Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
my solution, bring less stuff and improvise
Iā€™m torn at the moment!

Iā€™m about to salvage some 6061 aluminum, enough to frame one sturdy adventure trailer but Iā€˜m torn over the burden of owning and storing it.

And even though I love building things it would still be a chore.

Iā€™ll never buy one, but the odds of falling into this type of material again would likely never happen.

To build or not build??

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Final update on trip pulling the travel trailer. here are the details on my Bronco and mods

2021 4dr badlands NON sasquatch
2.3L 4cyl auto
35x12.5x17 Radar Renegade tires
Stock no Lift
JCR front winch mount and guard w/camera relocation

My over all thoughts: The Bronco handling pulling the trailer was impressive. We traveled for two weeks dealing with sand storms high crosswinds (40 mph) and was very stable. Our trip consisted of traveling from MO thru OK, TX into NM and up to Flagstaff for overland Expo then to Grand Canyon before heading into mountains thru Wolf Creel Pass(10,000 ft plus) and Durango before heading across Kansas to go home. The theme for the whole trip was the wind. We either dealt with heavy crosswinds or headwinds but the bronco was very stable and plenty of power. I will post picture below of the trip showing the avg. MPG from time left house to return. We seemed to average between 7.5 with heavy headwinds to best of 10 pulling across flat Kansas with some crosswinds.
will also repost the weight ticket for the trailer and Bronco loaded which I am sure some will say negative comments as it is a heavy load. I will say after this trip my impression is the other vehicle on this trip rated for more was scary and the Bronco was very solid(suspect due to wide track).

This trip makes me do some testing to see if can pull Ember 17FB???
20220518_155002.jpg
20220514_082140.jpg
20220529_173556.jpg
20220516_092432.jpg
I
IMG950581.jpg
Well I'm feeling better about the 2021 Avenger LT I just bought that has a dry weight of 2864. Even if I had all three tanks full (never will be) I'm still under 3500 lbs.

Your trailer actually weighs about 3957 due to the 377 lb tongue weight according to the specs of the wolf pup. Glad you're the Guinea pig in this experiment and not me!:giggle:

I would imagine you have the record for weight/miles. If I were Ford I'd want to do some testing on your vehicle to see what effect towing this kind of weight for this distance has had.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'm feeling better about the 2021 Avenger LT I just bought that has a dry weight of 2864. Even if I had all three tanks full (never will be) I'm still under 3500 lbs.

Your trailer actually weighs about 3957 due to the 377 lb tongue weight according to the specs of the wolf pup. Glad you're the Guinea pig in this experiment and not me!:giggle:

I would imagine you have the record for weight/miles. If I were Ford I'd want to do some testing on your vehicle to see what effect towing this kind of weight for this distance has had.
no issues had in dealership and looked over. changed oils. i also weighed the whole setup and posted weight ticket

Sponsored

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got our LIV 19BH camper built. Only 2580lbs dry with 2 bunks and a queen murphy bed. Made in Southern Georgia out of thermoplastic composite which makes it this light weight. Check them out at
https://www.livrvtrailers.com/

20220820_145658.jpg

20220820_145644.jpg

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm renting an off-road tear drop trailer from Escapod in June, so we can see whether or not we like sleeping in a box! If so, then my 3rd gen trailer will be built around a queen sized bed. If not, then it will be an improved version of what we have now, especially the suspension.
Did you actually rent an escapod in June? If so, what was it like? Are you still thinking about it as a viable option?

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you actually rent an escapod in June? If so, what was it like? Are you still thinking about it as a viable option?
No I didn't. We decided to get a roof top tent to put on our little trail trailer instead. Much less money than a tear drop, even if I were to build it myself, and roomier too. Sorry I can't offer a review on the escapod.

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2.7 BaseSquatch effortlessly tows our off-road trailer with an XL RTT, weighing 1600lbs with gear

Welded steel, 6ā€ box, 35ā€ tires
Here it is on the trail

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 188D1935-1EA1-4CFF-960F-0EDBD8D90BC2
Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 30D06C00-0E36-4F61-B0DA-86206B0A5ABA

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got our LIV 19BH camper built. Only 2580lbs dry with 2 bunks and a queen murphy bed. Made in Southern Georgia out of thermoplastic composite which makes it this light weight. Check them out at
https://www.livrvtrailers.com/

Ford Bronco Lightweight Overlanding Camper/trailers ideal for BRONCO 30D06C00-0E36-4F61-B0DA-86206B0A5ABA

How is the Bronco handling the towing? I like how low to the ground the trailer sits.

Sponsored

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes - the woolly bear comes pre-wired with powerā€¦so in the main field kitchen area you get a couple USB ports and a 12V outletā€¦and a few switches for storage compartment LED lighting and underbody lighting. This is all powered off a Group 24 battery stored in the battery compartment at the front of the trailer. The battery is charged via your 7pin trailer connection to the tow vehicleā€¦but can also be charged using solar panels that can plug into an Anderson jack that is located on the front of the trailer. The sliding drawer compartment on the back also comes pre-wired with a 12V outlet so you can plug an electric cooler in there.

While all of that is nice and does a good job, youā€™ll likely need additional lighting for when you are cooking and doing other things around the trailerā€¦.I have a few rechargeable magnetic LED lights that I can attach to basically anywhere on the trailer or my bronco.
It looks like you used your own RTT and awning setup. I'm in the market for the Woolly Bear Overland edition (or perhaps the standard edition, not sure yet). Did you order your Woolly bear with any of the options? Additional risers, etc? I'm sure the Thule or 23Zero options are nice but would like the flexibility of getting my own RTT and awning if the mounting points on the Woolly Bear were good to go with no additional options.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks like you used your own RTT and awning setup. I'm in the market for the Woolly Bear Overland edition (or perhaps the standard edition, not sure yet). Did you order your Woolly bear with any of the options? Additional risers, etc? I'm sure the Thule or 23Zero options are nice but would like the flexibility of getting my own RTT and awning if the mounting points on the Woolly Bear were good to go with no additional options.
The only options I added to my order where a couple extra risers. I ordered the James Baroud RTT and awnings from an outfitter company out of Denver. It took a little extra hardware and spacers to get everything to attach the way it needed to but nothing too crazy. Let me know if you want me to send you some up close pics of how itā€™s all attached.

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only options I added to my order where a couple extra risers. I ordered the James Baroud RTT and awnings from an outfitter company out of Denver. It took a little extra hardware and spacers to get everything to attach the way it needed to but nothing too crazy. Let me know if you want me to send you some up close pics of how itā€™s all attached.

That'd be great if you don't mind!

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed my tow package several months ago and still haven't been scheduled. Getting pushed to '23. After reading all 30 pages this thread, I'm definitely going to put tow pkg back in.

Thomas

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the Bronco handling the towing? I like how low to the ground the trailer sits.
Didn't even know it was back there. I do use a WDH and brake controller though, so that definitely helps.
Sponsored