2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing that Patriot Camper I’m sold. Plus there’s a US dealer just to the south so score.
The guys at Exploration Outfitters are great to deal with. Feel free to join the Patriot USA FB group. Lots of good info there.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Controversial opinion... but you know that I am right:

If you want to do a lot of overloading (meaning getting to remote places but with roads good enough that you could actually pull a trailer), you are better off with a different vehicle that is more comfortable for longer stretches at higher speeds and has higher towing capacity like the Explorer, which has 5,600 lbs v. 3,500 for the Bronco.
The trails I tow our camper through (which could go anywhere our jeep or lifted truck can go), an explorer couldnt make it. Im talking climbing large rock walls to get to some of these spots.

Parsa

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I wanted to sleep in a tent, I would just take my tent. My next purchase may be a T@G Boondock trailer. Here's the 2021 model:

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 2021-TAG-boonkock-fp-768x492

2021 model video (note: the regular sized T@G now comes with a microwave in the 2021 edition).
2021 T@G XL BoonDock Video

You can get a much better articulating trailer hitch, such as the Lock n Roll hitch, so it wont come off on trail.

Last edited:

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 1597467637565

I've got one of these right now, and I love it. It has the raised suspension and off road capable tires. It's about 2500lbs. I won't be doing crazy trail driving, but I'll be going off the beaten path to set up in cool locations.

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We just completed a 4K mile trip of the West in this and it did great enough room for wife and 2 toddlers and pulls real easy and fits inside garage

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 1597467637565
Just rented this same trailer for a few days. It has more than enough space for two to sleep and the inside dimensions are just a bit bigger than the Kong I ordered from Tiny Camper Co.
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 81161513_2547731875486513_4562078450373885952_n
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO P_20200805_151455

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like my e pro 16bh, got the off road package so it sits a bit higher. Just hope the 4 dr bronc can get bumped up a tad.
Those have nice features.

What kind of suspension does it have? Could it handle long runs on washboard roads without shaking apart or is it more of a smooth road trailer?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This Sol Eclipse looks like a nice setup. You can get a 2.5" lift at least. Not a real off road trailer but would make a nice base camp with shower and bathroom and a/c (with a generator). GVWR is right up at 3500 lbs.

https://www.intechrv.com/models/sol/eclipse/

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.52.31 PM

Jut

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Subaru Outback, 19 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those have nice features.

What kind of suspension does it have? Could it handle long runs on washboard roads without shaking apart or is it more of a smooth road trailer?
It has a torflex axle so it functions independently, handles washboard pretty well but i have put a ton of miles on it.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That Kong from Tiny Camper Company is awesome. Just take my money already...

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

beastnote

Black Diamond
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's always the home made versions to consider. Our family of four loves this one, its easy on the pocket book, and I'm not afraid to drag it down rough trails. And yes, the Rubi in the pic will be replaced with a 6g and the trailer painted to match.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.28.07 PM

beastnote

Black Diamond
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's always the home made versions to consider. Our family of four loves this one, its easy on the pocket book, and I'm not afraid to drag it down rough trails. And yes, the Rubi in the pic will be replaced with a 6g and the trailer painted to match.

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.28.07 PM
man thats a cool set up! was it that set up? the tent on top and extending out...
Sponsored