products coming into market just in time, well suited for the BRONCO.

Have my eye on the OPUS Lite (https://www.opuscamper.us/lite/) arriving in September with a rugged chassis, independent suspension and articulated hitch.

The specs seem custom-tailored to the BRONCO:
  • Dry Weight: 2,380lbs
  • Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 3,527lbs
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_20200804_131244

What other solutions do you have in mind? :unsure:
I also hope for a 5k tow capacity with wife and 2 kids demand a inside bathroom/shower - I would get the opus 15 , possibly a Mantis maybe light enough ?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All folded up....

View attachment 20707

IMG_20160530_194405-L.jpg

And all deployed....

IMG_20160530_200901-L.jpg

The exact trailer manufacturing is now defunct.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All folded up....

View attachment 20707

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_20160530_200901-L

And all deployed....

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO IMG_20160530_200901-L

The exact trailer manufacturing is now defunct.
How much room is in a tent like that? I'm 6'4" and all these rooftop tents and ones like that look incredibly tiny. I don't know if it's just the angles or the lens or if they actually are.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much room is in a tent like that? I'm 6'4" and all these rooftop tents and ones like that look incredibly tiny. I don't know if it's just the angles or the lens or if they actually are.
That exact tent is a Tepui brand. www.tepuit.com They make different sizes. This one pictured is about 7 foot wide. The trailer box is 4' wide and the tent folds in half with some room on either side.

I'm 5 10" so most everything fits me and have never noticed how much room is left over but I do not feel cramped. Go to their website for exact measurements.

Edit: my mattress is almost 8' long.

Size (Closed)72" x 48" x 12" (W x L x H)
Size (Open)72" x 96" x 52" (W x L x H)

A better pic showing the true size...

IMG_20160530_200837-L.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: