Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a Bean Trailer that I plan to tow with my bronco. They make 2 off-road capable models, I have the Mean Bean but there’s a more rugged version, the Meaner Bean for anyone who’s looking.
Weighs around 2k lbs dry which is well within the range for the bronco. Bean is based in Salt Lake.

https://beantrailer.com/
I was looking at the Bean trailers, love them. Seem perfect for what I want, but my husband likes the rooftop tents.
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flyer explore is one I have been looking at also. Sleeps 4 and hauls 1 atv.

DFA2EF8C-8D85-49FA-849E-69EEB92683E7.jpeg

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s our trailer. Built from a 5x8 with 4’ interior. Fabbed fenders bumper, batteries, solar, 21 gal water, rear galley, sink, awning, lights everywhere, RTT.
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO DFA2EF8C-8D85-49FA-849E-69EEB92683E7
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO DFA2EF8C-8D85-49FA-849E-69EEB92683E7
That's a fantastic setup!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never even been into overlanding or camping in a hardcore way, but this solution is literally the best of both worlds that i have seen on this thread. This would work perfectly for my wife and i along with our son, and could double as a trailer to haul stuff in when we wouldn't be using it as a camping setup. Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never even been into overlanding or camping in a hardcore way, but this solution is literally the best of both worlds that i have seen on this thread. This would work perfectly for my wife and i along with our son, and could double as a trailer to haul stuff in when we wouldn't be using it as a camping setup. Amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Your welcome. Check out the nobos I posted earlier. Has a roof top tent for 2 and can sleep 2 in the trailer as well as haul 1 atv. I lean towards the nobos but both are pretty sweet.

Sponsored

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have one?
I've been looking for something like this to take into fall hunting camps over rough forest service roads. I've got a lightweight trailer that's had the crap beat out of it and want a small trailer with bigger/stronger axles to take a beating. These are definitely promising for what I've been looking for.
Had one. It was awesome. Had to sell it because I just didn’t have the room. Too many toys and not enough space. I’ve regretted selling it since.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Holy crap. What I've been looking for is a camper that's can be hauled by the Bronco, sleep at least 2, and possibly haul two motorcycles. You might have found the Goldilocks trailer for me.

ScottW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an Xventure, really nice trailer and the company builds it the same as their military trailers. Lightweight since it's aluminum (1800lb), has water tank, power, sink, propane and the open bed can be used as a regular trailer if needed.

20191019_070743.jpg

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking into Hiker Trailers, https://www.hikertrailers.com/
There are a few brands that make some pretty extreme campers tho!

I will probably stick with my tent for now, but would love to get a small camper trailer like this.

1596124450672.png
They have a really long wait, but they have good quality trailers from what I've read. I think right now their Indiana wait is 9 months and Colorado wait is 12.
Taxa tiger moth. Super light and almost all alum. They’re based in Houston Texas and are engineered by a former nasa engineer. they have four different trailers and all can be pulled by the bronco.

96D5890F-0D06-4CF1-8212-C42E6FC6CFFC.jpeg
I liked this a lot, but then started reading articles and watching video reviews and it might not be the best thing if you're planning on doing serious offroading. Also, it's bigger in person than it looks.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting mine from tinycampercompany.com in Florida. We rented a similar one to see if we'd like it and we did. Used a JLU Rubicon to pull it. We're hoping to do some real offroading trips with it with the JLU and with the Bronco when it comes.

Jut

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Subaru Outback, 19 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ours is 2,900 lbs dry so it will be close if thats the final tow numbers. The lady wanted a dry bath otherwise I would have went smaller.

20200527_201918.jpg

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have a really long wait, but they have good quality trailers from what I've read. I think right now their Indiana wait is 9 months and Colorado wait is 12.

I liked this a lot, but then started reading articles and watching video reviews and it might not be the best thing if you're planning on doing serious offroading. Also, it's bigger in person than it looks.
My use would just be for general overlanding. I saw one on the road today being pulled by a Subaru Forester. It looked perfect for me and my wife and I’ll throw a rooftop tent on the bronco for the kids. But you’re right. It’s no turtle back trailer but it would do great for me.
Sponsored