Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This looks like something I would like. Do you know how much they usually cost?
RVTRADER is showing as $40k+ new and low $30s used. Think I'd rather drop that type of money on an OPUS.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These things are expensive. I've thought about buying a box trailer and using that to store and haul camping gear. And maybe installing some folding beds to attach to the walls.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is why my research thought process made me settle on my offroad teardrop.

I looked at more convenient travel trailers and they simply can't be pulled safely on the forest service/blm type roads where I hunt.

I looked at the box/cargo trailers for a multi-purpose rig since I had the towing capacity. Their main setback is they are so top heavy that they aren't really made for anything more than a dirt road. It would be white knuckling to down right dangerous to try to take them on many forest service/blm roads.

Some of the high end teardrop trailer models like the new Boreas and the Opus 15 get around the top heavy aspect by having a raising top. You can stand up in these and they even have inside toilets. Negatives are they will exceed the bronco tow rating and are incredibly expensive and a used market essentially doesn't currently exist.

I also looked at a small military style trailer with a roof top tent. These are most offroad capable if doing extreme offroading, but most are $15k plus and you are still in a tent and having to deal with a ladder. I also didn't want just a roof top tent on my vehicle as I like setting up a good base camp and didn't want to lose the payload and space in the bed or deal with a wet tent. I also don't like the long set up time on some of these with so much canvas to set up, when I can just hop in my teardrop with literally zero setup and go to sleep.

i finally settled on an offroad teardrop as the best compromise. I hunt a lot so most my offroading is sketchy roads, big rocks and washouts but not Rubicon level trails or anything. I like having 4 hard walls, a heater, a nice galley, a fridge/freezer and water tanks. The negative are no inside toilet or inside shower, but I can set up an outside tent for that and also don't have to deal with a black/gray water tank. To me it was the most value, a significant step up from a tent and still able to safely tow it to the remote places I go. While expensive, I also didn't break the bank like the high end pop up trailers I discussed above. Those are easily 2-3x as expensive which just seemed crazy for something you are dragging off-road.

I'll check in occasionally on how it's doing as I have some big backcountry trips coming up.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really for overlanding and rough use, but small, light with inside potty for the wife. Plus can be reconfigured as need and can be set up to sleep four if needed. Just don't know how much it is!

https://happiercamper.com/pages/hc-traveler

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really for overlanding and rough use, but small, light with inside potty for the wife. Plus can be reconfigured as need and can be set up to sleep four if needed. Just don't know how much it is!

https://happiercamper.com/pages/hc-traveler
That is super nice, but I don't know about spending as much for the trailer as I paid for the mule pulling it.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are trailers like EPRO in the 20K range and some of the "teardrops" go well into the 30-40k range? Are the teardrops much higher quality?
Good question⁉ Most likely it's because some of the teardrop trailers with off road capabilities have heavier duty construction and suspensions, articulating hitch connections, packing all the amenities into a small areas, etc. Supply and demand must have a lot to do with it as well.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like a SWAT vehicle ?
Those Bruders are so nice! But jeez they're expensive! With a few options and shipping, your looking at $60,000 +
Sponsored